Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any of You Mid-Michigan Folks Been to the New Whole Foods Yet??

+6
By-Tor
xsanguine
NigelUno
Watch Out Pylon!
Blanch32
Robert J Sakimano
10 posters

Go down

Any of You Mid-Michigan Folks Been to the New Whole Foods Yet?? Empty Any of You Mid-Michigan Folks Been to the New Whole Foods Yet??

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-04-20, 07:55

was in the coffee shop on Grand River a bit ago and the young lady working there asked me if I had been yet..   Suspect

then she proceeded to tell me how crazy it was on the first day, that she couldn't back out of her parking space... that traffic was bowed up, waiting on her to back out so they could fight for her parking spot.. people were laying on their horns, etc  Any of You Mid-Michigan Folks Been to the New Whole Foods Yet?? 502811600

all I could think of was a bunch of do-gooders driving a Prius with a "Coexist" bumper sticker honking and screaming at each other.. traffic gridlock and road rage at Whole Foods..  Any of You Mid-Michigan Folks Been to the New Whole Foods Yet?? 3493939353
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Any of You Mid-Michigan Folks Been to the New Whole Foods Yet?? Empty Re: Any of You Mid-Michigan Folks Been to the New Whole Foods Yet??

Post by Blanch32 2016-04-20, 08:26

Sounds like your kinda scene. Go there on Saturday instead of the spring game
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Any of You Mid-Michigan Folks Been to the New Whole Foods Yet?? Empty Re: Any of You Mid-Michigan Folks Been to the New Whole Foods Yet??

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-04-20, 08:30

Blanch32 wrote:Sounds like your kinda scene. Go there on Saturday instead of the spring game
Any of You Mid-Michigan Folks Been to the New Whole Foods Yet?? 502811600

yeah - that's my scene alright.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-04-20, 08:50

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:Sounds like your kinda scene.  Go there on Saturday instead of the spring game

Honestly, I wasn't sure if that was your scene either Bob. I might check it out after the hubbub dies down.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-04-20, 08:54

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Honestly, I wasn't sure if that was your scene either Bob. I might check it out after the hubbub dies down.
it's actually the opposite of my scene. I feel my chest tightening kinda thinking about all of the khakis, Prius-drivers swinging by there on their way to/from yoga class.

I hit up the new grocery store in Trowbridge periodically. Mostly, I'm a simple Lake Lansing Meijer kind of dude.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-04-20, 09:03

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

it's actually the opposite of my scene. I feel my chest tightening kinda thinking about all of the khakis, Prius-drivers swinging by there on their way to/from yoga class.

I hit up the new grocery store in Trowbridge periodically. Mostly, I'm a simple Lake Lansing Meijer kind of dude.

I see mostly big SUV's when I pop into Whole Foods.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-04-20, 09:07

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:it's actually the opposite of my scene. I feel my chest tightening kinda thinking about all of the khakis, Prius-drivers swinging by there on their way to/from yoga class.

"I drove here in my SUV that gets 7 mpg for the free-range chicken and the organic produce selection"...
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-04-20, 09:18

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

"I drove here in my SUV that gets 7 mpg for the free-range chicken and the organic produce selection"...

I walk through the organic produce to get to the fish counter. Got some corn there once (not sure if it was organic or not). It was terrible though. I walk by the meat counter and through the wine (if needed). That's about it.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-04-20, 09:30

One of only 2 times I've gotten food poisoning was from Whole Foods.

Grass fed beef is way overhyped and overrated.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2016-04-20, 09:37

When I take things to kids games, school, work, parties, social get togethers, etc, I make sure and put them in Whole Food bags or Lululemon bags. It makes me feel better about myself. Or better yet when I shop at Kroger I make sure and bring my Whole Foods reusable bags just so people know I only shop at Kroger for emergencies.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-04-20, 09:40

xsanguine wrote:One of only 2 times I've gotten food poisoning was from Whole Foods.

Did you buy any raw milk?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-04-20, 09:52

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
xsanguine wrote:One of only 2 times I've gotten food poisoning was from Whole Foods.

Did you buy any raw milk?

Those commies won't sell it, comrade.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood 2016-04-20, 09:53

fuck that. buy local and go to fresh thyme. that's what a good hippie would do.
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-04-20, 10:21

AMwood wrote:fuck that. buy local and go to fresh thyme. that's what a good hippie would do.

You are so dumb. Fresh Thyme is an Arizona-based grocery chain with Meijer financing. Their produce looks good but tastes crappy, and everything in that POS store is way overpriced. God, are you dumb. So fucking dumb. You are such an idiot. I hate you so much.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-04-20, 10:22

tGreenWay wrote:
AMwood wrote:fuck that. buy local and go to fresh thyme. that's what a good hippie would do.

You are so dumb. Fresh Thyme is an Arizona-based grocery chain with Meijer financing. Their produce looks good but tastes crappy, and everything in that POS store is way overpriced. God, are you dumb. So fucking dumb. You are such an idiot. I hate you so much.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-04-20, 10:57

I miss Goodrich's.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-04-20, 10:58

Does seeing Veggie Tales count?
Any of You Mid-Michigan Folks Been to the New Whole Foods Yet?? Veggie-Tales
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-04-20, 11:02

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I miss Goodrich's.

Ditto. Now, if I want a store with a great beer and wine selection, I have to drive all the way out to Horrock's. At least I can get good produce there, and I know it's local. That reminds me: Suck it, am wood.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-04-20, 11:02

GRR Spartan wrote:Does seeing Veggie Tales count?
Any of You Mid-Michigan Folks Been to the New Whole Foods Yet?? Veggie-Tales

Googly eyes makes everything better.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-04-20, 11:20

I love paying 6 bucks for an organic head of broccoli that's not any better for you than the normal ones Razz
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-04-20, 12:10

tGreenWay wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I miss Goodrich's.

Ditto. Now, if I want a store with a great beer and wine selection, I have to drive all the way out to Horrock's. At least I can get good produce there, and I know it's local.  That reminds me: Suck it, am wood.  

We tailgate right behind what was Goodrich's. It was really convenient if you forgot anything or wanted to switch up what you were drinking.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood 2016-04-20, 13:28

tGreenWay wrote:

Any of You Mid-Michigan Folks Been to the New Whole Foods Yet?? 1486952199 Any of You Mid-Michigan Folks Been to the New Whole Foods Yet?? 1853518006
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-04-20, 13:54

AMwood wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Any of You Mid-Michigan Folks Been to the New Whole Foods Yet?? 1486952199 Any of You Mid-Michigan Folks Been to the New Whole Foods Yet?? 1853518006

There's more where that came from. Any of You Mid-Michigan Folks Been to the New Whole Foods Yet?? 328670334
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down