Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No matter how you feel about Hondo -

+10
beal99
Herbie Green
WhiteBoyHatcher
HT
Snake Plissken
SpartanInNH
DWags
The Pantry
pulling69
Turtleneck
14 posters

Go down

No matter how you feel about Hondo - Empty No matter how you feel about Hondo -

Post by Guest 2014-12-25, 12:18

- this is extremely unfortunate. Thoughts go out to him and his son.

Tomboy Chick ‏@TomboyChick 40m40 minutes ago
Please say a prayer for @HondoCarpenter & his son who were in a terrible car accident Christmas Eve. @MSU_Football #SpartanNation #Spartans
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

No matter how you feel about Hondo - Empty Re: No matter how you feel about Hondo -

Post by Turtleneck 2014-12-25, 13:02

Will do. All the best to Hondo and his family.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

No matter how you feel about Hondo - Empty Re: No matter how you feel about Hondo -

Post by pulling69 2014-12-25, 13:39

Turns out he is fine. Go back to hating on him, TIA.
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2014-12-25, 13:43

How is his kid?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-12-25, 14:50

Best to him and his son.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2014-12-25, 21:11

Jesus. Hope things are okay.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2014-12-25, 21:21

The Pantry wrote:How is his kid?
He tweeted this 8 hours ago:

Thanks for Tweets of concern about last night's car accident. Vehicle totaled, but all will be fine. Great gift on Christmas. Thank U
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2014-12-25, 21:31

I don't get why people hate on him. Yeah, his site is terrible in terms of grammar and he's a total fanboy masquerading as a journalist, but he does provide some interesting tidbits and seems like an okay guy.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-12-25, 22:16

SpartanHT wrote:I don't get why people hate on him. Yeah, his site is terrible in terms of grammar and he's a total fanboy masquerading as a journalist, but he does provide some interesting tidbits and seems like an okay guy.

Glad he's ok and have no vitriol towards him.

That said I had to unfollow him during football season. His self-aggrandizing just got to be too much to bear.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-12-25, 22:17

Snake Plissken wrote:He tweeted this 8 hours ago:

Thanks for Tweets of concern about last night's car accident. Vehicle totaled, but all will be fine. Great gift on Christmas. Thank U

Solid. Thanks Snake
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2014-12-25, 22:27

SpartanHT wrote:I don't get why people hate on him. Yeah, his site is terrible in terms of grammar and he's a total fanboy masquerading as a journalist, but he does provide some interesting tidbits and seems like an okay guy.

He is a complete embarrassment. That said I don't want him or his kid to die or anything so I hope they are ok
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by beal99 2014-12-25, 22:36

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

Glad he's ok and have no vitriol towards him.

That said I had to unfollow him during football season. His self-aggrandizing just got to be too much to bear.

Still better than huge
beal99
beal99
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-12-25, 22:39

beal99 wrote:

Still better than huge

Luckily he is not broadcast in the Detroit market so my only exposure to him has been through what people post on message boards. Sounds like he's stuck in a small market for a reason from what I hear.

The Hondo shit was hilariously over the top, though. It wasn't just the "If you want me on your radio/tv show, you better book me now because spots are filling up" tweets. Dude live tweets events and just drops nuggets in there to make it known that he's there and you're not. It was comically obvious at times. I got fed up with it eventually.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2014-12-25, 23:04

Because he's an idiot No matter how you feel about Hondo - 2599972566
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2014-12-25, 23:26

Does anyone have any idea how he got into his position in the first place? He seems pretty well-connected for just a random independent "journalist."
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2014-12-26, 00:06

SpartanHT wrote:Does anyone have any idea how he got into his position in the first place? He seems pretty well-connected for just a random independent "journalist."

I thought I read somewhere he paid for it. I remember he was an average idiot poster on the rcmb and then the next thing I know he has a tv show. I watched it for a few minutes years ago and it was like the Chris Farley show. Since then I have heard him get the first question in a press conference and he has supposedly become a connected MSU media source.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2014-12-26, 00:29

Hondo stole the name 'Spartan Tailgate' for a broadcast he was doing from Small Planet in 2009...Western Michigan game. I was sorta new to tRCMB at the time and it pissed me off. PM'd Trevor & Mel the same day to let them know...they seemed pretty pissed too. Unfortunately, all PM records from the old RCMB are gone.

Emailed Hondo and he denied culpability:

spartannationmail@yahoo.com Nov 7, 2009
To
me
That is fine I didn't do it. That wasn't my call.
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone with Nextel Direct Connect
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2009 10:49:28 -0800 (PST)
To: <spartannationmail@yahoo.com>
Subject: Spartan Tailgate Live From Small Planet

Hey Hondo,

Pretty lame of you to jack the SpartanTailgate name for your show. I will not be visiting your website again.

______

Hondo is zero added value.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 2014-12-27, 20:40

He's no Dan Kilbridge, that's for sure.
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2014-12-28, 02:25

Cym Jim wrote:He's no Dan Kilbridge, that's for sure.

Lawl, neckbeard is a douchebag
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-12-28, 02:56

The Pantry wrote:Hondo stole the name 'Spartan Tailgate' for a broadcast he was doing from Small Planet in 2009...Western Michigan game. I was sorta new to tRCMB at the time and it pissed me off. PM'd Trevor & Mel the same day to let them know...they seemed pretty pissed too. Unfortunately, all PM records from the old RCMB are gone.

Emailed Hondo and he denied culpability:

spartannationmail@yahoo.com Nov 7, 2009
To
me
That is fine I didn't do it. That wasn't my call.
Sent from my BlackBerry®️ smartphone with Nextel Direct Connect
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2009 10:49:28 -0800 (PST)
To: <spartannationmail@yahoo.com>
Subject: Spartan Tailgate Live From Small Planet

Hey Hondo,

Pretty lame of you to jack the SpartanTailgate name for your show. I will not be visiting your website again.

______

Hondo is zero added value.

I remember that shit No matter how you feel about Hondo - 502811600 I was on the net too young shit
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down