Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adam LaRoche vs. the White Sox

+3
xsanguine
Death Roe
NigelUno
7 posters

Go down

Whose side are you on?

Adam LaRoche vs. the White Sox  Vote_lcap15%Adam LaRoche vs. the White Sox  Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 2 ]
Adam LaRoche vs. the White Sox  Vote_lcap85%Adam LaRoche vs. the White Sox  Vote_rcap 85% 
[ 11 ]

Total Votes : 13

Poll Adam LaRoche vs. the White Sox

Post by NigelUno Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:01 am

Adam LaRoche retired over White Sox's request to limit son in clubhouse.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/14989265/adam-laroche-retired-chicago-white-sox-asked-dial-back-son-clubhouse

Should LaRoche be allowed to bring his kid around EVERY DAY, or were the White Sox right in telling him enough is enough?

Did the White Sox just push the issue because they knew he might retire (and he's terrible...and they just wanted to save some $)?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Poll Re: Adam LaRoche vs. the White Sox

Post by Death Roe Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:49 am

LaRoche is teaching his son a great lesson: If there is conflict, and you don't get your way, you just walk away like a bitch.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:53 am

Death Roe wrote:LaRoche is teaching his son a great lesson: If there is conflict, and you don't get your way, you just walk away like a bitch.

Today's word of the day...analogy?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:05 am

LaRoche was one of my favorite and most productive dynasty players on MLB '05. I have fond memories of him belting HRs over the right field wall and snagging errant throws out of the dirt. Never caused me any clubhouse issues during those 8 years. Having kids changes you.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:36 am

What's a kid doing in the clubhouse? I'm on the white sox side and think his response is extreme.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:14 pm

Rome is going to get into this in the first hour from the sounds of it, pretty much doing the same poll over the airwaves.

There's no reason for him to be taking his kid to work every day, but I voted on his side anyway.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:47 pm

I like the power play by Laroche.  "You want me to do what?  Well how about a little 'you go fuck yourself'"

Gets the sympathy vote from the public and his peers and wins lots of favor at home with the family even though the Sox are technically right.  Of course with many relationships, personal and professional, you can be happy or you can be right.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:23 am

I always liked LaRoche, not really sure why. And I hate the White Sox. But kids are the worst.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:12 am

StylesGShmooth wrote:I like the power play by Laroche.  "You want me to do what?  Well how about a little 'you go fuck yourself'"

Gets the sympathy vote from the public and his peers and wins lots of favor at home with the family even though the Sox are technically right.  Of course with many relationships, personal and professional, you can be happy or you can be right.

Word on the street is LaRoche wanted to keep it quiet.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:42 pm

This won't end well.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/15005486/chris-sale-chicago-white-sox-were-lied-exec-williams

With two Adam LaRoche jerseys hanging at his locker, one signed by LaRoche's son, Drake, Chicago White Sox ace Chris Sale said Friday that he and his teammates were lied to by executive Kenny Williams.

The jersey signed by Drake LaRoche had the message: "Chris thank you for taking care of me."

Sale said Williams has told three different stories on why the decision was made to limit 14-year-old Drake LaRoche's access to the clubhouse, prompting his father to leave the team.

"Somebody walked out of those doors the other day and it was the wrong guy," Sale said.

Sale said Williams has contradicted himself, first saying that players complained about LaRoche's son being in the clubhouse, then saying it was coaches that spoke against it and then saying the decision came down from ownership.

"We got bald-faced lied to by someone that we trust," Sale said.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down