Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General MSU thread

+31
Rick Saunders
aualum06
Spartytruth
GRR Spartan
gomersbro
Pervis Muldoon
Motown Spartan
AvgMSUJoe
steveschneider
The Pantry
MiamiSpartan
Wally Fairway
NigelUno
WhiteBoyHatcher
CORNER BLITZ
Floyd Robertson
goodbar
Senior Dickfist
Steve81
MattyFresh
Death Roe
Nordic
InTenSity
DWags
CheesySpartan
Blanch32
The_Dude
Watch Out Pylon!
Other Teams Pursuing That
Robert J Sakimano
Tim Wakefield
35 posters

Page 9 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Go down

General MSU thread - Page 9 Empty Re: General MSU thread

Post by DWags 2017-10-31, 12:51

MSU the best college in the state.

"So why does MSU rise above the (very proud) shoulders of its rivals in Ann Arbor? It's certainly not for its contribution of sweater sales in rural Walmarts, which UM has on lockdown. MSU has perpetually been the underdog, but the fact is that it's managed to grow more and more progressive, as UM seems content to remain the same. It's a gorgeous standalone campus that's adopted a "neighborhood" model to help its student body feel more at home, and includes everything from a butterfly house to a Zaha Hadid-designed museum to go along with its storied Dairy Store.
"There's a world-class med and vet school, a storied journalism program, and unmatched agricultural research facilities (they include winemaking!). The athletic program has excelled primarily by recruiting in-state. It's got a goddamn particle accelerator AND a Tom Izzo. For a college that's perpetually been dubbed an underdog, MSU sure has spent a lot of time quietly dominating its chest-thumping rival."

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-10-31, 12:53

Dear MSU,

If you could please go ahead and send my kid an acceptance email (provided, of course, that she meets your standards for admission), my wife and I would appreciate it. The kid is freaking out.

Yes, I also understand that it's still October and, no, patience isn't one of her more admirable attributes.

Yours Truly,

- bobby sak

Robert J Sakimano
Sideline Reporter
Staff Writer
Spartan Swill
East Lansing, MI 48823
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-10-31, 12:56

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Dear MSU,

If you could please go ahead and send my kid an acceptance email (provided, of course, that she meets your standards for admission), my wife and I would appreciate it. The kid is freaking out.

Yes, I also understand that it's still October and, no, patience isn't one of her more admirable attributes.

Yours Truly,

- bobby sak

Robert J Sakimano
Sideline Reporter
Staff Writer
Spartan Swill
East Lansing, MI 48823

People read this board, expect an envelope by courier this afternoon.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-10-31, 12:57

Yours Truly,

Robert J Sakimano
Sideline Reporter
Spartan Swill

It takes about six weeks Bob.  The Wags family second child is also waiting.  Asked about it at dinner last night.  The wife and I were wondering the same thing.  So, the wife somehow has records of when the eldest daughter applied and when the acceptance notification came.  it was six weeks.  And with the eldest we knew she was in cause grades and ACT score.  This second one, well, we're wondering.    Probably be wait listed.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-10-31, 12:59

LooseGoose wrote:

Yours Truly,

- bobby sak

Robert J Sakimano
Sideline Reporter
Staff Writer
Spartan Swill
East Lansing, MI 48823

People read this board, expect an envelope by courier this afternoon.
I appreciate your attention to this matter.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-10-31, 13:01

DWags wrote:

Yours Truly,

Robert J Sakimano
Sideline Reporter
Spartan Swill

It takes about six weeks Bob.  The Wags family second child is also waiting.  Asked about it at dinner last night.  The wife and I were wondering the same thing.  So, the wife somehow has records of when the eldest daughter applied and when the acceptance notification came.  it was six weeks.  And with the eldest we knew she was in cause grades and ACT score.  This second one, well, we're wondering.    Probably be wait listed.
yeah I think the website says "8-12 weeks" but there are already kids celebrating on various social media platforms.. my wife and I have said, "dear, all of the test scores/GPA, etc. are likely dumped into some database.. those are kids who have a 35 and a 4.1. Other kids, discussions have to be had, essays have to be read, etc"..

which didn't help - that there actually has to be a "discussion".. versus just bestowing acceptance upon her for simply clicking "submit". Freakin' kid.

anyway.. we'll keep hope alive for all of the potential future Spartans.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-10-31, 13:38

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

yeah I think the website says "8-12 weeks" but there are already kids celebrating on various social media platforms.. my wife and I have said, "dear, all of the test scores/GPA, etc. are likely dumped into some database.. those are kids who have a 35 and a 4.1. Other kids, discussions have to be had, essays have to be read, etc"..

which didn't help - that there actually has to be a "discussion".. versus just bestowing acceptance upon her for simply clicking "submit". Freakin' kid.

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-10-31, 13:40

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

poor Joel.. almost had to attend a state school.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-10-31, 13:42

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

poor Joel.. almost had to attend a state school.

I hope MSU hasn't triggered Baby Sak.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-10-31, 13:54

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: poor Joel.. almost had to attend a state school.

I hope MSU hasn't triggered Baby Sak.
General MSU thread - Page 9 4198636888

she needs to chill the heck out.. but she doesn't listen to me.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-10-31, 14:09

Nothing wrong with being waitlisted. I had to wait until the spring and look at me!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-10-31, 14:57

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Nothing wrong with being waitlisted. I had to wait until the spring and look at me!

So, how long did they give you when they called.  Here's a true story.  Daughter's boyfriend at the time when they were seniors in high school was wait listed.  He was going to Grand Valley, and it was like late May or even June.   He was at the house on my couch when his phone rang.  Phone call. It was someone from MSU that called his phone, which I thought was weird.    Guy said to him "you have till the end of business day to decide" Maybe it was "Business day tomorrow" But that was the verbiage that the guy used.   It's a bit more of a price increase from Grand Valley to MSU.  Kid was stammering on the phone, asking if he could call his parents first and shit like that.  I felt good and bad for the kid at the same time.  He did end up going to MSU.  Nice kid. 

Was that how they did it with you?  Phone call or email?  My wife and I thought they had some kind of quota to hit, and the kids who were accepted either were saying no at that point or had gone elsewhere, or put it off because of money, and we thought this guy must have a quota to get to accept the offer.   There must be a "wait list", and then there must be a "Wait list at the very end and we need to make calls to fill our quota" list.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-11-02, 10:34

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

Never again doubt that people read this board. Expect good news soon.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-11-02, 10:44

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Never again doubt that people read this board. Expect good news soon.
General MSU thread - Page 9 502811600

thanks - oh, and for those who can't decipher such a cleverly cryptic message, the kid found out yesterday that she's a Spartan.

General MSU thread - Page 9 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-11-02, 10:48

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Never again doubt that people read this board.    Expect good news soon.

thanks - oh, and for those who can't decipher such a cleverly cryptic message, the kid found out yesterday that she's a Spartan.  

Another Spartan.  Now Bob can add "Spartan Dad" to his "Alumni" sticker on the back of his truck like I ahve.  Oh, and can start writing checks for about 27K to our great alma mater.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-11-02, 10:53

I can’t imagine getting my college paid for. They better appreciate that shit, wags.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-11-02, 10:57

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Another Spartan.  Now Bob can add "Spartan Dad" to his "Alumni" sticker on the back of his truck like I ahve.  Oh, and can start writing checks for about 27K to our great alma mater.
so, yeah, if Johnny Spirit on Saturday suddenly has "Spartan Dad" painted across his luscious chest...

General MSU thread - Page 9 3003718628
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-11-02, 11:03

I am gonna have to finally pick up some MSU schwag.. I saw a dude wearing a pretty sweet track jacket once... had the gruff Sparty on it.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-11-06, 11:07

MSU News‏ @MSUnews 40m40 minutes ago
More
"#MSU changed my life" says @CALmsu alum, @USArmy vet who returned to campus this weekend. Story in @LSJNews http://go.msu.edu/LVz
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-11-07, 16:29

General MSU thread - Page 9 DN-hn-fXUAU0TFz
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-11-07, 16:49

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I am gonna have to finally pick up some MSU schwag.. I saw a dude wearing a pretty sweet track jacket once... had the gruff Sparty on it.
thread update: I picked up a sweet MSU knit hat Saturday at SBS.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-11-13, 17:09

Texting while driving....

Chris Solari‏Verified account @chrissolari
3m3 minutes ago
More
MSU strength and conditioning coach faces charge in fatal crash

SUMMERFIELD TWP. - Monroe County prosecutors allege a Michigan State University strength and conditioning coach was texting while driving when he caused a fatal crash this summer on U.S. 23.

Todd Moyer, 37, of Holt, was charged Monday with one count of reckless driving causing death, a felony punishable by up to 15 years in prison.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-11-14, 09:47

MSU News‏ @MSUnews
2m2 minutes ago
More
$1M gift supports expansion of @michiganstateu music facilities http://go.msu.edu/YKz

General MSU thread - Page 9 The-cooks_lg
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-11-14, 15:34

I don't really know what this means, but she seems excited about it and is an MSU grad..

Thea Neal‏ @nealthea
5h5 hours ago

I made @Forbes' 30 Under 30 list and I'm pretty sure I've never been this happy in my life. Thank you to everyone who nominated me and made this dream come true. (But for real let's party now!) #30Under30 @ForbesUnder30
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-11-14, 16:18

I for one would like to salute General MSU.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-11-20, 10:53

MSU‏Verified account @michiganstateu
37m37 minutes ago

Congrats to our new Rhodes and Mitchell scholars! http://go.msu.edu/xXz #SpartansWill

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-11-28, 08:11

SpartanMarchingBand‏ @MSUMarchingBand
3h3 hours ago

No matter what patches are on the sleeve, since 1954 we have worn the same one over our hearts. Help continue this tradition by making the #SMBJacket affordable for first year members. Please donate here http://go.msu.edu/Y8z and show that #Spartanswill stand together
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-12-04, 23:52

MSU is getting a neighbor.

https://amp.lansingstatejournal.com/amp/914008001
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-12-21, 18:17

General MSU thread - Page 9 1431518612

Matt Mencarini
@MattMencarini

Officials: MSU strength coach  texted a link to a strip club's website and was speeding moments before crash that killed a mother and her 5-year-old daughter. http://on.lsj.com/2BVdfwP  via @ChrisHaxel

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/news/2017/12/21/msu-spartans-basketball-strength-coach-todd-moyer-texting-strip-club-speeding-fatal-crash/973950001/
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-12-21, 18:26

MattyFresh wrote: General MSU thread - Page 9 1431518612

Matt Mencarini
@MattMencarini

Officials: MSU strength coach  texted a link to a strip club's website and was speeding moments before crash that killed a mother and her 5-year-old daughter. http://on.lsj.com/2BVdfwP  via @ChrisHaxel

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/news/2017/12/21/msu-spartans-basketball-strength-coach-todd-moyer-texting-strip-club-speeding-fatal-crash/973950001/

You know, even if he was texting his bible study club to meet at his house that night, it would be bad. This? Fuck.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-12-21, 18:27

DWags wrote:
MattyFresh wrote: General MSU thread - Page 9 1431518612

You know, even if he was texting his bible study club to meet at his house that night, it would be bad. This? Fuck.

right it would be 10/10 bad for this guy but its worse
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-12-31, 13:25

I love FENG.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-30, 08:52

Matt Gianiodis @msuswimcoach 19h19 hours ago
More
Congrats to our men's team last semester. 6th in the country and 1st overall in the Big-10

General MSU thread - Page 9 DUuuxdDWAAAaaY1
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist 2018-01-30, 09:41

That's pretty damn cool. Some good company on that list.
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2018-01-30, 11:05

Shit that's better than where my GPA ended up
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-03-12, 10:34

MSU
‏Verified account @michiganstateu
3 minutes ago

.@MSUDebate advances to national tournament for the 22nd consecutive year. http://go.msu.edu/H7z #MSUPride
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-03-15, 13:38

MSU News @MSUnews 1m1 minute ago
More
Marjorie Weber has been named a 2018 Ecological Society of America Fellow for advancing the science of ecology and showing promise for continuing contributions. #MSUPride http://go.msu.edu/K7z

General MSU thread - Page 9 DYWLoPBWAAENIoe
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-03-15, 14:12

LooseGoose wrote:MSU News @MSUnews 1m1 minute ago
More
Marjorie Weber has been named a 2018 Ecological Society of America Fellow for advancing the science of ecology and showing promise for continuing contributions. #MSUPride http://go.msu.edu/K7z

Check it out, Bob. Another neighbor gets nationally recognized, sending the two of us down yet another notch.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-03-20, 09:52

MSU News @MSUnews 11m11 minutes ago

10 in the top 10. See which MSU programs made @usnews list of top graduate programs: http://go.msu.edu/L7z

General MSU thread - Page 9 DYvFIbJX0AAvP98
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-03-20, 09:53

tGreenWay wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:MSU News @MSUnews 1m1 minute ago
More

Check it out, Bob. Another neighbor gets nationally recognized, sending the two of us down yet another notch.
that's awesome.

yeah, I keep wondering when I'm gonna hit the bottom and they just kick me out of the neighborhood.  General MSU thread - Page 9 2599972566
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next