Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is shooting a goddamn unarmed black kid legal?

+30
kingstonlake
StylesGShmooth
Rocinante
Fallenangle
msugolfguy
Herbie Green
Green Note
SBSpartan
Cameron
Ted Brogan
DWags
Cym Jim
CheesySpartan
Turtleneck
xsanguine
Stugots
Toe
Heat Miser
beal99
Cosmo_Kramer
InTenSity
Rodeo Burger
Hut1hut2
AvgMSUJoe
tTito
I.B. Fine
The_Dude
Robert J Sakimano
Travis of the Cosmos
Jake from State Farm
34 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Is shooting a goddamn unarmed black kid legal? - Page 8 Empty Re: Is shooting a goddamn unarmed black kid legal?

Post by The_Dude 2014-11-25, 13:03

Rocinante wrote:Welp. This question has been answered. It's legal to shoot an unarmed black kid.

Awesome! After work Im going down to Detroit with my guns blazing and gunning down any unarmed black person I see! Great day for Murica!! Is shooting a goddamn unarmed black kid legal? - Page 8 3493939353
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Is shooting a goddamn unarmed black kid legal? - Page 8 Empty Re: Is shooting a goddamn unarmed black kid legal?

Post by StylesGShmooth 2014-11-25, 14:34

xsanguine wrote:

Yes, yes it is. And it should be.

Fuck yeah, if a kid is unarmed and assaulting you from over 130 feet away then you should definitely shoot him because that fucker's not human.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2014-11-26, 15:09

This is much more troubling than Ferguson, I understand the police hear 'guy with a gun' and the adrenaline is pumping, but for some reason I would hope they would assess the situation for more than 1.5 seconds prior to pulling the trigger, but I'm not the one facing a potential shooter.
Also not sure what the kid was doing with the toy gun, made to look like a real gun, accosting people in the park
Hopefully cops and parents learn from tragedies like this.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2014/11/cleveland_police_officer_shot_1.html#incart_big-photo
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 2014-11-26, 21:13

I.B. Fine wrote:This is much more troubling than Ferguson, I understand the police hear 'guy with a gun' and the adrenaline is pumping, but for some reason I would hope they would assess the situation for more than 1.5 seconds prior to pulling the trigger, but I'm not the one facing a potential shooter.
Also not sure what the kid was doing with the toy gun, made to look like a real gun, accosting people in the park
Hopefully cops and parents learn from tragedies like this.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2014/11/cleveland_police_officer_shot_1.html#incart_big-photo

If the kid truly pulled the toy and pointed it at the cop then this is just an awful tragedy but you can kind of understand the cop defending himself. They say there's video that shows what happens. Guess we'll find out. You would hope that an officer would be brave enough to take a breath to see that it's a child but I guess he's not required to. I guess the question to be asked is if it was a white kid in the suburbs ****ing around with a toy gun in the park would the caller ever have even felt the need to call 911 and if so would the cops have been so quick to shoot. Fact of the matter is the narrative has been written, black people are violent animals, so cops are much quicker to pull their guns out of fear. That's why guys with toy guns in department stores and guys reaching for their ID's get shot while whacko's carry weapons around Texas without the police batting an eye or crazy dudes taunt the police while wielding an assault rifle but get given the benefit of the doubt and ends with him being sat down and talked too. Hell, by the time I was 19 I had already had cops draw down on me twice.

What I'm wondering more about is how these Handcuff Suicides haven't become a national story. That shit is fucked up.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2014-11-27, 00:27

Double post.

Last edited by xsanguine on 2014-11-27, 00:57; edited 1 time in total
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2014-11-27, 00:27

StylesGShmooth wrote:Fact of the matter is the narrative has been written, black people are violent animals, so cops are much quicker to pull their guns out of fear.

"Violent animals"... lol, oh here we go...

lol... the "narrative"...

By "the narrative" you don't happen to mean "statistics", i.e. data, facts, etc.... with a relatively consistent correlation, nationwide, by different jurisdictions all headed by different people of different races, cultures and backgrounds...? Yeah...? Do you mean that whole "narrative"...?

StylesGShmooth wrote:Fuck yeah, if a kid is unarmed (but having already assaulted the officer and trying to take the officer's gun [for what reason, probably just to tickle him with it, amirite?]) and assaulting (you probably meant charging... since those are the facts released from the grand jury... no chance you're purposely twisting words to fit a....*heh* "narrative") you from over 130 feet away then you should definitely shoot him because that fucker's not human.

Ahh, see... now there is something worthy of the description "narrative", in quotations.

But not human.....? People come from far greater distances to assault someone than just 130 feet. Go ahead, don't take my word for it... look it up. Deciding to assault someone from 130 feet away isn't a decision only "super humans" make. 130 feet, heh... did that seem like some sort of slam dunk counter point when you were scouring for any piece of info that might quite possibly qualify to try to fit whatever story MSNBC sold you months ago?

StylesGShmooth wrote:
Hell, by the time I was 19 I had already had cops draw down on me twice.

Well.... you're assessment of the grand jury investigation makes a lot more sense now.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2014-11-27, 01:01

StylesGShmooth wrote:

The first thing I assume is that this picture of Joda Cain and his friend in Oregon have nothing to do with Mike Brown and his friend in Missouri.  

Honsest mistake though, they all do look alike.    

You're a funny guy.

Here.... here's your benevolent martyr;

His mother must be proud.

And we know how his step dad feels, urging his supporters to protest peacefully...

xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-05-19, 12:13

I didn’t find anything on Ahmaud Arbery so I’ll just bring this classic back from the dead.

Living while black in America: a crime.

“You’re bothering me for nothing,” Arbery said to Kanago, according to body camera footage. After Kanago told him he was looking for criminal activity, Arbery said “criminal activity? I’m in a fucking park. I work.”

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/may/18/ahmaud-arbery-police-taser-2017-georgia
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-05-19, 12:32

Rocinante wrote:I didn’t find anything on Ahmaud Arbery so I’ll just bring this classic back from the dead.  

“You’re bothering me for nothing,” Arbery said to Kanago, according to body camera footage. After Kanago told him he was looking for criminal activity, Arbery said “criminal activity? I’m in a fucking park. I work.”

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/may/18/ahmaud-arbery-police-taser-2017-georgia

Sounds like a model police department. Nothing to see here...
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-05-19, 12:35

Rocinante wrote:I didn’t find anything on Ahmaud Arbery so I’ll just bring this classic back from the dead.

yep.

used to, this was a wild fringe movement - the folks who were okay with the shooting of an unarmed black person. They were universally reviled.

Now, they have one of their own in the White House it's not only mainstream, but it's celebrated. Sickening.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-05-19, 12:37

scanning back through this thread, I am thankful that the racists that used to be here were kind enough to show themselves to the door.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-05-19, 13:24

I’m gonna go out on a limb here and predict hung jury
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-05-19, 13:45

It's hard to tell who was the Goose Guest and who was the 265 Guest. Is it ok if I put them all in a deplorable basket?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-05-19, 14:18

kingstonlake wrote:I’m gonna go out on a limb here and predict hung jury

Sadly, I think you’re probably right.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-05-19, 22:36

This thread is really something. People just making things up to justify in their heads the deaths of young black men, or saying whatever racist bullshit comes to mind. Terrible.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-05-21, 18:25

Man who recorded Ahmaud Arbery's shooting death on video arrested, charged with murder
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-05-26, 10:15

There's a new one out. I didn't want to watch it, but I did. Is shooting a goddamn unarmed black kid legal? - Page 8 1401550746

I want to like rush in and if the guy draws his gun, at least he gets off of the dude. But I'm white so maybe I'm not as scared of getting shot. I'm pissed at his stupid fucking partner. I'm pissed at the EMT. Fuck.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/05/26/minneapolis-police-department-brutality-african-american-man-dies-blocked-airway/
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-05-26, 10:38

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:There's a new one out. I didn't want to watch it, but I did. Is shooting a goddamn unarmed black kid legal? - Page 8 1401550746

I want to like rush in and if the guy draws his gun, at least he gets off of the dude. But I'm white so maybe I'm not as scared of getting shot. I'm pissed at his stupid fucking partner. I'm pissed at the EMT. Fuck.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/05/26/minneapolis-police-department-brutality-african-american-man-dies-blocked-airway/

I've had to come to grips with the fact this country is far more racist than I could have ever imagined. I even have my doubts those two murderers in Georgia even get charged for gunning down that jogger in the middle of the day.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-05-26, 12:15

I'm old enough to remember when a white guy walked into the Capitol with an assault rifle screaming at the police.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2020-05-26, 12:19

steveschneider wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:There's a new one out. I didn't want to watch it, but I did. Is shooting a goddamn unarmed black kid legal? - Page 8 1401550746

I've had to come to grips with the fact this country is far more racist than I could have ever imagined. I even have my doubts those two murderers in Georgia even get charged for gunning down that jogger in the middle of the day.

They’ve already been charged.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-05-26, 12:36

Bet these cops in Minneapolis are on the short list as keynote speakers for the Republican National Convention this summer.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-05-26, 12:50

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'm old enough to remember when a white guy walked into the Capitol with an assault rifle screaming at the police.

America is a screwed up country, Bob.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-05-26, 12:52

Although I believe it was a Minneapolis police officer who was found guilty of murder last year for shooting an unarmed woman. Oh, yeah, that was a black police officer and the woman was white.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-05-26, 12:56

Turtleneck wrote:Although I believe it was a Minneapolis police officer who was found guilty of murder last year for shooting an unarmed woman. Oh, yeah, that was a black police officer and the woman was white.
America is a racist country.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-05-26, 12:58

Look up the Breonna Taylor incident if you want to mourn for America some more. At least her boyfriend was released.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-05-26, 13:15

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

They’ve already been charged.

Whoops I meant convicted.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-05-26, 13:16

Rocinante wrote:Look up the Breonna Taylor incident if you want to mourn for America some more. At least her boyfriend was released.

I wish he had taken out one or two of those piggies, but then he'd definitely still be locked up. No knock warrants are fucked.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-05-26, 13:36

Yeah. The most fucked up thing is it was the wrong house and they were plain clothes.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-05-26, 16:25

Four cops fired.

https://www.startribune.com/four-minneapolis-police-officers-fired-after-man-dies-video-shows-officer-kneeling-on-neck/570763352/
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-05-26, 16:55

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Four cops fired.

https://www.startribune.com/four-minneapolis-police-officers-fired-after-man-dies-video-shows-officer-kneeling-on-neck/570763352/
good start.

Get back to me when they're in prison.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-05-27, 08:02

[tw]1265457390192820226?s=21[/tw]
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-05-27, 17:50

Social media so probably a 3% chance it’s true.

Is shooting a goddamn unarmed black kid legal? - Page 8 4281e910
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-05-27, 18:58

kingstonlake wrote:Social media so probably a 3% chance it’s true.

Is shooting a goddamn unarmed black kid legal? - Page 8 4281e910

Is this true? Has it been verified?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-05-27, 19:09

It is untrue. Also the picture that was circulating earlier of the guy wearing a "Make Whites Great Again" hat that looks like him, is not him either.

https://www.fox9.com/news/photo-of-officer-on-stage-at-minneapolis-trump-rally-not-officer-involved-in-george-floyds-death

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/make-whites-great-again-hat/
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-05-27, 19:31

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:It is untrue. Also the picture that was circulating earlier of the guy wearing a "Make Whites Great Again" hat that looks like him, is not him either.

https://www.fox9.com/news/photo-of-officer-on-stage-at-minneapolis-trump-rally-not-officer-involved-in-george-floyds-death

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/make-whites-great-again-hat/

Thanks WBH.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-06-05, 06:55

Sounds like half of Glynn county Georgia law enforcement might get swept out the door. Supposedly Aubreys lawyer spoke to federal prosecutor and they may have a strong case on cover up and institutional racism within the county.

Not that it’s a surprise to anyone with an open mind.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8