Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reverse it: If MSU was an average team and we needed to lose a game to prevent Michigan from winning the big ten, what would you want?

+5
Rocinante
NigelUno
InTenSity
kingstonlake
DWags
9 posters

Go down

Reverse it:  If MSU was an average team and we needed to lose a game to prevent Michigan from winning the big ten, what would you want? Empty Reverse it: If MSU was an average team and we needed to lose a game to prevent Michigan from winning the big ten, what would you want?

Post by DWags 2016-03-02, 11:02

So, we're having a .500 season, horrible year by any of our standards, we're playing OSU in basketball and we have a 3 point lead with a minute left. If we beat OSU it doesn't help us at all, we're NIT bound, no chance of NCAA tournament, no big deal, just a win at the end of the season. If we lose to OSU they get the championship and it deprives MIchigan of a big ten title in hoops.

When you look at it in this manner, to me, it shows you how much a Big ten regular season basketball title means. Who the hell cares? i'd rather win 100% of the time and I would not give a fuck who it helped or hurt.

Now, it would be funny if we needed to make a wide open lay up at the end of the game down one and costello by himself, and he goes up and throws the ball off the board as hard as he can and laughs at the cameras. That would be funny, but I'd still rather win.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Reverse it:  If MSU was an average team and we needed to lose a game to prevent Michigan from winning the big ten, what would you want? Empty Re: Reverse it: If MSU was an average team and we needed to lose a game to prevent Michigan from winning the big ten, what would you want?

Post by kingstonlake 2016-03-02, 11:03

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Reverse it:  If MSU was an average team and we needed to lose a game to prevent Michigan from winning the big ten, what would you want? Empty Re: Reverse it: If MSU was an average team and we needed to lose a game to prevent Michigan from winning the big ten, what would you want?

Post by InTenSity 2016-03-02, 11:06

I'd probably be more upset at the shitty season and not care who was winning the B1G. This is such a far fetched scenario though, I'm not going to think about it. I also think in the back of my mind, I'd be happy with fucking up UM's chances on winning a title.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-03-02, 11:16

DWags wrote:So, we're having a .500 season, horrible year by any of our standards, we're playing OSU in basketball and we have a 3 point lead with a minute left. If we beat OSU it doesn't help us at all, we're NIT bound, no chance of NCAA tournament, no big deal, just a win at the end of the season. If we lose to OSU they get the championship and it deprives MIchigan of a big ten title in hoops.

When you look at it in this manner, to me, it shows you how much a Big ten regular season basketball title means. Who the hell cares? i'd rather win 100% of the time and I would not give a fuck who it helped or hurt.

Now, it would be funny if we needed to make a wide open lay up at the end of the game down one and costello by himself, and he goes up and throws the ball off the board as hard as he can and laughs at the cameras. That would be funny, but I'd still rather win.

I'm not rooting for my team to lose. Ever.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-03-02, 11:32

Reverse it:  If MSU was an average team and we needed to lose a game to prevent Michigan from winning the big ten, what would you want? 361471007
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-03-02, 11:34

Reverse it:  If MSU was an average team and we needed to lose a game to prevent Michigan from winning the big ten, what would you want? A981126-125-Dear%20God,%20make%20it%20stop
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-03-02, 11:38

This does not compute.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-03-02, 11:39

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Reverse it:  If MSU was an average team and we needed to lose a game to prevent Michigan from winning the big ten, what would you want? A981126-125-Dear%20God,%20make%20it%20stop

I was kind of hoping you guys could take over a thread and pretend argue with each other again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, cause that's really fun to read and populate the board with. Honestly, in every thread it's a joy to see you guys start that and take it over.

TIA
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-03-02, 11:41

DWags wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Reverse it:  If MSU was an average team and we needed to lose a game to prevent Michigan from winning the big ten, what would you want? A981126-125-Dear%20God,%20make%20it%20stop

I was kind of hoping you guys could take over a thread and pretend argue with each other again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, cause that's really fun to read and populate the board with. Honestly, in every thread it's a joy to see you guys start that and take it over.

TIA

Whoa whoa whoa whoa! We're friends now. You bring that harsh tone down a notch.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-03-02, 11:41

DWags wrote:

TIA

Take that up with your boy pylon. Not me.

That said, this hypothetical topic is the stupidest shit. For fucks sake stop.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-03-02, 11:45

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
DWags wrote:

TIA

Honestly though, in the past this would be the type of thread that sets you off against me. Good thing we're pals now. Reverse it:  If MSU was an average team and we needed to lose a game to prevent Michigan from winning the big ten, what would you want? 685334576
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-03-02, 11:49

DWags wrote:

TIA

Just trying to create topics and conversation. Good enough, I won't. But you guys taking over threads seems to help. I'd keep that up.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-03-02, 11:51

DWags wrote:

Just trying to create topics and conversation. Good enough, I won't. But you guys taking over threads seems to help. I'd keep that up.

Am I on incognito mode? :(
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-03-02, 11:53

DWags wrote:

Cause these conversations have been sweet and definitely something we should continue Persuing down the rabbit hole. I can't wait to find out who people would root for if it meant that Michigan would win this year but we would win the year after and if the game was played on a Tuesday.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-03-02, 11:57

DWags wrote:

Cause these conversations have been sweet and definitely something we should continue Persuing down the rabbit hole. I can't wait to find out who people would root for if it meant that Michigan would win this year but we would win the year after and if the game was played on a Tuesday.

#TeamPylon (but only if he stops responding to you in this thread)
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-03-02, 12:01

NigelUno wrote:

You sir, have a deal.

#TeamPylon (but only if he stops responding to you in this thread)
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-03-02, 12:16

DWags wrote:

Sweet, deal then. I'll stop posting this shit, and you continue with the cool arguments with Pylon in each thread.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-03-02, 12:20

DWags wrote:

Sweet, deal then. I'll stop posting this shit, and you continue with the cool arguments with Pylon in each thread.

Listen twat booger. Try to read between the lines without making me spell out literally everything for you.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-03-02, 13:15

JFC. You're never getting a hat now. Never.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2016-03-02, 13:18

tGreenWay wrote:JFC. You're never getting a hat now. Never.
I might buy him a scUM hat. He thinks about them a lot.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-03-02, 14:37

Giant Moose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:JFC. You're never getting a hat now. Never.
I might buy him a scUM hat. He thinks about them a lot.

When you're in Walmart grabbing a um hat, you minus well pick him up one of those Trumpy Make America Great Again hats.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down