Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Y'all rave? EDC in Vegas #PrayForOTPT

+6
Tim Wakefield
Robert J Sakimano
Watch Out Pylon!
tGreenWay
Turtleneck
Other Teams Pursuing That
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Y'all rave? EDC in Vegas #PrayForOTPT Empty Y'all rave? EDC in Vegas #PrayForOTPT

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-06-14, 13:34

Y'all rave? EDC in Vegas #PrayForOTPT 502811600 I'm not sure I'm going to be alive on Monday.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Y'all rave? EDC in Vegas #PrayForOTPT Empty Re: Y'all rave? EDC in Vegas #PrayForOTPT

Post by Turtleneck 2016-06-14, 13:39

OTPT, you are about to make good on the life you have been given. Enjoy!

Y'all rave? EDC in Vegas #PrayForOTPT EDC-Las-Vegas-2013-13-630x350

Y'all rave? EDC in Vegas #PrayForOTPT Edc-day1020_t608

Y'all rave? EDC in Vegas #PrayForOTPT 21ef4ade0fb0975ccbe5e4c4ad36825d

However, you will also be surrounded by people you might not otherwise want anything to do with. You will be too, uhhh, you know, mentally relaxed to notice.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Y'all rave? EDC in Vegas #PrayForOTPT Empty Re: Y'all rave? EDC in Vegas #PrayForOTPT

Post by tGreenWay 2016-06-14, 13:41

That should be your Twitter and/or insta hashtag to post picks. We can follow along. #Pray4OTPT
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-06-14, 13:42

@EDC_LasVegas
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-06-14, 13:47

Take a bunch of pictures and post them here.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-06-14, 14:01

Roc needs to step the fuck up. We could have swill live reporting from EDC on Twitter. Expand our base
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-06-14, 14:03

#PrayForOTPTAndThankTheLordSpringsteenThatIAmNotOTPT

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-06-14, 14:12

#RocsucksatTwitter
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2016-06-14, 14:18

Not really my scene. Don't think I would go, but I would probably have fun if I did
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-06-14, 14:20

Tim Wakefield wrote:Not really my scene. Don't think I would go, but I would probably have fun if I did

I used to make fun of it.. And then I went to one at red rocks. Changed my life. And the talent is top notch.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2016-06-14, 14:35

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
I used to make fun of it.. And then I went to one at red rocks. Changed my life.  
Y'all rave? EDC in Vegas #PrayForOTPT Howtomakefriendsatedc_705x470_0
We see.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-06-14, 14:36

I.B. Fine wrote:
I used to make fun of it.. And then I went to one at red rocks. Changed my life.  
We see.

The Izzone made it. Sweet.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-06-14, 14:38

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:
We see.

The Izzone made it. Sweet.

Y'all rave? EDC in Vegas #PrayForOTPT 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-06-28, 13:40

Y'all rave? EDC in Vegas #PrayForOTPT Nocturnal_wonderland_2016_an_insomniac_news_700x430_r01

Y'all rave? EDC in Vegas #PrayForOTPT Nocturnal-wonderland-tree-stage
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2021-04-02, 23:20

OTPT have you watched What We Started on Netflix? Y'all rave? EDC in Vegas #PrayForOTPT 3493939353

Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-04-02, 23:24

OTPT, any thoughts on Amelie Lens? She is getting a lot of hype and makes some seriously great tracks. Overall, female DJs are making some of the best sounds right now, although Carl Cox from the trailer Nordic posted is one of all time favorites.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-04-03, 11:14

Nordic wrote:OTPT have you watched What We Started on Netflix? Y'all rave? EDC in Vegas #PrayForOTPT 3493939353

Pretty sure I’ve watched it or at least most of it. Maybe worth another. God I miss shows.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-04-03, 11:20

Turtleneck wrote:OTPT, any thoughts on Amelie Lens? She is getting a lot of hype and makes some seriously great tracks. Overall, female DJs are making some of the best sounds right now, although Carl Cox from the trailer Nordic posted is one of all time favorites.

I haven't, what tracks should I start with?

Rezz is probably my favorite female dj at the moment

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-04-03, 11:45

Turtleneck wrote:OTPT, any thoughts on Amelie Lens? She is getting a lot of hype and makes some seriously great tracks. Overall, female DJs are making some of the best sounds right now, although Carl Cox from the trailer Nordic posted is one of all time favorites.

I'm not a fan of the style of house that is incredibly popular in the U.S. right now, but I don't think Rezz entirely fits into that category. Other females to check out are Charlotte de Witte, Rebekah, Maya Jane Coles, Eris Drew and Octo Octa. All really popular right now, which is great since it has always seemed male dominated across all the styles of electronic music. But a lot of females making great music.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-04-03, 13:04

My 16 year old nephew started making this. Posting it to you tubes. Wondering if he's a superstar yet. Sounds the same as the rest.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2021-04-03, 13:06

AvgMSUJoe wrote:My 16 year old nephew started making this. Posting it to you tubes. Wondering if he's a superstar yet. Sounds the same as the rest.
Super popular in S. Africa.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-04-03, 13:14

Just looked... From the view count, doesn't look like he's a superstar yet.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-04-03, 13:28

Turtleneck wrote:

I'm not a fan of the style of house that is incredibly popular in the U.S. right now, but I don't think Rezz entirely fits into that category. Other females to check out are Charlotte de Witte, Rebekah, Maya Jane Coles, Eris Drew and Octo Octa. All really popular right now, which is great since it has always seemed male dominated across all the styles of electronic music. But a lot of females making great music.

What about Anna Lunoe? When global dance festival was at red rocks (before they moved it to the fucking parking lot of the mile high Rolling Eyes) she was at a side stage by the concessions and I fell in love.

Geronte
Geronte

CORNER BLITZ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-04-03, 13:29

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Just looked... From the view count, doesn't look like he's a superstar yet.

definitely doesn't sound like the rest, there are a lot of different subgenres. thanks for sharing, very neat. wish i had the discipline to get into it. probably a great creative outlet for the kid.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-04-03, 14:17

Turtleneck wrote:

What about Anna Lunoe? When global dance festival was at red rocks (before they moved it to the fucking parking lot of the mile high Rolling Eyes) she was at a side stage by the concessions and I fell in love.

A little too much of that house style I am not a fan of. We need an electronic music thread, bro.

Last edited by Turtleneck on 2021-04-03, 14:49; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-04-03, 14:20

this could be it, bro. to be honest, i just can't get hype for techno at the moment..maybe one day. i know nordy fucks with some techno in detroit at movement

what else are you into besides techno?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-04-03, 14:30

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:this could be it, bro. to be honest, i just can't get hype for techno at the moment..maybe one day. i know nordy fucks with some techno in detroit at movement

I just started a thread. More of a what are you listening to though. Speaking of Detroit, what a huge impact on techno music, and I have recently started revisting Detroit Tecno and especially Robert Hood. 

I fell into the genre the first time I heard the Chemical Brothers. I still love them to this day. 

Last edited by Turtleneck on 2021-04-03, 14:59; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-04-03, 14:48

And back to this thread, OTPT.

I have been listening to a lot of downtempo and more ambient stuff. I listened to these albums in the last couple of days. Both excellent.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-04-03, 14:57

if i'm looking for that type of vibe, i usually go with tycho

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-04-03, 14:59

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:if i'm looking for that type of vibe, i usually go with tycho

Enjoy Tyco as well, OTPT. Good stuff.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-04-08, 00:51

OTPT, you ever check out any of the "lofi" stations on YouTube?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-04-08, 01:43

Turtleneck wrote:OTPT, you ever check out any of the "lofi" stations on YouTube?

Lo-Fi is money. I haven't necessarily listened to it on youtube, but here's my favorite lo-fi playlist on Spotify. relaxing and great beats.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37i9dQZF1DWWQRwui0ExPn?si=-eGOmrpvSWSF-z0Xrrupqw
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2021-04-08, 08:09

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:this could be it, bro. to be honest, i just can't get hype for techno at the moment..maybe one day. i know nordy fucks with some techno in detroit at movement

I really don't know what the different styles are or what mine is to be honest. Same with artist (obviously I know the big names like Tong, Garrix, Deadmau5). If we try to talk music, I'll sound like a complete imbecile. I just listen and rage. 

I used to listen to fast heavy hard beats 10-15 yrs ago. A lot of BPM on XM. Too neurotic for me now. I've definitely gone more mellow as I get older. I guess I'm more House/Deep House/Downtempo now. Oddly the more chill songs keep me focused and energized during a workout. XM Chill channel is a fav. Soul Cycle seems pretty sweet good too, but my new rig doesn't have XM anymore. I use YouTube Music mostly now. Add tracks from Chill or other to a playlist and let it run.out. Add new tracks that pop up. I'm not very cutting edge that is for sure. I don't listen to music a lot... gym and driving mostly, so songs stay on my playlist for 6+ months.

Last edited by Nordic on 2021-04-08, 08:29; edited 1 time in total
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Turtleneck likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2021-04-08, 08:22

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Just looked... From the view count, doesn't look like he's a superstar yet.

Very good. A little too techno for my tastes, but very cool.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2021-04-08, 08:24

Turtleneck wrote:

I think you guys are more festival/long sets than I am. I'm more quick tracks. But if I'm rocking a festival I'd be hanging at this stage.  Y'all rave? EDC in Vegas #PrayForOTPT 3493939353
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2021-04-08, 08:25

Turtleneck wrote:

I just started a thread. More of a what are you listening to though. Speaking of Detroit, what a huge impact on techno music, and I have recently started revisting Detroit Tecno and especially Robert Hood. 

I fell into the genre the first time I heard the Chemical Brothers. I still love them to this day. 

This is the stuff that got me into it back in the day.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2021-04-08, 08:41

Sampling from my gym playlist. I still like a good drop and some vocals.. What genre would you classify this?

Love this remix/remake

Last edited by Nordic on 2021-04-08, 08:43; edited 1 time in total
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2021-04-08, 08:41

And one for Dwags

Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-04-08, 09:51

Turtleneck wrote:OTPT, you ever check out any of the "lofi" stations on YouTube?

Lo-Fi is money. I haven't necessarily listened to it on youtube, but here's my favorite lo-fi playlist on Spotify. relaxing and great beats.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37i9dQZF1DWWQRwui0ExPn?si=-eGOmrpvSWSF-z0Xrrupqw

Each of these channels has a lot to explore, including other live streams, but here are a few. The animations are part of the appeal. You can stream some of them on Spotify as well.

There are a lot, and not limited by genre, style, and not always illustrated. A few more, but there are so many live electronic and jazz channels to sort through.

Last edited by Turtleneck on 2021-04-20, 23:02; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-04-08, 10:40

Nordic wrote:Sampling from my gym playlist. I still like a good drop and some vocals.. What genre would you classify this?

Maybe some variants of house? If you like a little vocals, I recommend Kelly Lee Owens.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next