Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

#FeelTheBern

+31
DWags
DoogieHouser
GRR Spartan
Dr. Strangelove
Death Roe
Turtleneck
steveschneider
Floyd Robertson
Tim Wakefield
xsanguine
Duke Silver
Code_Warrior
Blaine Fabin
InTenSity
AnomanderRake
CORNER BLITZ
Travis of the Cosmos
Ass Dan
Snake Plissken
Frank Ricard
duffy munn
I.B. Fine
CheesySpartan
The_Dude
Giant Moose
Rocinante
Watch Out Pylon!
NigelUno
Robert J Sakimano
StylesGShmooth
Other Teams Pursuing That
35 posters

Page 1 of 25 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next

Go down

#FeelTheBern Empty #FeelTheBern

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-02-04, 01:53

Watching the CNN Democratic Presidental Town Hall before bed and I am feeling the fuck out of the Bern right now. The guy is literally spot on!

Anybody else? #FeelTheBern 1542793333  #FeelTheBern 3493939353
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

#FeelTheBern Empty Re: #FeelTheBern

Post by StylesGShmooth 2016-02-04, 03:35

#FeelTheBern Netflix-and-chill-logo
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-02-04, 08:25

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Watching the CNN Democratic Presidental Town Hall before bed and I am feeling the fuck out of the Bern right now. The guy is literally spot on!

You'll continue to love Bernie until you start that CO job and pay 70% taxes. At that point your love will diminish.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-02-04, 08:27

Watched a few clips, 'I am Larry David'. #FeelTheBern 502811600

He seemed loose up there. The main thing left for Bernie is to win the minority vote and the lack of media coverage is not helping.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-04, 08:27

LooseGoose wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Watching the CNN Democratic Presidental Town Hall before bed and I am feeling the fuck out of the Bern right now. The guy is literally spot on!

You'll continue to love Bernie until you start that CO job and pay 70% taxes.   At that point your love will diminish.
my racist/bigoted redneck brother in law told me that years ago.. probably about 1991 or so -  "yeah, feel sorry for all these poor people, etc - that'll change when you get a job and see where half your paycheck goes to"..

he was bitter and angry then.. couple of divorces later, he's even more bitter and angry now. I feel pretty bad for him.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-04, 08:29

steveschneider wrote:Watched a few clips, 'I am Larry David'. #FeelTheBern 502811600

He seemed loose up there. The main thing left for Bernie is to win the minority vote and the lack of media coverage is not helping.
oh yeah, Bernie is relaxed in NH.. dude will win by 20+ points, the media will continue to fawn over him, etc. The real race will begin after SC.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-02-04, 08:33

LooseGoose wrote:

You'll continue to love Bernie until you start that CO job and pay 70% taxes. At that point your love will diminish.
'

He'd have to be earning over 2million dollars a year to get taxed 70%.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-02-04, 08:34

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

You'll continue to love Bernie until you start that CO job and pay 70% taxes.   At that point your love will diminish.
my racist/bigoted redneck brother in law told me that years ago.. probably about 1991 or so -  "yeah, feel sorry for all these poor people, etc - that'll change when you get a job and see where half your paycheck goes to"..

he was bitter and angry then.. couple of divorces later, he's even more bitter and angry now. I feel pretty bad for him.

The last time a New Yorker was president and had high taxes the country came out a global super power. Best three term president ever.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-02-04, 08:37

steveschneider wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

'

He'd have to be earning over 2million dollars a year to get taxed 70%.

So you don't believe in OTPT's abilities like I do.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-02-04, 08:40

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

The last time a New Yorker was president and had high taxes the country came out a global super power. Best three term president ever.

Yeah, he was a real peach.....without WWII bailing him out he would have remained a disaster.

FDR's policies prolonged Depression by 7 years, UCLA economists calculate

Two UCLA economists say they have figured out why the Great Depression dragged on for almost 15 years, and they blame a suspect previously thought to be beyond reproach: President Franklin D. Roosevelt.

After scrutinizing Roosevelt's record for four years, Harold L. Cole and Lee E. Ohanian conclude in a new study that New Deal policies signed into law 71 years ago thwarted economic recovery for seven long years.

"Why the Great Depression lasted so long has always been a great mystery, and because we never really knew the reason, we have always worried whether we would have another 10- to 15-year economic slump," said Ohanian, vice chair of UCLA's Department of Economics. "We found that a relapse isn't likely unless lawmakers gum up a recovery with ill-conceived stimulus policies."

In an article in the August issue of the Journal of Political Economy, Ohanian and Cole blame specific anti-competition and pro-labor measures that Roosevelt promoted and signed into law June 16, 1933.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-04, 08:44

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

yeah - I don't mind helping folks out. Never have.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-04, 08:46

gHost Spartan wrote:Bernie is cute right now but hypothetically he wins the nomination and it'll all but guarantee either Ted Cruz or Marco Rubio as president of the USA - the right wing super pacs will fucking eviscerate the guy
I agree with this.. my wife and daughter (sorry For bin) are big Bernie fans.. they wonder why I'm not.

and it's not that I'm not a fan of Bernie and his message. I actually love it - I'm just experienced enough to know he has no chance of winning a general election.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-02-04, 08:47

You watched some town hall meeting instead of The Godfather?

#FeelTheBern 294152859
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-02-04, 09:59

LooseGoose wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Yeah, he was a real peach.....without WWII bailing him out he would have remained a disaster.

FDR's policies prolonged Depression by 7 years, UCLA economists calculate

Two UCLA economists say they have figured out why the Great Depression dragged on for almost 15 years, and they blame a suspect previously thought to be beyond reproach: President Franklin D. Roosevelt.

After scrutinizing Roosevelt's record for four years, Harold L. Cole and Lee E. Ohanian conclude in a new study that New Deal policies signed into law 71 years ago thwarted economic recovery for seven long years.

"Why the Great Depression lasted so long has always been a great mystery, and because we never really knew the reason, we have always worried whether we would have another 10- to 15-year economic slump," said Ohanian, vice chair of UCLA's Department of Economics. "We found that a relapse isn't likely unless lawmakers gum up a recovery with ill-conceived stimulus policies."

In an article in the August issue of the Journal of Political Economy, Ohanian and Cole blame specific anti-competition and pro-labor measures that Roosevelt promoted and signed into law June 16, 1933.

Huh, interesting. All I know is when he came in unemployment was 25% and when he left it was 2%.

Also, lets not let Woodrow Wilson off the hook. He was too idle and didn't regulate wall street which lead to the mess that Roosevelt inherited. Sort of like the mess that Obama inherited. I used to work by the old Lehman Brothers building and now it's occupied by a british company. Thank you W.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-02-04, 10:20

steveschneider wrote:Huh, interesting. All I know is when he came in unemployment was 25% and when he left it was 2%.

Also, lets not let Woodrow Wilson off the hook. He was too idle and didn't regulate wall street which lead to the mess that Roosevelt inherited. Sort of like the mess that Obama inherited. I used to work by the old Lehman Brothers building and now it's occupied by a british company. Thank you W.

Yep, thanks to WWII.   The more telling statistic is what the rate was before the war buildup began:

#FeelTheBern Revised+US+Unemployment

Still around 12-13%......I'm not saying FDR was terrible, just that he gets credit for "ending" the depression and it's just not true. WWII ended the depression.

We had a few gems as President in that era, - Wilson, Harding, Hoover - seems like we do that all the time to ourselves but somehow survive. The best of the lot in that era was Silent Cal and you never hear much about him.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-02-04, 10:28

LooseGoose wrote:

70%? You sure about that number?

I know taxes are the devil and all but if taxes are going to save me money in the long run I don't get all squirmish as most people do when they hear "taxes".
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-02-04, 10:32

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I know taxes are the devil and all but if taxes are going to save me money in the long run I don't get all squirmish as most people do when they hear "taxes".

hy·per·bo·le
hīˈpərbəlē/Submit
noun
exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.
synonyms: exaggeration, overstatement, magnification, embroidery, embellishment, excess, overkill, rhetoric;
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-02-04, 10:38

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

hy·per·bo·le
hīˈpərbəlē/Submit
noun
exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.
synonyms: exaggeration, overstatement, magnification, embroidery, embellishment, excess, overkill, rhetoric;

See Pylon, I was deemed the official fact checker here so I have to dispute any false claims I come across. Otherwise, Bob stops leaving me my allowance under trash cans in EL.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-02-04, 10:38

LooseGoose wrote:

If you earn over 2 million it's accurate. Maybe you might want to vote against him to save your future rich self a huge tax bill.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-02-04, 10:50

LooseGoose wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Huh, interesting. All I know is when he came in unemployment was 25% and when he left it was 2%.

Yep, thanks to WWII.   The more telling statistic is what the rate was before the war buildup began:

Still around 12-13%......I'm not saying FDR was terrible, just that he gets credit for "ending" the depression and it's just not true. WWII ended the depression.

We had a few gems as President in that era, - Wilson, Harding, Hoover - seems like we do that all the time to ourselves but somehow survive. The best of the lot in that era was Silent Cal and you never hear much about him.

My main call out of Roosevelt is hands down the Japanese internment camps and he failed to tackle race inequality.

You see Ken Burns The Roosevelts? The Teddy section was amazing, and actually my favorite parts. I want to read 'River of Doubt', that adventure was crazy!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-02-04, 10:57

steveschneider wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

My main call out of Roosevelt is hands down the Japanese internment camps and he failed to tackle race inequality.

You see Ken Burns The Roosevelts? The Teddy section was amazing, and actually my favorite parts. I want to read 'River of Doubt', that adventure was crazy!

While race relations today still aren't great, put it in perspective with the 30's and 40's. At least we aren't interning whole races and/or exterminating them any more... Well, at least in the 1st world anyway.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-02-04, 10:57

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote:Bernie is cute right now but hypothetically he wins the nomination and it'll all but guarantee either Ted Cruz or Marco Rubio as president of the USA - the right wing super pacs will fucking eviscerate the guy
I agree with this.. my wife and daughter (sorry For bin) are big Bernie fans.. they wonder why I'm not.

and it's not that I'm not a fan of Bernie and his message. I actually love it - I'm just experienced enough to know he has no chance of winning a general election.

Neither did the black guy named Hussein.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2016-02-04, 11:02

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

So your women don't want a woman in charge? Bob, you really are king of the castle.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-02-04, 11:34

Bernie won't win the Dem nomination. If he does, hand the WH to the GOP.

Also, Cruz won't win the GOP nomination. Trump or Rubio.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-02-04, 11:37

steveschneider wrote:My main call out of Roosevelt is hands down the Japanese internment camps and he failed to tackle race inequality.

Yes, I've seen the Burns doc. Read a couple of Teddy biographies that were pretty good too, especially Lion in the White House and the trio of books by Edmund Morris.

Race relations were REALLY set back by Woodrow Wilson and he's rarely called on it. He re-segregated the Federal government amongst other sins, was really an out and out racist.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-02-04, 11:44

The_Dude wrote:

So Rubio since Trump has no chance in reality.

Liam Donovan ‏@LPDonovan 16m16 minutes ago
2nd choice numbers are brutal for Trump- nowhere to grow. Rubio & Cruz both stand to benefit from narrowing field.

Allahpundit ‏@allahpundit
Shock PPP national poll: Trump 25, Cruz 21, Rubio 21 http://hotair.com/?p=3892532

#FeelTheBern CaYinIeUsAERhuU
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-02-04, 11:53

LooseGoose wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

2nd choice numbers are brutal for Trump- nowhere to grow. Rubio & Cruz both stand to benefit from narrowing field.

Shock PPP national poll: Trump 25, Cruz 21, Rubio 21 http://hotair.com/?p=3892532

No matter what happens to Trump his major accomplishment is completely knocking Jeb out of the race. His attack of calling him a 'low energy guy' was brilliant. I watched the clip of Jeb asking for the crowd to clap and everyone in the audience looked bored to tears.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-02-04, 12:48

steveschneider wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

No matter what happens to Trump his major accomplishment is completely knocking Jeb out of the race. His attack of calling him a 'low energy guy' was brilliant. I watched the clip of Jeb asking for the crowd to clap and everyone in the audience looked bored to tears.

Yep he crushed Jeb it was hilarious.

Rubio is likeable. He will probably win the GOP nomination if he can finish second in NH. Although Christie and Jeb think they have a shot in NH.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-02-04, 12:49

Trump's main problem seems to be the problem he's always had--his unfavorable #s are too high.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-04, 12:51

The_Dude wrote:Trump's main problem seems to be the problem he's always had--his unfavorable #s are too high.
I actually thought about you and other republicans when Trump started whining about Ted Cruz cheating him out of victory in Iowa...

I was like, "okay - here is guy who can take on ISIS but is afraid of a blonde reporter on Fox News and now whines about some other dude stealing the election.. yep, he's a republican"..

#FeelTheBern 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-02-04, 12:51

The_Dude wrote:Trump's main problem seems to be the problem he's always had--his unfavorable #s are too high.

He's pissed off women and minorities. How many votes has he cost himself?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-02-04, 13:10

The rumblings about rubio's miami past will torpedo any chance at the nomination. Even if Bernie is the nominee, the republicans have nobody who will beat him.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-02-04, 13:33

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
I actually thought about you and other republicans when Trump started whining about Ted Cruz cheating him out of victory in Iowa...

I was like, "okay - here is guy who can take on ISIS but is afraid of a blonde reporter on Fox News and now whines about some other dude stealing the election.. yep, he's a republican"..

#FeelTheBern 502811600

Is Trump really a Republican though? I think he's very moderate in his actual views.

then again, his answer to every policy question is that he makes great deals and the current guy in office are stupid.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-02-04, 13:37

Rocinante wrote:The rumblings about rubio's miami past will torpedo any chance at the nomination. Even if Bernie is the nominee, the republicans have nobody who will beat him.

Sanders is probably the only unelectable candidate that's a front runner. He's just too radical and far out there for the average American to stomach. Views are too extreme especially in American where we generally dislike taxes and massive government expansion. Bernie is probably the most extreme candidate that has had a good chance to win his party's nomination in decades upon decades.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-04, 13:37

The_Dude wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

#FeelTheBern 502811600

Is Trump really a Republican though? I think he's very moderate in his actual views.

then again, his answer to every policy question is that he makes great deals and the current guy in office are stupid.
he's running as a republican, so that's what I call him.

he's an idiot in a party full of idiots. A lot can change, but I see no way a republican wins in 2016 - even against the likes of Hillary or Bernie.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-02-04, 13:40

Has Trump actually laid out ANY policy?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-04, 13:49

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Has Trump actually laid out ANY policy?
no.

but he doesn't have to.. that's actually what his racist/bigoted/misogynistic supporters like about him. He doesn't believe in anything except stoking their fears and paranoia at about a 4th grade reading level - which may be optimistic for most of them.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2016-02-04, 13:55

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

he's running as a republican, so that's what I call him.

he's an idiot in a party full of idiots. A lot can change, but I see no way a republican wins in 2016 - even against the likes of Hillary or Bernie.

You are not suggesting the Democratic party is any different when it comes to idiots are you Bob?
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-02-04, 13:59

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Has Trump actually laid out ANY policy?

He makes great deals!

However, does it really matter? All politicians say one thing and do another.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-04, 14:00

CheesySpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:he's running as a republican, so that's what I call him.

You are not suggesting the Democratic party is any different when it comes to idiots are you Bob?
oh, heck no... they're all ideologues beholden to special interests. You just kind of have to align yourself with whichever special interest represents your views the best.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 25 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next