Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 2020 Presidential campaign.

Page 15 of 28 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 28  Next

Go down

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 15 Empty Re: The 2020 Presidential campaign.

Post by MiamiSpartan on 2020-09-09, 17:01

kingstonlake wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

Ok, I'll bite. How would the US Attorney General be able to nullify non-absentee mail-in ballots?

Does the attorney general enforce federal law?

Of course, but elections are governed by state law, not federal law.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 15 Empty Re: The 2020 Presidential campaign.

Post by kingstonlake on 2020-09-09, 17:02

MiamiSpartan wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Does the attorney general enforce federal law?

My understanding is the federal government presides over federal candidate elections.

The federal government asserts jurisdiction over an
election offense to ensure that basic rights of United States
citizenship, and a fundamental process of representative
democracy, remain uncorrupted.
Election crime casestend to be long-termprojects focusing
on individuals with different degrees of culpability. The ultimate
goal is to move up the ladder of culpability to candidates, political
operatives, public officials, and others who attempted to corrupt,
or did corrupt, the public office involved.
Federal jurisdiction over election fraud is easily established
in elections when a federal candidate is on the ballot.
The mere
listing of a federal candidate’s name on a ballot is sufficient, under
most of the federal statutes used to prosecute voter fraud, to
establish federal jurisdiction.

Last edited by kingstonlake on 2020-09-09, 17:14; edited 1 time in total
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on 2020-09-09, 17:13

Rocinante wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:This is less about the election than it is about what Biden should do after inauguration, in George Will's opinion. It's interesting, and sobering to think we'd lose a war against China.

This is who Joe Biden should nominate as defense secretary

Fuck that bow tie wearing rape denying piece of shit.

The moderate right has gotten too much fucking attention in this campaign. No wonder Biden is underperforming with blacks and Latinx folks. Oh but it’s ok, we have the lukewarm support of white suburban women. If Biden takes one shred of advice from that shit head, he might as well switch parties.

Last week you were saying that Biden is losing Latins because they (Latins) are moving to the right. Now Biden is losing Latins because Biden is attracting the moderate right? I'm confused, but maybe I'm just misunderstanding.

Either way, your disdain for having Republicans support Biden still doesn't make sense. Call me crazy, but it seems that every Republican vote against Trump would be welcome.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on 2020-09-09, 17:23

kingstonlake wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

My understanding is the federal government presides over federal candidate elections.

The federal government asserts jurisdiction over an
election offense to ensure that basic rights of United States
citizenship, and a fundamental process of representative
democracy, remain uncorrupted.
Election crime casestend to be long-termprojects focusing
on individuals with different degrees of culpability. The ultimate
goal is to move up the ladder of culpability to candidates, political
operatives, public officials, and others who attempted to corrupt,
or did corrupt, the public office involved.
Federal jurisdiction over election fraud is easily established
in elections when a federal candidate is on the ballot.
The mere
listing of a federal candidate’s name on a ballot is sufficient, under
most of the federal statutes used to prosecute voter fraud, to
establish federal jurisdiction.

Fair enough, they do when it comes to fraud, but just claiming fraud doesn't make it so. The courts would never side with that without proof, especially when it comes to over-turning state laws on elections given to them by the constitution.

Not to mention, claiming fraud on all non-absentee ballots would make Trump guilty of fraud himself, as he does a mail in, non-absentee voting (we don't have absentee voting in Florida, which just goes to show that it is semantics anyway).
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan on 2020-09-09, 17:26

FAKE TAPE by FAKE REPORTER who worked for FAILING WASHINGTON POST
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on 2020-09-09, 17:31

MiamiSpartan wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Fair enough, they do when it comes to fraud, but just claiming fraud doesn't make it so.  The courts would never side with that without proof, especially when it comes to over-turning state laws on elections given to them by the constitution.

Not to mention, claiming fraud on all non-absentee ballots would make Trump guilty of fraud himself, as he does a mail in, non-absentee voting (we don't have absentee voting in Florida, which just goes to show that it is semantics anyway).

True. Also prosecuting election fraud and having jurisdiction over it is probably not the same. Maybe a bridge to far even for this DOJ.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

gomersbro likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on 2020-09-09, 17:58

Trump and Kim Jong Un had sex, didn't they?

I mean, if you see the quotes from these letters from Kim in Woodward's book, it reads like the fucking Notebook or something. "Oh, I will never forget when we held hands, Your Excellency, on that beautiful moment" or something to that effect. And then something about it being like something out of a "fantasy film." Da fuq?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan on 2020-09-09, 18:04

The GOP is going to blanket every precinct they think has a chance to go for Biden regardless of how small a chance with election volunteers to challenge every absentee ballot to drag out the process.

End game is for the SCOTUS to declare the election over and declare Trump the winner. Similar strategy was used in Florida in 2000. The GOP shipped down “protestors”, ballot counting stopped, the DOJ blinked , Al Gore “trusted the system and SCOTUS declared Bush2 the winner.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on 2020-09-09, 18:09

GRR Spartan wrote:The GOP is going to blanket every precinct they think has a chance to go for Biden regardless of how small a chance with election volunteers to challenge every absentee ballot to drag out the process.

End game is for the SCOTUS to declare the election over and declare Trump the winner. Similar strategy was used in Florida in 2000. The GOP shipped down “protestors”, ballot counting stopped, the DOJ blinked , Al Gore “trusted the system and SCOTUS declared Bush2 the winner.

You think riots are bad now? Just wait.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2020-09-09, 18:17

Rocinante wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:This is less about the election than it is about what Biden should do after inauguration, in George Will's opinion. It's interesting, and sobering to think we'd lose a war against China.

This is who Joe Biden should nominate as defense secretary

The moderate right has gotten too much fucking attention in this campaign. No wonder Biden is underperforming with blacks and Latinx folks. Oh but it’s ok, we have the lukewarm support of white suburban women. If Biden takes one shred of advice from that shit head, he might as well switch parties.

Sorry, I have to admit that I've lost track of everyone who has denied rape accusations. I'm going to have to start vetting my sources before using them.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2020-09-09, 19:25

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

Last week you were saying that Biden is losing Latins because they (Latins) are moving to the right. Now Biden is losing Latins because Biden is attracting the moderate right? I'm confused, but maybe I'm just misunderstanding.

Either way, your disdain for having Republicans support Biden still doesn't make sense. Call me crazy, but it seems that every Republican vote against Trump would be welcome.

I never said that. I said if Republicans weren’t fucking fascists they have a probable advantage with some Latinx folks because of a cultural conservatism. Not that they are moving right.

I also never said republicans shouldn’t support Biden. Let them vote for him. Great. My problem is with how much space they are being given in the Democrat headspace. At the expense of progressive voices.

Fuckin misquote me again, mofo.

Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2020-09-09, 19:30

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

Sorry, I have to admit that I've lost track of everyone who has denied rape accusations. I'm going to have to start vetting my sources before using them.

He wrote a column saying that women on college campuses were making up rape accusations because the “special status” that being a survivor gives them incentivized it.

Not kidding.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm on 2020-09-09, 19:50

MiamiSpartan wrote:Trump and Kim Jong Un had sex, didn't they?

I mean, if you see the quotes from these letters from Kim in Woodward's book, it reads like the fucking Notebook or something. "Oh, I will never forget when we held hands, Your Excellency, on that beautiful moment" or something to that effect. And then something about it being like something out of a "fantasy film." Da fuq?

Well that explains why Kim Jong Un's sister is taking control. Kim Jong Un is dying from the herp
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2020-09-09, 20:24

GRR Spartan wrote:The GOP is going to blanket every precinct they think has a chance to go for Biden regardless of how small a chance with election volunteers to challenge every absentee ballot to drag out the process.

the racist bigoted christian sexual predator is gonna win.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on 2020-09-09, 23:11

Rocinante wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

I never said that. I said if Republicans weren’t fucking fascists they have a probable advantage with some Latinx folks because of a cultural conservatism. Not that they are moving right.

I also never said republicans shouldn’t support Biden. Let them vote for him. Great. My problem is with how much space they are being given in the Democrat headspace. At the expense of progressive voices.

Fuckin misquote me again, mofo.

Would you feel better if I said that you said that Latins are "increasingly turning" to the right instead of "moving" to the right? Surely you're not going Nigel on us. Here's what you said that I'm referring to.

You seem to suggest I’m being emotional or impulsive, my argument is 100% practical. Say you maybe do ok with suburban women but you lose the black vote in the process. Latinx folks are increasingly turning to the right. Even young people. We’re suppose to pretend this has nothing to do with the left going soft on the message? By trying to be everything to everyone, they will be nothing to nobody.

Also, that doesn't sound like you were talking about the Republican Party there. I'd welcome clarification I'm misunderstanding your exact words. That's why I said in the post that you took exception to that "maybe I'm just misunderstanding".

Also, if you're getting hung up on exact quotes, I didn't say that you said that Republicans shouldn't support Biden. I said that you have disdain for pro-Biden Republicans. I also made my own observation that any anti-Trump votes should be welcome.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2020-09-10, 00:50

I say so much that’s correct I get it mixed up. The Democrats message toward black and Latinx communities is not in step with the times. It softens the black and young latinx support which would more naturally be Democrat. The turning to the right thing must have been based based on something I read that day, and I don’t remember what it was now. I’m sure it was still right.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on 2020-09-10, 11:10

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

I assume you have Biden winning Pennsylvania?

Biden is currently a bigger fave in Pennsylvania than Trump is in Arizona, NC or Florida. Actually Wisconsin is closer than Penn. Hell he's closer to Trump's lead in Ohio than he is to losing AZ, NC or FL currently.

Let’s let this play out.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politico.com/amp/news/2020/09/10/trump-gop-voter-registration-pennsylvania-411232
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2020-09-10, 11:36

kingstonlake wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

Biden is currently a bigger fave in Pennsylvania than Trump is in Arizona, NC or Florida. Actually Wisconsin is closer than Penn. Hell he's closer to Trump's lead in Ohio than he is to losing AZ, NC or FL currently.

Let’s let this play out.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politico.com/amp/news/2020/09/10/trump-gop-voter-registration-pennsylvania-411232
America is a stupid country.

The mainstream media is a willing accomplice to the GOP and downfall of America.

The racist, bigoted christian sexual predator is gonna win.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on 2020-09-10, 18:58

Trump campaign is bombarding election officials in Wisc, Pennsylvania, and Georgia with questionaires about the mail in process. CNN reporting that they are like depositions. Some are 60 questions long. Asking for personal information, etc. I'm telling you, they're going to test the legal boundaries on the legitimacy of mail in ballot processes. They are going to make the case of personal bias from officials, etc. This is going to get ugly. Real ugly.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2020-09-10, 22:52

[tw]1304195354372562947?s=21[/tw]
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2020-09-10, 23:07

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

The mainstream media is a willing accomplice to the GOP and downfall of America.

You hedge your bets more than Skip Bayless.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2020-09-11, 06:04

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

You hedge your bets more than Skip Bayless.
I don't know what about "the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator is gonna win" is unclear.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on 2020-09-11, 06:15

He's going to win guys. I have zero faith in America's ability to do the right thing. People are gonna vote against something that isn't on the ballot.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on 2020-09-12, 01:53

I've had three people in the last couple days who I consider very rational people, go from apolitical on FB, to subtly political. All making reference to protesters under the guise of respect and getting the country back to loving each other.

They've found their reason. It's over.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2020-09-12, 04:26

kingstonlake wrote:I've had three people in the last couple days who I consider very rational people, go from apolitical on FB, to subtly political. All making reference to protesters under the guise of respect and getting the country back to loving each other.

Wut? The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 15 1494614055 You're getting close to being as psycho as Bob.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on 2020-09-12, 08:32

The Pantry wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:I've had three people in the last couple days who I consider very rational people, go from apolitical on FB, to subtly political. All making reference to protesters under the guise of respect and getting the country back to loving each other.

Wut? The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 15 1494614055 You're getting close to being as psycho as Bob.

Not sure making an election prediction makes one psycho. Thanks for stopping over and conquering your fears temporarily.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2020-09-12, 08:43

kingstonlake wrote:
The Pantry wrote:

Not sure making an election prediction makes one psycho. Thanks for stopping over and conquering your fears temporarily.
No fear.

Answer the question.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on 2020-09-12, 08:57

The Pantry wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

No fear.

Answer the question.

You didn't ask one. Not that I'm obligated to answer either way. But if you have one, ask it quickly. I don't want your fear of this forum to overcome you again.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2020-09-12, 09:05

kingstonlake wrote:
The Pantry wrote:
No fear.

Answer the question.

You didn't ask one. Not that I'm obligated to answer either way. But if you have one, ask it quickly. I don't want your fear of this forum to overcome you again.
https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t22396-a-question
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on 2020-09-12, 09:07

The Pantry wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t22396-a-question

I don't care if there's one, none, or three.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2020-09-12, 10:34

kingstonlake wrote:

Simple question requiring only a yes or no. You blab a lot. Certainly you can muster one of those words into your keyboard.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on 2020-09-12, 11:09

The Pantry wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Simple question requiring only a yes or no. You blab a lot. Certainly you can muster one of those words into your keyboard.

I don't have an opinion either way. Why is that so hard for you to understand?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan on 2020-09-12, 20:17

Yesterday Trump appointed Federal Appeals Court majority struck down a ruling declaring the Florida law requiring felons to repay any and all fines as a requirement to register to vote.

In Wisconsin that state’s Supreme Court made a ruling to stop mailing absentee ballots The Green Party fled suit to be included on the ballot. They had previously been rejected because their VP candidate listed an incorrect address making all signatures containing the incorrect address invalid.

In Texas, the court upheld the state’s strict rule of only those 65 and older are eligible to vote by mail.

Meanwhile Moscow Mitch McConnell first order of business was scheduling more Federal judge appointments. Many of those Federal judgeships sat empty through part of President Obama’s first term and all of his second term.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2020-09-12, 21:15

GRR Spartan wrote:Yesterday Trump appointed Federal Appeals Court majority struck down a ruling declaring the Florida law requiring felons to repay any and all fines as a requirement to register to vote.

In Wisconsin that state’s Supreme Court made a ruling to stop mailing absentee ballots The Green Party fled suit to be included on the ballot. They had previously been rejected because their VP candidate listed an incorrect address making all signatures containing the incorrect address invalid.

In Texas, the court upheld the state’s strict rule of only those 65 and older are eligible to vote by mail.

Meanwhile Moscow Mitch McConnell first order of business was scheduling more Federal judge appointments. Many of those Federal judgeships sat empty through part of President Obama’s first term and all of his second term.
the racist, bigoted christian sexual.predator is gonna win.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron on 2020-09-12, 23:03

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:Yesterday Trump appointed Federal Appeals Court majority struck down a ruling declaring the Florida law requiring felons to repay any and all fines as a requirement to register to vote.

In Wisconsin that state’s Supreme Court made a ruling to stop mailing absentee ballots The Green Party fled suit to be included on the ballot.  They had previously been rejected because their VP candidate listed an incorrect address making all signatures containing the incorrect address invalid.

Meanwhile Moscow Mitch McConnell first order of business was scheduling more Federal judge appointments.  Many of those Federal judgeships sat empty through part of President Obama’s first term and all of his second term.
I hope somebody kidnaps Mitch McConnell and keeps him shackled as a basement gimp to be anally raped by rusty dildos for a thousand years.
I think that's what you meant to say.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2020-09-13, 00:30

I'm sick of y'alls Debbie Downerism. kl I think you are influenced by your environment. I have no idea what Bob's excuse is. I think he's maybe just a very odd individual.

Trump is not going to win the election. He is going to get slaughtered in the popular vote, and he's going to lose the Electoral College when all of the votes are counted. He's going to lose MI by a landslide. He's going to lose MN by a landslide. He's going to lose PA. He's going to lose NV and all of the states in the NE. He's going to lose AZ. He's probably going to lose FL. I am not an expert on this stuff by any means but this is what I think is going to happen based on my reads. The mid-terms were a big indicator to me that people are going to turn out for this one, because they understand what is at stake and who this guy is.

What happens after he loses, I can't begin to predict.

I hope I'm right.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on 2020-09-13, 06:29

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I'm sick of y'alls Debbie Downerism. kl I think you are influenced by your environment. I have no idea what Bob's excuse is. I think he's maybe just a very odd individual.

Trump is not going to win the election. He is going to get slaughtered in the popular vote, and he's going to lose the Electoral College when all of the votes are counted. He's going to lose MI by a landslide. He's going to lose MN by a landslide. He's going to lose PA. He's going to lose NV and all of the states in the NE. He's going to lose AZ. He's probably going to lose FL. I am not an expert on this stuff by any means but this is what I think is going to happen based on my reads. The mid-terms were a big indicator to me that people are going to turn out for this one, because they understand what is at stake and who this guy is.

I hope I'm right.

Man I hope you're right WbH.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2020-09-13, 07:18

Cameron wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
I hope somebody kidnaps Mitch McConnell and keeps him shackled as a basement gimp to be anally raped by rusty dildos for a thousand years.
I think that's what you meant to say.
that would be awesome.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2020-09-13, 07:21

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I'm sick of y'alls Debbie Downerism. kl I think you are influenced by your environment. I have no idea what Bob's excuse is. I think he's maybe just a very odd individual.

I hope I'm right.
The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 15 502811600 The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 15 502811600 The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 15 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on 2020-09-13, 07:53

America is a peculiar country. Why do we vote against things not on the ballot? We label and attach things to people to mask our own insecurities. I guess it just boils down to fear. I don't know. It's nuts.

I found myself searching property in other countries. Pipe dream shit. Like get the fuck out of here. I can get a fixer upper in the Pyrenees reasonable. Lol. I'm sure I'd get killed in taxes.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 28 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum