Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally saw The Godfather part I and II this weekend

+11
Watch Out Pylon!
JackTalkThai
SpartanInNH
The Lonely Stoner
J T
NigelUno
Bizarro Fletch
The_Dude
Bud Fox
WhiteBoyHatcher
DWags
15 posters

Go down

Finally saw The Godfather part I and II this weekend  Empty Finally saw The Godfather part I and II this weekend

Post by The_Dude 2014-05-01, 21:26

In in my late 20s and have never seen it before. I will say there are random references I get now.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Finally saw The Godfather part I and II this weekend  Empty Re: Finally saw The Godfather part I and II this weekend

Post by DWags 2014-05-01, 21:28

The f uck is wrong with you? Just now watching two of the best ever?

Blazing saddles yet?

Citizen Cain?

Airplane ?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Finally saw The Godfather part I and II this weekend  Empty Re: Finally saw The Godfather part I and II this weekend

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-05-01, 21:31

I would admonish you, but I was the same way. Perhaps not late 20's, but mid.

In my mid 20's I worked in the Ford Design Studio as a project manager. I worked as the right hand man for a chief designer who was this hard core old school Italian dude. Probably born in Italy, but not really sure. He was astounded that I had never seen it. On one of the days before Christmas when work was light, he brought in the DVD or VHS (I don't remember, this was early-mid 00's) and a bunch of us hunkered down in the design room theater and watched Part I. CSB. Pretty cool way to be initiated to the trilogy.

Oh, and I've watched I and II about 30x each since. I have never even attempted to watch III again after not being able to get through it the first time. That's how bad it was.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bud Fox 2014-05-01, 21:32

DWags wrote:The f uck is wrong with you? Just now watching two of the best ever?

Blazing saddles yet?

Citizen Cain?

Airplane ?

Surely he can't be serious.
Bud Fox
Bud Fox
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2014-05-01, 21:33

DWags wrote:The f uck is wrong with you? Just now watching two of the best ever?

Blazing saddles yet?

Citizen Cain?

Airplane ?

That's the thing. I love classic movies and have seen all those you listed. For some reason never saw it.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch 2014-05-01, 21:48

Your parents failed you.
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-05-01, 23:10

The_Dude wrote:In in my late 20s and have never seen it before. I will say there are random references I get now.

Now you know why we call you Fredo.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by J T 2014-05-01, 23:25

The_Dude wrote:In in my late 20s and have never seen it before. I will say there are random references I get now.

Haven't seen either.  Nor have I ever seen Animal House.  And for that matter, I haven't even seen The Big Lebowski.

You may now commence with this face:   affraid 

Finally saw The Godfather part I and II this weekend  502811600
J T
J T
Spartiate

http://www.planomatic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lonely Stoner 2014-05-02, 02:19

Bud Fox wrote:

Surely he can't be serious.

He is serious..and don't call him Shirley.
The Lonely Stoner
The Lonely Stoner
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2014-05-02, 04:34

J T wrote:
Haven't seen either.  Nor have I ever seen Animal House.  And for that matter, I haven't even seen The Big Lebowski.

affraid
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by JackTalkThai 2014-05-02, 09:44

DWags wrote:The f uck is wrong with you?  Just now watching two of the best ever?  

Blazing saddles yet?

Citizen Cain?  

Airplane ?  

Of those three, I've only seen airplane? On a scale of 1 to 10, how much am I missing out on?

Oh and the guy in my pro pic, that is the TRUE Godfather! of Izzo basketball. Finally saw The Godfather part I and II this weekend  992749028 
JackTalkThai
JackTalkThai
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2014-05-02, 09:53

I'll admit to never seeing Citizen Cain. Everything else mentioned here is must watch.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-05-02, 09:56

The_Dude wrote:

That's the thing. I love classic movies and have seen all those you listed. For some reason never saw it.

It's been said, but once you've watched it, you'll watch it again and again. Worse thing that happens to me is at night if I'm ready to go to bed and I do one last channel surf, and I see that, Shit, I'm up till it's over. Both are great movies. GFIII, don't bother.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-05-02, 09:57

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I'll admit to never seeing Citizen Cain. Everything else mentioned here is must watch.

Rosebud..............

We should get Andy H to dub in the words "Rosebowl" as Orsen Wells is saying Rosebud at the end, and then show highlights of the Rosebowl.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Masturbating Bear 2014-05-02, 10:02

If you've seen the episode of The Simpsons in which Mr. Burns looks for his bear Bobo then there is no need to sit through Citizen Kane
Masturbating Bear
Masturbating Bear
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by I Still Hate Weber State 2014-05-02, 10:07

J T wrote:

Holy shit. They are classics. I actually had my DVD box set stolen from our house at MSU when we had a party.

Animal House, along with with Caddyshack, was a movie that my friends and I would get my dad to rent us when we were in like 7th-8th grade so we could see boobs while laughing our asses off.
I Still Hate Weber State
I Still Hate Weber State
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo_Kramer 2014-05-02, 10:39

Goodfellas > Godfather
Cosmo_Kramer
Cosmo_Kramer
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-05-09, 14:10

Robert Di Niro, a father again at the age of 79
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-05-09, 14:17

DWags wrote:Robert Di Niro, a father again at the age of 79

Dude loves the brown ladies!
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down