Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TURN - New AMC show on American Revolution

Go down

TURN - New AMC show on American Revolution Empty TURN - New AMC show on American Revolution

Post by MiamiSpartan on 22/04/14, 01:01 pm

Anyone been watching this? I'm really enjoying it so far. It's promoted as a story about "America's first spy ring", and is about a guy living in British-controlled long Island during the Revolution and working with friends that are siding with the Rebels.

I wonder if Trevor is boycotting that show due to his love of the crown and the fact that it will likely continue to be pro-Revolution? Kind of interesting to think of the parallels between this site and the American Revolution, considering Trevor's loyalist stance. 247 is like the British Empire, and after years of granting tRCMB little or no representation, the people have struck out on their own. Trevor, as Lord Governor of tRCMB Colony probably wants to appease the people, but knows which side his bread is buttered on.

MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

TURN - New AMC show on American Revolution Empty Re: TURN - New AMC show on American Revolution

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 22/04/14, 01:03 pm

I haven't watched it yet, sounds interesting though. Mini-series? Is it on-demand? What time?
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

TURN - New AMC show on American Revolution Empty Re: TURN - New AMC show on American Revolution

Post by Floyd Robertson on 22/04/14, 01:06 pm

I was waiting until I had the first 3-4 episodes DVRed to binge-watch and see if I liked it. I guess I'll be doing that next weekend.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on 22/04/14, 01:26 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I haven't watched it yet, sounds interesting though. Mini-series? Is it on-demand? What time?
I think it's a regular season (probably 10-12 episodes as is usually the case on cable), though whether or not it continues will depend on ratings. It's on Sundays at 9pm. Yeah, a million other things on Sunday nights, but of course they repeat it if you want to DVR it and it is On Demand.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim on 22/04/14, 01:28 pm

Strange to make a series about such a minor and insignificant conflict.
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ned Stark on 22/04/14, 01:35 pm

Cym Jim wrote:Strange to make a series about such a minor and insignificant conflict.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2130168/George-Washington-voted-Britains-greatest-enemy-commander.html

There is no denying George Washington went balls deep in Britain's ass. 'Murica

Ned Stark
Ned Stark
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 22/04/14, 01:39 pm

Ned Stark wrote:
Cym Jim wrote:Strange to make a series about such a minor and insignificant conflict.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2130168/George-Washington-voted-Britains-greatest-enemy-commander.html

I was just reading some stuff about him being more lucky than good... I'll see if I can find it.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ned Stark on 22/04/14, 01:40 pm

Rocinante wrote:
Ned Stark wrote:

I was just reading some stuff about him being more lucky than good... I'll see if I can find it.

Commie!!!!
Ned Stark
Ned Stark
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 22/04/14, 01:42 pm

Ned Stark wrote:
Rocinante wrote:
Ned Stark wrote:

Commie!!!!

I didn't write it!!
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by JEK on 22/04/14, 01:44 pm

Rocinante wrote:I was just reading some stuff about him being more lucky than good... I'll see if I can find it.

Well if you read it on the internet it must be true.
JEK
JEK
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 22/04/14, 01:47 pm

JEK wrote:
Rocinante wrote:I was just reading some stuff about him being more lucky than good... I'll see if I can find it.

Well if you read it on the internet it must be true.

What's the difference between your mother and a mallard with a cold?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty on 22/04/14, 01:50 pm

Rest assured, Trevor is watching so he can write diatribes on all the falsehoods. Like the colonists winning......
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim on 22/04/14, 02:23 pm

Ned Stark wrote:

Shame he died before getting to see us burn down the White House  TURN - New AMC show on American Revolution 4198636888 
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty on 22/04/14, 02:25 pm

Cym Jim wrote:
Ned Stark wrote:

Shame he died before getting to see us burn down the White House  TURN - New AMC show on American Revolution 4198636888 

Yep, and before we kicked your butts for a second time.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on 22/04/14, 02:26 pm

Those colonies will never amount to anything on their own.

Sincerely,

Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Grandfather Cym Jim
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum