Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Government Run Monopoly Loses $1.9 Billion In Three Months

+7
GTA Spartan
Jaheab
GRR Spartan
steveschneider
I.B. Fine
Rocinante
bullwrinkle
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Government Run Monopoly Loses $1.9 Billion In Three Months - Page 2 Empty Re: Government Run Monopoly Loses $1.9 Billion In Three Months

Post by bullwrinkle 2014-05-12, 22:12

GRR Spartan wrote:

USPS is a hybrid.  Congress has final say including what offices to close and how the USPS funds their pensions but fools like trollwrinkle see the headline links on Drudge and run with it.  He's been doing it for more than a decade.

You two need to work this out, because one of you is wrong, and shockingly for once it's not GRR. Government Run Monopoly Loses $1.9 Billion In Three Months - Page 2 1966794946 
bullwrinkle
bullwrinkle
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Government Run Monopoly Loses $1.9 Billion In Three Months - Page 2 Empty Re: Government Run Monopoly Loses $1.9 Billion In Three Months

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2014-05-13, 00:51

bullwrinkle wrote:

Sorry clown - it was your "reasoning" that decided to compare corporations with competitors to government monopolies that have none. It's bad enough you were ignorant enough to bring it up, but don't pin that "reasoning" on anyone else but you. For every company that loses money, how many are profitable? Even your example of HP is laughably wrong. If you had bought stock in HP in 1980, you would today have a profit of 1600% on that investment. Quite the loss there, Pervis. Government Run Monopoly Loses $1.9 Billion In Three Months - Page 2 1966794946 

So, why don't you enlighten us on a government run monopoly that is profitable. We look forward to your learned response.

I stand by my mockery, regardless of your usual bluster. I used your own dubious reasoning to ridicule you, and I don't care if it upsets you.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2014-05-13, 00:55

Pervis Muldoon wrote:

I stand by my mockery, regardless of your usual bluster.  I used your own dubious reasoning to ridicule you, and I don't care if it upsets you.

Who can forget Bully's outrage about the overthrow of Libya. He lost his favorite despot.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Fallenangle 2014-05-13, 01:10

bullwrinkle wrote:

Of course it doesn't.    Government Run Monopoly Loses $1.9 Billion In Three Months - Page 2 1966794946  Congressional Oversight Of USPS   Government Run Monopoly Loses $1.9 Billion In Three Months - Page 2 1966794946
Another indicator of the awesome business prowess of our govt

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/11/14/amtrak-loses-72m-while-free-booze-flows/
Fallenangle
Fallenangle
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by bullwrinkle 2014-05-13, 01:23

Pervis Muldoon wrote:

I stand by my mockery, regardless of your usual bluster.  I used your own dubious reasoning to ridicule you, and I don't care if it upsets you.

The "dubious reasoning" was purely yours. Now, stop ducking and provide that example of a profitable federally run monopoly.
bullwrinkle
bullwrinkle
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2014-05-13, 08:44

bullwrinkle wrote:

The "dubious reasoning" was purely yours. Now, stop ducking and provide that example of a profitable federally run monopoly.

More dubious Bullwrinkle reasoning: the government shouldn't provide a service unless it makes a profit from it. Bye-bye, Department of Defense!

Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by bullwrinkle 2014-05-13, 12:10

Pervis Muldoon wrote:

More dubious Bullwrinkle reasoning: the government shouldn't provide a service unless it makes a profit from it.  Bye-bye, Department of  Defense!

So your example to support your position that single payer health care would be efficiently run by the government, is the DOD - probably the most wasteful govt run enterprise ever.  Just when I thought this thread couldn't get any better, and you couldn't get any dumber, you outdo yourself.  Good work lad!   Government Run Monopoly Loses $1.9 Billion In Three Months - Page 2 1966794946
bullwrinkle
bullwrinkle
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2014-05-13, 13:13

bullwrinkle wrote:

So your example to support your position that single payer health care would be efficiently run by the government, is the DOD - probably the most wasteful govt run enterprise ever.  Just when I thought this thread couldn't get any better, and you couldn't get any dumber, you outdo yourself.  Good work lad!   Government Run Monopoly Loses $1.9 Billion In Three Months - Page 2 1966794946

So should we eliminate the Department of Defense immediately, or give everyone a couple of weeks to clean out their desks?
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by bullwrinkle 2014-05-13, 14:08

Pervis Muldoon wrote:

So should we eliminate the Department of Defense immediately, or give everyone a couple of weeks to clean out their desks?

Nope never said that, never said we should eliminate the USPS, never said we should eliminate government monopolies. I just pointed out the inconvenient truth of how they perform. You make your own judgement as to whether they should be eliminated. You know Pervis, if you spent more time thinking, and less time trying to guess what other people think, you might not appear to be such a dumbass.
bullwrinkle
bullwrinkle
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2014-05-13, 15:39

bullwrinkle wrote:

Nope never said that, never said we should eliminate the USPS, never said we should eliminate government monopolies. I just pointed out the inconvenient truth of how they perform. You make your own judgement as to whether they should be eliminated. You know Pervis, if you spent more time thinking, and less time trying to guess what other people think, you might not appear to be such a dumbass.

Oh. So it's not necessary for government programs to turn a profit, and the USPS provides no indication of the effectiveness of single-payer health care. Once again, you have no point. Great thread, buddy!
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by bullwrinkle 2014-05-13, 16:32

Pervis Muldoon wrote:

Oh.  So it's not necessary for government programs to turn a profit, and the USPS provides no indication of the effectiveness of single-payer health care.  Once again, you have no point.  Great thread, buddy!

Way to cut your losses there. You've really distinguished yourself again. Government Run Monopoly Loses $1.9 Billion In Three Months - Page 2 1966794946 
bullwrinkle
bullwrinkle
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-05-13, 17:04

bullwrinkle wrote:

Of course it doesn't.    Government Run Monopoly Loses $1.9 Billion In Three Months - Page 2 1966794946  Congressional Oversight Of USPS   Government Run Monopoly Loses $1.9 Billion In Three Months - Page 2 1966794946

It receives no taxpayer dollars and operational decisions are made by non-governmental personnel. Nice try. Congress sets the price of postage, and unfortunately has stuck it's nose in to prevent suspension of Saturday mail. There are constraints on profit making that the government have put in place precisely because the USPS was established as a monopoly. But the GOVERNMENT DOESN'T RUN THE USPS, YOU NITWIT. It's not like FEMA or the Department of Health. So you're still stupid.

I stand by my assertion. Now say something followed by a rolly smiley.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2014-05-13, 17:55

bullwrinkle wrote:

Way to cut your losses there. You've really distinguished yourself again. Government Run Monopoly Loses $1.9 Billion In Three Months - Page 2 1966794946 

Another pretend victory! Your imaginary wife will be so fake proud of you!
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponge Worthy 2014-05-15, 17:44

Rocinante wrote:

The AFA isn't doesn't produce anything.  It merely mandates coverage and facilitates the consumer/provider relationship.  There is no need for anyone to understand the "profit/loss" concept.  It's up to the individual providers to maintain their own viability.  A very conservative / republican concept, no?

Are you always this dumb, or is it just Friday?

Look up "Cover Oregon" if you want an example of a state-developed software program designed to try to organize things..they are about to give up after spending hundreds of millions of dollars in software development alone. Everyone is doing things via paper and pen to this day..and of course they spend 20.00/hr for employees to do signups for care via this method..plus overtime for those who want it, in unlimited fashion.

Waste at it's best. The whole thing is a clusterfuck because primarily, there is no "end game" in a govt. run system. Example number 865 of the examples of government being pretty piss poor at organizing a business enterprise (and make no mistake, health care is business, be it the care itself or the facilitation)
Sponge Worthy
Sponge Worthy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2