Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steve (others) I have a challenge for you

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Steve (others) I have a challenge for you - Page 4 Empty Re: Steve (others) I have a challenge for you

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2020-09-15, 11:42

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: I hit the trails at Lake Lansing this morning.. got in about 5 miles or so.

what are your track workouts like? I try to get in one track day/week. I'll typically do a warm up/cool down with some 100 or 200 meter repeats tossed in between. Anywhere from 12 or so 100 meter repeats or maybe 5-6 200 meter repeats. Always do some planks, burpees, etc - if you stay focused,  you can get in a dynamic workout in about 30 minutes.

Today I ran about a half mile warm up then I did two miles on the track on the straights I pushed it hard and ran a fast pace, on the corners I ran at a jogging pace then I did about a mile cool down running on the streets. If you have a good speed workout for someone in their mid forties that's ideal for someone getting back into the swing of things I'm all ears.
 that's a pretty good one. The surge/recover, surge/recover are great ways to boost metabolism, not to mention working that anaerobic exchange stimulating the breakdown of glycogen. At nearly 51 years old, I can only do the really up tempo stuff (as far as running goes) maybe once a week. Last thing I need is some sort of nagging ache. I'll hammer a little bit more on the bike, as it's nowhere near as weight-bearing, while still getting the heart rate up.

I feel like the anaerobic bursts really opens the neural pathways, too, and research supports that.

I typically will do a walking recovery between the 100/200 meter repeats, but the repeats themselves are at about 95% effort.

whatever works, my dude. Steve (others) I have a challenge for you - Page 4 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Steve (others) I have a challenge for you - Page 4 Empty Re: Steve (others) I have a challenge for you

Post by steveschneider on 2020-09-15, 11:52

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Today I ran about a half mile warm up then I did two miles on the track on the straights I pushed it hard and ran a fast pace, on the corners I ran at a jogging pace then I did about a mile cool down running on the streets. If you have a good speed workout for someone in their mid forties that's ideal for someone getting back into the swing of things I'm all ears.
 that's a pretty good one. The surge/recover, surge/recover are great ways to boost metabolism, not to mention working that anaerobic exchange stimulating the breakdown of glycogen. At nearly 51 years old, I can only do the really up tempo stuff (as far as running goes) maybe once a week. Last thing I need is some sort of nagging ache. I'll hammer a little bit more on the bike, as it's nowhere near as weight-bearing, while still getting the heart rate up.

I feel like the anaerobic bursts really opens the neural pathways, too, and research supports that.

I typically will do a walking recovery between the 100/200 meter repeats, but the repeats themselves are at about 95% effort.

whatever works, my dude. Steve (others) I have a challenge for you - Page 4 969504605

Yeah, I'll probably stick with the Fartleks. One thing I'll note is there's more mountains and rolling hills out here. The roads are friggin brutal on my legs because the crowns in the road are more extreme. You can feel it that your right leg will be lower than your left leg while jogging down some of the roads. I'm finding I have to make it to a track or trail more often these days.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron on 2020-09-15, 12:09

Nordic wrote:For one week don't read, watch or click anything news related. This includes news sites, newspapers, local news, cable news, tBin, twitter, facebook, ESPN, etc. Watch some games, take a walk, knock out some pushups, hang with the fam, get some chowda, etc.

I'm worried about your mental health buddy. If an asteroid is heading for the East coast we'll let you know here at tSwill main HQ.

Who's in? 

Steve (others) I have a challenge for you - Page 4 1362440668
Bump for steve.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2020-09-15, 12:20

Cameron wrote:
Nordic wrote:For one week don't read, watch or click anything news related. This includes news sites, newspapers, local news, cable news, tBin, twitter, facebook, ESPN, etc. Watch some games, take a walk, knock out some pushups, hang with the fam, get some chowda, etc.

I'm worried about your mental health buddy. If an asteroid is heading for the East coast we'll let you know here at tSwill main HQ.

Who's in? 

Steve (others) I have a challenge for you - Page 4 1362440668
Bump for steve.

Pantry’s thread didn’t count. Nothing informational in there.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm on 2020-09-15, 12:23

steveschneider wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Good for you Steve. The media is the enemy of the people.

I actually kind of like this shit and just want to ride out the days in my own thoughts and activities. inspired to try to make a speaker cabinet with my wood working tools. Anyone on this board any good at wood working?

My son is really good at it. I usually end up using plenty of caulk to make my projects look good. He must have got it from his grandfathers.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron on 2020-09-15, 12:50

steveschneider wrote:
Cameron wrote:
Bump for steve.

You shouldn't have even been on tBin to see the thread. You still checking twitter, too, and just not posting the tweets here like you usually would?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2020-09-15, 14:19

Cameron wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

You shouldn't have even been on tBin to see the thread. You still checking twitter, too, and just not posting the tweets here like you usually would?

Hey, I have a challenge for you stop being a cop. I know you are stuck in the closet and repressing your desires to be a police officer. Also, even though that thread was in the Bin it contained absolutely no substance. It was like have a non alcoholic beer.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron on 2020-09-15, 15:20

steveschneider wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Hey, I have a challenge for you stop being a cop. I know you are stuck in the closet and repressing your desires to be a police officer. Also, even though that thread was in the Bin it contained absolutely no substance. It was like have a non alcoholic beer.
Like I said, you shouldn't even have been in tBin. You still browsing NYT headlines?

I was hoping to get a week of not seeing your shit in tBin, and then another the first week of October. Stop fucking that up.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

CORNER BLITZ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron on 2020-09-15, 15:21

steveschneider wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Hey, I have a challenge for you stop being a cop. I know you are stuck in the closet and repressing your desires to be a police officer. Also, even though that thread was in the Bin it contained absolutely no substance. It was like have a non alcoholic beer chugging mouthwash.
Fixed it for you.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2020-09-15, 15:55

steveschneider wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Hey, I have a challenge for you stop being a cop. I know you are stuck in the closet and repressing your desires to be a police officer. Also, even though that thread was in the Bin it contained absolutely no substance.
Just like every thread in tBin.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2020-09-15, 16:06

Cameron wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Like I said, you shouldn't even have been in tBin. You still browsing NYT headlines?

I was hoping to get a week of not seeing your shit in tBin, and then another the first week of October. Stop fucking that up.

If you keep this up I'm going to read the front page of the NYT tonight and post in the bin. Is that you want? Keep at it.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2020-09-15, 16:07

The Pantry wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Hey, I have a challenge for you stop being a cop. I know you are stuck in the closet and repressing your desires to be a police officer. Also, even though that thread was in the Bin it contained absolutely no substance.
Just like every thread in tBin.

Stop watching Fox news.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2020-09-15, 16:40

steveschneider wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Just like every thread in tBin.

Stop watching Fox news.
Bite me, mistaken Steve. Not sure why you all think I watch Fox. Very rarely (as in, months go by in between) watch any TV news network. It's all crap. Journalism is no longer journalism...it's just poorly vetted opinion pieces.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2020-09-15, 17:04

The Pantry wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Stop watching Fox news.
Bite me, mistaken Steve. Not sure why you all think I watch Fox. Very rarely (as in, months go by in between) watch any TV news network. It's all crap. Journalism is no longer journalism...it's just poorly vetted opinion pieces.

Excellent. Steve (others) I have a challenge for you - Page 4 969504605
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron on 2020-09-15, 18:14

steveschneider wrote:
Cameron wrote:

If you keep this up I'm going to read the front page of the NYT tonight and post in the bin. Is that you want? Keep at it.
All you would be doing is demonstrating the weakness of your will.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2020-09-15, 19:07

Cameron wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

It would piss you off but I'm staying true to the cause and on point.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan on 2020-09-15, 19:39

Can’t believe there was another school shooter today.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron on 2020-09-15, 20:40

steveschneider wrote:
Cameron wrote:

It would piss you off but I'm staying true to the cause and on point.
We'll get a ruling from Nordic when he gets back as to whether constantly checking tBin and posting a bunch in at least one thread counts as true to the cause and on point.

I gotta say, I don't like your chances.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2020-09-15, 20:56

Motown Spartan wrote:Can’t believe there was another school shooter today.

I’m so looking forward to that 5* LB announcing his choice soon. I really like our chances.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum