Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lincoln Project

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Lincoln Project - Page 3 Empty Re: Lincoln Project

Post by GRR Spartan on 2020-07-24, 21:17

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I'm gonna vote for the Lincoln project.

Isn't there something shady going on with their fundraising/spending? I feel like I read something about it a few weeks ago but I can't find anything now.

Lincoln Project is in the crosshairs of several "conservative" online publications.

One of the most verciferous has been The American Thinker. An online publication that has been very complimentary to white nationalists, claimed Rainbow Doritos were on the market to promote homosexuality to children and claimed women in politics are ruining political speech.

The more damage The Lincoln Project does to Trump inside The White House, the more smear campaigns are going to pop up damning the project.

From what I've read, they are media political pros who can spend a fraction of what Democrats might spend because they target their audience and sometimes that is an audience of one, President Trump.

Read where they bought blocks of ad time on Fox and Friends to run a 30 second spot mocking the Tulsa event attendance. Within a week Trump demoted Brad Parscale, Trump 2020's manager.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on 2020-07-24, 21:54

Thought I read that their initial donations were very top heavy in their expenditures. I’d assume that’s not uncommon with new pacs.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on 2020-07-24, 22:01

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politico.com/amp/news/magazine/2020/07/06/lincoln-project-ads-republicans-democrats-349184

The Lincoln Project ads are slick, quick and filled with damning quotes and unflattering photos. But part of it might just be that Republicans are better at this than Democrats. Trump may sense that these ads are especially dangerous because they pack an emotional punch, using imagery designed to provoke anxiety, anger and fear—aimed at the very voters who were driven to him by those same feelings in 2016. And history, even science, suggests that might in fact be the case—that Republicans have a knack for scaring the hell out of people, and that makes for some potent ads.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2020-07-24, 22:58

Thanks for the info GRR and kingston.

I don't really care much about these guys beyond November. I promise you that I will forget that they exist, and so will Steve and so will a lot of other folks (not to group myself in with steve, even though I love him, even though I give him a lot of shit sometimes).

It seems like, many folks here, have aligned themselves left for 2020, and that's because of a basic morality factor. Many folks here have stated that they lean other certain ways at times, and have in the past but it's beyond obvious to them right now that what is happening right now with this President and his Administration is wrong. So they are going to morally oppose that, by any means necessary. I'm right there with that. There may be some diehard well studied Democrats here who scoff at us, but honestly fuck you guys. You can keep your progressive agenda, whatever, I mostly am all for it. But that's not what we need right now. We need to root out this evil shit. I am not worried about what it will bridge into. It's more important than that. This guy and his people and his followers are every-fucking-thing that is wrong with this country rolled into one. He is only concerned with ego and lining his pockets. He picks and chooses his issues based on that and has no moral boundaries - racism? Sure, if it gets me what I want. Putting people at risk in a pandemic so I can point to my economy as a benchmark success? Sure. It is morally wrong and it is reprehensible.

Move them out.  Travis said it before he can't wait for us to go back to not caring about politics. I can't wait for it, too!

Let's get this guy and his sycophants out. Full stop, fuck everything else. We can't plan on the next strategic move when we might not even be able to execute the first and most important one.

They make good commercials. I don't know who they will influence but I think they are willing to be bigger assholes than the Dems are. That's needed. That's great. That gets us closer to Step 1. GET HIM OUT.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2020-07-24, 23:24

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Thanks for the info GRR and kingston.

I don't really care much about these guys beyond November. I promise you that I will forget that they exist, and so will Steve and so will a lot of other folks (not to group myself in with steve, even though I love him, even though I give him a lot of shit sometimes).

It seems like, many folks here, have aligned themselves left for 2020, and that's because of a basic morality factor. Many folks here have stated that they lean other certain ways at times, and have in the past but it's beyond obvious to them right now that what is happening right now with this President and his Administration is wrong. So they are going to morally oppose that, by any means necessary. I'm right there with that. There may be some diehard well studied Democrats here who scoff at us, but honestly fuck you guys. You can keep your progressive agenda, whatever, I mostly am all for it. But that's not what we need right now. We need to root out this evil shit. I am not worried about what it will bridge into. It's more important than that. This guy and his people and his followers are every-fucking-thing that is wrong with this country rolled into one. He is only concerned with ego and lining his pockets. He picks and chooses his issues based on that and has no moral boundaries - racism? Sure, if it gets me what I want. Putting people at risk in a pandemic so I can point to my economy as a benchmark success? Sure. It is morally wrong and it is reprehensible.

Move them out.  Travis said it before he can't wait for us to go back to not caring about politics. I can't wait for it, too!

Let's get this guy and his sycophants out. Full stop, fuck everything else. We can't plan on the next strategic move when we might not even be able to execute the first and most important one.

They make good commercials. I don't know who they will influence but I think they are willing to be bigger assholes than the Dems are. That's needed. That's great. That gets us closer to Step 1. GET HIM OUT.

Lincoln Project - Page 3 1486952199 Lincoln Project - Page 3 1486952199 Lincoln Project - Page 3 1486952199

Love you too Brother. My take on the Lincoln project:

A) They are sincere - lot of them left the party, and I believe them when they say it wasn't easy.

B) I think they love America and put country above party.

C) I think they are in a loose state of mind and just having fun doing what they are doing which is helping their creative output.

D) They have the advantage of being immature and pranksters which gives them an edge in their messaging

E) Lets all shut the fuck up and just welcome it for fucks sake. Progressive movement and the America as we know it dies if Trump wins in 2020. Put all chips into the center of the table and fucking win

That's it.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on 2020-08-04, 20:04

Yesterday: The Trump Campaign placed a TV buy in the DC area on Fox News ONLY, to run over the next 2 weeks. This is obviously done for Trump to see his own ad.

Today: Knowing that Trump will be watching for his ad, The Loncoln Project placed a TV buy in the DC area on Fox News ONLY to run over the next 1 week, at 2-3x the level that Trump's ad will run.

Quality trolling Lincoln Project - Page 3 502811600

Obviously, these will also reach so many Republican lawmakers, staffers, etc. that watch Fox News, which is a big part of what the Lincoln Project is trying to do, so it isn't money mis-spent.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2020-08-04, 20:41

MiamiSpartan wrote:Yesterday: The Trump Campaign placed a TV buy in the DC area on Fox News ONLY, to run over the next 2 weeks. This is obviously done for Trump to see his own ad.

Today: Knowing that Trump will be watching for his ad, The Loncoln Project placed a TV buy in the DC area on Fox News ONLY to run over the next 1 week, at 2-3x the level that Trump's ad will run.

Quality trolling Lincoln Project - Page 3 502811600

Obviously, these will also reach so many Republican lawmakers, staffers, etc. that watch Fox News, which is a big part of what the Lincoln Project is trying to do, so it isn't money mis-spent.

Love it.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum: