Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What needs to be done to #MakeMichiganGreat again?

+14
DWags
The_Dude
Travis of the Cosmos
xsanguine
tGreenWay
Turtleneck
Blanch32
Other Teams Pursuing That
Ass Dan
Watch Out Pylon!
Floyd Robertson
Robert J Sakimano
duffy munn
Giant Moose
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What needs to be done to #MakeMichiganGreat again? Empty What needs to be done to #MakeMichiganGreat again?

Post by Giant Moose 2016-02-16, 08:10

OTPT said he was leaving Michigan in the random thread, and I almost took a shot at the state of Michigan but thought WBH would get mad so I didn't. Plus it didn't seem like the right time because, OTPT while green to the core, seemed pretty blue.

Even though Detroit and Flint make it easy to rip Michigan, the state was once one of the best in the USA but that was give or take like 50 years ago now. How can we fix this once great state so people like OTPT don't use its great public universities like MSU and then leave to possibly never return?

Does it just have to wait until the rest of the country runs out of water and returns? That seems pretty bleak, though. There's got to be a way to #MakeMichiganGreat again before that happens.

Post your suggestions here.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

What needs to be done to #MakeMichiganGreat again? Empty Re: What needs to be done to #MakeMichiganGreat again?

Post by duffy munn 2016-02-16, 08:11

The OP leaving the state was a good start.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

What needs to be done to #MakeMichiganGreat again? Empty Re: What needs to be done to #MakeMichiganGreat again?

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-16, 08:16

if everyone had a cottage Up North and documented their time there on social media.. featuring their beautiful, yet non-threatening family effortlessly dressed in light blue and white.. enjoying lazy summer days, Michigan would return to it's once lofty status.

#MakeMichiganGreat
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-02-16, 08:18

The Lions leaving the state would be a start.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-02-16, 08:21

Ban Travis.

#RideThePylon2016
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2016-02-16, 08:32

Robert J Sakimano wrote:if everyone had a cottage Up North and documented their time there on social media.. featuring their beautiful, yet non-threatening family effortlessly dressed in light blue and white.. enjoying lazy summer days, Michigan would return to it's once lofty status.

#MakeMichiganGreat

You sound bitter
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-16, 08:38

Ass Dan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:if everyone had a cottage Up North and documented their time there on social media.. featuring their beautiful, yet non-threatening family effortlessly dressed in light blue and white.. enjoying lazy summer days, Michigan would return to it's once lofty status.

#MakeMichiganGreat

You sound bitter
more than you can possibly fathom.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-02-16, 09:08

I think feeling the bern may be a good start Goose.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-02-16, 09:09

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I think feeling the bern may be a good start Goose.

Moose. Whoops.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-02-16, 09:53

I would watch a Moose & Goose variety hour. The first show could have special guests, Russell Byrd and Ted Nugent.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-02-16, 10:01

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I would watch a Moose & Goose variety hour. The first show could have special guests, Russell Byrd and Ted Nugent.

Christ you guys like to project shit on me.....point out post(s) of me praising or obsessing on Nugent as Moose does with Byrd?

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2016-02-16, 10:02

I think more Nugent and more Byrd would help Michigan become great.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-02-16, 10:35

Michigans best chance is if it was annexed to canada. Otherswise, you'll need to wait until the boomers die out, so the hipsters can take over and turn piss into Boones farm
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-02-16, 10:37

Giant Moose wrote:I think more Nugent and more Byrd would help Michigan become great.

What needs to be done to #MakeMichiganGreat again? 3493939353
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-16, 10:39

Giant Moose wrote:I think more Nugent and more Byrd would help Michigan become great.
we should let them both kiss the Spartan logo.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-02-16, 10:41

LooseGoose wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I would watch a Moose & Goose variety hour. The first show could have special guests, Russell Byrd and Ted Nugent.

Christ you guys like to project shit on me.....point out post(s) of me praising or obsessing on Nugent as Moose does with Byrd?

I just plan on giving you your own baking show. You can have Nugent as a guest if you want. It's your show.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-02-16, 10:42

Hiring Coach Jim Harbaugh was an excellent first step.
-Travis
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-02-16, 11:00

tGreenWay wrote:Hiring Coach Jim Harbaugh was an excellent first step.
-Travis

What needs to be done to #MakeMichiganGreat again? BlueBoy_single-326x350

Travis's favorite incense.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-02-16, 11:31

Turtleneck wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I just plan on giving you your own baking show. You can have Nugent as a guest if you want. It's your show.

lol, I'd have Dingy Harry Reid on before him.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-16, 11:41

I'd prefer if more people left the state, actually. The less people the more room I have to stretch out my legs.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-16, 11:44

xsanguine wrote:I'd prefer if more people left the state, actually. The less people the more room I have to stretch out my legs.
oh, man.. you'd really love it Up North.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-16, 11:45

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
xsanguine wrote:I'd prefer if more people left the state, actually. The less people the more room I have to stretch out my legs.
oh, man.. you'd really love it Up North.

I would and I tried. The wife wouldn't go for it. 20 minutes north of GR is about as far as I'll ever get to live in the promised land.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-16, 11:45

Unless I kill her, Bob. Maybe I can kill her and then just live wherever I want. How does that sound?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-16, 11:46

xsanguine wrote:Unless I kill her, Bob. Maybe I can kill her and then just live wherever I want. How does that sound?
What needs to be done to #MakeMichiganGreat again? 502811600

that's about the only way you'd get me up there..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-16, 11:48

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
xsanguine wrote:Unless I kill her, Bob. Maybe I can kill her and then just live wherever I want. How does that sound?
What needs to be done to #MakeMichiganGreat again? 502811600

I have a friend who lives in Sutton's Bay whose "Up North" pics I think you'd just adore... Very similar to the photos you post of your family when vacationing up north.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-16, 11:50

xsanguine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: What needs to be done to #MakeMichiganGreat again? 502811600

I have a friend who lives in Sutton's Bay whose "Up North" pics I think you'd just adore... Very similar to the photos you post of your family when vacationing up north.
it's a magical place..

What needs to be done to #MakeMichiganGreat again? Family-on-the-beach_780x520

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-02-16, 11:53

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Hiring Coach Jim Harbaugh was an excellent first step.
-Travis

What needs to be done to #MakeMichiganGreat again? BlueBoy_single-326x350

Travis's favorite incense.

I didn't even post in this thread and I open it to find people making fun of me. You guys are big rude meanies.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-02-16, 12:24

Detroit is on a major rebound and there are a ton of great developments going on. The food scene has exploded too.

Thank you, Governor Snyder, for finally having the courage no one else had to fix Detroit and get the city back on track.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-02-16, 12:31

The_Dude wrote:Detroit is on a major rebound and there are a ton of great developments going on. The food scene has exploded too.

Thank you, Governor Snyder, for finally having the courage no one else had to fix Detroit and get the city back on track.

So you are saying food trucks will save Detroit?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-02-16, 12:50

The_Dude wrote:Detroit is on a major rebound and there are a ton of great developments going on. The food scene has exploded too.

When did you start to go downtown? Because most of the best food and music and art scene happened as a result of Detroit being broke. To give Snyder credit for entrepreneurs who created great things with no help from any government is beyond moronic.

This started before 2011 and it wasn't a big project, it was a couple dozen little ones. I'm guessing you go to ford field or copa or motor city and fancy yourself a Detroit expert. Detroit has a shit load of great things going on that started with gutsy people putting it on the line.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-16, 12:53

DWags wrote:

When did you start to go downtown? Because most of the best food and music and art scene happened as a result of Detroit being broke. To give Snyder credit for entrepreneurs who created great things with no help from any government is beyond moronic.

This started before 2011 and it wasn't a big project, it was a couple dozen little ones. I'm guessing you go to ford field or copa or motor city and fancy yourself a Detroit expert. Detroit has a shit load of great things going on that started with gutsy people putting it on the line.
What needs to be done to #MakeMichiganGreat again? 4113017228 - I think he was congratulating Snyder for poisoning black people in Flint.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-02-16, 12:56

Ass Dan wrote:

#MakeMichiganGreat

You sound bitter

Bob can't afford an up north cottage and wants the government to buy him one since he's entitled to it
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-16, 12:57

Blanch32 wrote:
Ass Dan wrote:

You sound bitter

Bob can't afford an up north cottage and wants the government to buy him one since he's entitled to it
I can't afford a Cottage Inn pizza.. much less a cottage Up North.

Thanks for reminding me..  No
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-02-16, 12:57

DWags wrote:

True. I left Michigan before Snyder. Downtown was great and things were moving in the right direction in the city.

However, I would argue that some of the more systemic problems were not, and are still not, being addressed.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-02-16, 12:58

Cause you fat?
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 2016-02-16, 13:01

I don't quote like that hashtag.
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-02-16, 13:20

Giant Moose wrote:OTPT said he was leaving Michigan in the random thread, and I almost took a shot at the state of Michigan but thought WBH would get mad so I didn't. Plus it didn't seem like the right time because, OTPT while green to the core, seemed pretty blue.

Even though Detroit and Flint make it easy to rip Michigan, the state was once one of the best in the USA but that was give or take like 50 years ago now. How can we fix this once great state so people like OTPT don't use its great public universities like MSU and then leave to possibly never return?

Does it just have to wait until the rest of the country runs out of water and returns? That seems pretty bleak, though. There's got to be a way to #MakeMichiganGreat again before that happens.

Better economic opportunities, more progressive/forward thinking communities willing to embrace change where artists can thrive and create. More night life.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-02-16, 13:32

steveschneider wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:OTPT said he was leaving Michigan in the random thread, and I almost took a shot at the state of Michigan but thought WBH would get mad so I didn't. Plus it didn't seem like the right time because, OTPT while green to the core, seemed pretty blue.

Better economic opportunities, more progressive/forward thinking communities willing to embrace change where artists can thrive and create. More night life.

How do you define forward thinking?

Seems to me like its just a buzz phrase radicals hide their agenda behind.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-02-16, 13:33

Turtleneck wrote:
DWags wrote:

True. I left Michigan before Snyder. Downtown was great and things were moving in the right direction in the city.

However, I would argue that some of the more systemic problems were not, and are still not, being addressed.

I think Detroit makes a full recovery in less than ten years. The systemic problems will be taken care of soon enough. The new ice arena complex will push more projects forward. I actually hope it doesn't get so commercial that it chases the cool artists, shops, chefs on to another city they can be on the cutting edge of. It will be a fine line.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-02-16, 13:34

The_Dude wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

How do you define forward thinking?

Seems to me like its just a buzz phrase radicals hide their agenda behind.

Ask Rush or Rudy.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum