Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steve (others) I have a challenge for you

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Steve (others) I have a challenge for you - Page 2 Empty Re: Steve (others) I have a challenge for you

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2020-09-11, 13:06

Jake from State Farm wrote:I dumped facebook about 5 or 6 weeks ago and don't miss it. Supposedly they delete all your info after 30 days but there's no way to find out unless you log back in, which I suppose would start the whole 30 day thing all over again. Somehow I doubt that it's really ever deleted. It's too much fun watching Trump get made a fool of on a daily basis to stay away from the news.
never done the FB thing.. or any other form of 'social media' - I suppose tSwill counts?

tRCMB might, too, until they decided to squash free speech.. can't be hangin' around any place that controls free speech.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Steve (others) I have a challenge for you - Page 2 Empty Re: Steve (others) I have a challenge for you

Post by Rocinante on 2020-09-11, 13:43

Being willfully ignorant isn’t a strategy. Yes, unplug. Yes, remember what’s important and prioritize your actual real world life. But considering how many important things are happening in our country today, like this very day, I think walking away from having that knowledge is irresponsible. And don’t tell me it doesn’t matter, because nothing changes. Because that’s just not true and is the mantra of those who want an excuse for doing nothing.

Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2020-09-11, 13:45

Quit twitter though. Quit that shit today. And Facebook. And youtube etc etc etc
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron on 2020-09-11, 13:59

Rocinante wrote:Being willfully ignorant isn’t a strategy.  Yes, unplug.  Yes, remember what’s important and prioritize your actual real world life.  But considering how many important things are happening in our country today, like this very day, I think walking away from having that knowledge is irresponsible. And don’t tell me it doesn’t matter, because nothing changes.  Because that’s just not true and is the mantra of those who want an excuse for doing nothing.  

Permanently unplugging would be irresponsible, but I feel like taking a brief "vacation" every now and then is probably healthy.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Rocinante and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic on 2020-09-11, 15:05

Cameron wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Being willfully ignorant isn’t a strategy.  Yes, unplug.  Yes, remember what’s important and prioritize your actual real world life.  But considering how many important things are happening in our country today, like this very day, I think walking away from having that knowledge is irresponsible. And don’t tell me it doesn’t matter, because nothing changes.  Because that’s just not true and is the mantra of those who want an excuse for doing nothing.  

Permanently unplugging would be irresponsible, but I feel like taking a brief "vacation" every now and then is probably healthy.

This
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic on 2020-09-11, 15:06

Rocinante wrote:Quit twitter though.  Quit that shit today.  And Facebook. And youtube etc etc etc

Where the fuck am I gonna watch funny cat videos?

Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity on 2020-09-11, 15:37

I'm on my laptop all day sitting in the kitchen. I'm in the same boat as WBH, I have to look around and go to different places. My wife likes to watch the news. Only thing is that we don't have cable, so need to stream everything. Although I could sit with CNN or whatever on all day, I don't, and after about an hour I think it starts repeating on the streaming channels on PlutoTV.
I will admit that I get busy at times so I can fall a day behind or so.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2020-09-11, 15:45

I disagree with the notion that permanently unplugging is irresponsible.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2020-09-11, 15:54

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I disagree with the notion that permanently unplugging is irresponsible.
yep.

I say do what you want.

just because our views of 'healthy' might mean that to us as individuals, doesn't mean it will work for everyone. Of course, if asked, I would provide what I believe to be a positive personal construct, but if someone wants to unplug permanently, cool. Good for them.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on 2020-09-11, 16:03

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I disagree with the notion that permanently unplugging is irresponsible.
yep.

I say do what you want.

just because our views of 'healthy' might mean that to us as individuals, doesn't mean it will work for everyone. Of course, if asked, I would provide what I believe to be a positive personal construct, but if someone wants to unplug permanently, cool. Good for them.

Yeah, Bob, I'm always amazed by the way you unplug and ignore current events and politics, stay away from tBin, etc.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2020-09-11, 16:06

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
yep.

I say do what you want.

Yeah, Bob, I'm always amazed by the way you unplug and ignore current events and politics, stay away from tBin, etc.

Steve (others) I have a challenge for you - Page 2 1f602
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2020-09-11, 16:07

Bob, doesn’t need the news he has natural intuition for this stuff.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic on 2020-09-11, 16:08

Steve you in? I will send a 12-pack or a bottle of your favorite booze to anyone that accepts the challenge.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2020-09-11, 16:30

Nordic wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Hell, no. This is right in my wheelhouse. Fifty-three days until the general and shit is getting good. But I’ll make you a deal: I’ll give you two weeks after 11/3, even more if the current guy is re-elected.

Well I know you have no.will power, so I wasn't gonna ask you  Steve (others) I have a challenge for you - Page 2 2809484752

Steve (others) I have a challenge for you - Page 2 502811600 No willpower is right. Ben & Jerry’s can confirm.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2020-09-11, 16:38

It’s a benefit of your white male privilege to be able to unplug from all that’s happening in our country and world right now. There are a whole lot of Black Americans and other POC who wish they had it so good.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2020-09-11, 17:07

tGreenWay wrote:

It’s a benefit of your white male privilege to be able to unplug from all that’s happening in our country and world right now. There are a whole lot of Black Americans and other POC who wish they had it so good.

I disagree.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2020-09-11, 17:15

The thing is, I don't watch the news, or frequent any of the national news sites. I haven't watched CNN in roughly 18.9 - 19 years. Twitter does bring more aggravation than it should. I really like it for sports stuff but it's too hard to ignore the rest. And I like my Rivals sub because Comp is awesome and there are some great insiders there but it's also very frustrating. Way too much Ddeererreeeerrrrr virus safe, football good! derrrrrrr derrr

I really should just work on getting rid of Twitter.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2020-09-11, 17:19

Nordic wrote:Steve you in? I will send a 12-pack or a bottle of your favorite booze to anyone that accepts the challenge.

I don't know if I could avoid PBS News Hour. What about shows like Real Time with a political panel? I think I might be hopeless.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2020-09-11, 17:21

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:The thing is, I don't watch the news, or frequent any of the national news sites. I haven't watched CNN in roughly 18.9 - 19 years. Twitter does bring more aggravation than it should. I really like it for sports stuff but it's too hard to ignore the rest. And I like my Rivals sub because Comp is awesome and there are some great insiders there but it's also very frustrating. Way too much Ddeererreeeerrrrr virus safe, football good! derrrrrrr derrr

I really should just work on getting rid of Twitter.

Maybe I should just delete everyone on Twitter except for Rex Chapman.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ on 2020-09-11, 17:49

steveschneider wrote:
Nordic wrote:Steve you in? I will send a 12-pack or a bottle of your favorite booze to anyone that accepts the challenge.

I don't know if I could avoid PBS News Hour. What about shows like Real Time with a political panel? I think I might be hopeless.

You got one thing right there Steve, I suppose that's improvement

CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2020-09-11, 18:05

Wait a minute. I didn’t see the thing about the booze. I’m in.

Lay down the ground rules. Can I come on here?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2020-09-11, 18:06

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I disagree.

I’m not surprised.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic on 2020-09-11, 18:38

tGreenWay wrote:

tGreenway, we've already established that you are not allowed in the challenge. You are not allowed to not watch the news. You can not participate in this. This is final. I won't change my mind.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic on 2020-09-11, 18:49

steveschneider wrote:

PBS news is probably fine. Probably a good resource to find out San Francisco is looking like Mars. But that is like giving an alcoholic one beer. Cold turkey. One week. Come on. Let's do it.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

CORNER BLITZ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron on 2020-09-11, 18:53

Nordic wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

PBS news is probably fine. Probably a good resource to find out San Francisco is looking like Mars. But that is like giving an alcoholic one beer. Cold turkey. One week. Come on. Let's do it.
What's the social media equivalent of chugging mouthwash? Whatever it is, that will be steve by day 3.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2020-09-11, 18:57

😂
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2020-09-11, 18:59

CORNER BLITZ wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

You got one thing right there Steve, I suppose that's improvement

Ouch.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

CORNER BLITZ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2020-09-11, 19:00

Cameron wrote:
Nordic wrote:

What's the social media equivalent of chugging mouthwash? Whatever it is, that will be steve by day 3.

Dude, I have a very strong will.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2020-09-11, 19:02

Talk about 'mouthwash' remember when Cameron was banned for a week because of the bet he lost and he showed up like 4 hours later to rip me a new one? That was a mouthwash moment.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2020-09-11, 19:06

Nordic wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

tGreenway, we've already established that you are not allowed in the challenge. You are not allowed to not watch the news. You can not participate in this. This is final. I won't change my mind.

What an elitist comment. Are you posting from poolside at one of your country clubs?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2020-09-11, 19:09

steveschneider wrote:Talk about 'mouthwash' remember when Cameron was banned for a week because of the bet he lost and he showed up like 4 hours later to rip me a new one? That was a mouthwash moment.

Chew on this, Steve:
If you turn over the “w” in mouthwash, then add an “s” in front of it, then move that newly created word in front of the original word, you change mouthwash to smashmouth.
I know... crazy, right?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2020-09-11, 19:09

I'm in. I scheduled a vacation day next Thurs and Friday so I'll be out golfing. This should be a cake walk. I will watch Bill Maher though genre Comedy show.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2020-09-11, 19:10

tGreenWay wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Talk about 'mouthwash' remember when Cameron was banned for a week because of the bet he lost and he showed up like 4 hours later to rip me a new one? That was a mouthwash moment.

Chew on this, Steve:
If you turn over the “w” in mouthwash, then add an “s” in front of it, then move that newly created word in front of the original word, you change mouthwash to smashmouth.
I know... crazy, right?

I should make you poster of the week for that one. That's pretty good.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2020-09-11, 19:11

steveschneider wrote:I'm in. I scheduled a vacation day next Thurs and Friday so I'll be out golfing. This should be a cake walk. I will watch Bill Maher though genre Comedy show.

By agreeing, it means you can’t check the weather forecast before golfing on those days. Hope you don’t get wet.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2020-09-11, 19:12

steveschneider wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Chew on this, Steve:
I know... crazy, right?

I should make you poster of the week for that one. That's pretty good.

Sounds good to me. And feel free to use it with Mrs. Steve during your week of crickets.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron on 2020-09-11, 19:13

steveschneider wrote:I'm in. I scheduled a vacation day next Thurs and Friday so I'll be out golfing. This should be a cake walk. I will watch Bill Maher though genre Comedy show.
And we have an answer: Bill Maher is the "chugging mouthwash" of news/social media.

Shows what I know, my money was on LinkedIn.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron on 2020-09-11, 19:14

I'm a bit hazy on this, refresh my memory.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2020-09-11, 19:47

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
yep.

I say do what you want.

thanks, man. Steve (others) I have a challenge for you - Page 2 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2020-09-11, 19:48

steveschneider wrote:Bob, doesn’t need the news he has natural intuition for this stuff.
exactly... if you understand the human condition like I do, you don't need some bleach blonde to tell you what the 'news' is that the knuckle-draggin' beef stix eatin' American public consumes.

you're a great American.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2020-09-11, 19:54

What's going on in the world? I wouldn't know because I haven't seen shit.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum