Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possible hoops transfer: Bryn Forbes

+15
gvsparty
HillSpartan
WCS
SpartyHard
GRR Spartan
Youngblood 96
NigelUno
MJ
tGreenWay
InTenSity
Rodeo Burger
tig ol bitties
Turtleneck
sprtnbrn
BtothejizA
19 posters

Go down

Possible hoops transfer: Bryn Forbes Empty Possible hoops transfer: Bryn Forbes

Post by BtothejizA May 19th 2014, 3:16 pm

http://www.cleveland.com/sports/college/index.ssf/2014/05/cleveland_states_bryn_forbes_a.html

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/61817/bryn-forbes

The 7 footer from USF would probably fit in better, I wouldn't be mad at getting a 42% 3pt shooter though. Looks like he played HS ball with DV at Sexton.
BtothejizA
BtothejizA
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Possible hoops transfer: Bryn Forbes Empty Re: Possible hoops transfer: Bryn Forbes

Post by BtothejizA May 19th 2014, 3:21 pm

Totally forgot that the USF kid already picked UF. If Wesley is the other of the 3 transfers we are looking at then I'd guess that this kid is a lock. Good Harris replacement if we can get him eligible right away with the family issues ala Arnett.
BtothejizA
BtothejizA
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Possible hoops transfer: Bryn Forbes Empty Re: Possible hoops transfer: Bryn Forbes

Post by sprtnbrn May 19th 2014, 3:31 pm

We need guards like there's no tomorrow on next year's roster unless the freshmen and Ellis breakout. Forbes would definitely add depth.
sprtnbrn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck May 19th 2014, 3:42 pm

Possible hoops transfer: Bryn Forbes Dandakich
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by BtothejizA May 19th 2014, 3:47 pm

Turtleneck wrote:Possible hoops transfer: Bryn Forbes Dandakich

"Izzo continues the raping and pillaging of mid-major basketball"

BtothejizA
BtothejizA
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tig ol bitties May 19th 2014, 3:52 pm

kid can shoot
tig ol bitties
tig ol bitties
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger May 19th 2014, 3:57 pm

Very interesting player. He can obviously shoot, and he looks like he's built like a running back in the photo of him in the Plain Dealer. We could use some beef in the back court.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity May 19th 2014, 4:53 pm

Would he be putting in for a hardship transfer or whatever they are called and be available immediately?>
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay May 19th 2014, 4:54 pm

Rodeo Burger wrote:Very interesting player. He can obviously shoot, and he looks like he's built like a running back in the photo of him in the Plain Dealer. We could use some beef in the back court.

I always thought Matt Trannon could've transferred some of his football toughness onto the hoop court. Now, all we have is "what might have been" for Izzo & Co.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ May 19th 2014, 4:56 pm

Didn't Wesley from USC announce he was going to Gonzaga?
MJ
MJ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno May 19th 2014, 4:58 pm

MJ wrote:Didn't Wesley from USC announce he was going to Gonzaga?

Yes.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Youngblood 96 May 19th 2014, 4:59 pm

I really like the fact that this kid played along side DV in high school.  Familiarity would make this an easy transition for him.
Youngblood 96
Youngblood 96
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by BtothejizA May 19th 2014, 5:07 pm

Youngblood 96 wrote:I really like the fact that this kid played along side DV in high school.  Familiarity would make this an easy transition for him.

Yeah. Denzel loses his BFF to the NBA only to gain a HS teammate.
BtothejizA
BtothejizA
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by BtothejizA May 19th 2014, 5:10 pm

InTenSity wrote:Would he be putting in for a hardship transfer or whatever they are called and be available immediately?>

Don't know, this bit makes me think he would and would probably get it though.

Personal issues at home, where the Vikings leading scorer has a son, along with medical issues with his sister, led Forbes to ask CSU officials to speak with the Spartans.
BtothejizA
BtothejizA
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan May 19th 2014, 5:36 pm

BtothejizA wrote:Totally forgot that the USF kid already picked UF. If Wesley is the other of the 3 transfers we are looking at then I'd guess that this kid is a lock. Good Harris replacement if we can get him eligible right away with the family issues ala Arnett.

How can he be a good replacement for Harris when he's only 6' 3"?  Basketball 
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by BtothejizA May 19th 2014, 7:21 pm

GRR Spartan wrote:

How can he be a good replacement for Harris when he's only 6' 3"?   Basketball 

That means he's 5-11 with no shoes on.
BtothejizA
BtothejizA
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartyHard May 19th 2014, 7:28 pm

BtothejizA wrote:

That means he's 5-11 with no shoes on.

I'd plus 1 the shit out of that if I could.
SpartyHard
SpartyHard
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WCS May 19th 2014, 8:02 pm

SpartyHard wrote:

I'd plus 1 the shit out of that if I could.

we don't do that here...+1 is dumb.
WCS
WCS
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Youngblood 96 May 19th 2014, 8:51 pm

WCS wrote:

we don't do that here...+1 is dumb.

Youngblood 96
Youngblood 96
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 19th 2014, 8:52 pm

David Harns ‏@isportsDave 38m
MT @NickCaminoWTAM: Big blow for the Cleveland St men's b-ball team. Sources confirm that leading scorer Bryn Forbes is transferring to MSU
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by BtothejizA May 19th 2014, 8:54 pm

Nice. Hope he gets eligibility for next season, may be the starting 2. 42% from 3 will be fun to watch.
BtothejizA
BtothejizA
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger May 19th 2014, 8:58 pm

LooseGoose wrote:David Harns ‏@isportsDave  38m
MT @NickCaminoWTAM: Big blow for the Cleveland St men's b-ball team. Sources confirm that leading scorer Bryn Forbes is transferring to MSU

Possible hoops transfer: Bryn Forbes 3434560931 
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity May 19th 2014, 9:10 pm

Welcome aboard! Great news.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HillSpartan May 19th 2014, 9:24 pm

http://www.freep.com/article/20140519/SPORTS07/305190180/michigan-state-bryn-forbes

According to Joe Rexrode, there hasn't been any contact yet between this kid and MSU.
HillSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by BtothejizA May 19th 2014, 9:41 pm

HillSpartan wrote:http://www.freep.com/article/20140519/SPORTS07/305190180/michigan-state-bryn-forbes

According to Joe Rexrode, there hasn't been any contact yet between this kid and MSU.

Hmm, I guess we could be waiting on Harris.

It's actually weird how similar the two players are in terms on measureables and stats. About 16/3/2 and 42% from 3 vs 17/3/2 and 42% from 3. Both 6-3 180/190ish. Harris played a little better competition, but Forbes dropped 22 on Kentucky.

I could see us just going with the Lansing kid now though.

BtothejizA
BtothejizA
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by gvsparty May 19th 2014, 10:40 pm

The only problem with the Forbes kid is that he doesn't seem to do much beyond shoot threes at a high percentage. Don't get me wrong, that's a great thing to have, but I think that Eron Harris kid we are after is a really good shooter as well as being capable of taking it to the rim.
gvsparty
gvsparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno May 19th 2014, 10:43 pm

gvsparty wrote:The only problem with the Forbes kid is that he doesn't seem to do much beyond shoot threes at a high percentage. Don't get me wrong, that's a great thing to have, but I think that Eron Harris kid we are after is a really good shooter as well as being capable of taking it to the rim.

Eron Harris has to sit out a year though.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by gvsparty May 19th 2014, 10:48 pm

NigelUno wrote:

Eron Harris has to sit out a year though.

True, but there's no guarantee that Forbes will be eligible immediately either. Seems likely with the ailing family member aspect of the story, but the NCAA has fucked over plenty of kids.
gvsparty
gvsparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by BtothejizA May 19th 2014, 11:06 pm

gvsparty wrote:The only problem with the Forbes kid is that he doesn't seem to do much beyond shoot threes at a high percentage. Don't get me wrong, that's a great thing to have, but I think that Eron Harris kid we are after is a really good shooter as well as being capable of taking it to the rim.

Eh, 53% of Forbes' shots were from 3 last year vs 50% for Harris. Haven't seen either play but the stats say they are both shooters.
BtothejizA
BtothejizA
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe May 19th 2014, 11:29 pm

Bryn? Eron? WTF?
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by BtothejizA May 19th 2014, 11:42 pm

Death Roe wrote:Bryn? Eron? WTF?

It's like Game of Thrones.
BtothejizA
BtothejizA
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WBill May 20th 2014, 8:57 am

Likely to be the last year anyone gets a hardship waiver....the sentiment is to get rid of the ability to play immediately but give them a 6th year.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2014/4/20/5632490/ncaa-proposal-eliminate-transfer-waivers
WBill
WBill
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Possible hoops transfer: Bryn Forbes Empty Bryn Forbes...

Post by headeast May 20th 2014, 4:18 pm

Any info on this kid, transfer from Cleveland State, looking at MSU...played with Valentine at Lansing Sexton...would post a link but I can't for 7 days...
headeast
headeast
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity May 20th 2014, 4:21 pm

Bump for headeast.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake May 20th 2014, 4:27 pm

headeast wrote:Any info on this kid, transfer from Cleveland State, looking at MSU...played with Valentine at Lansing Sexton...would post a link but I can't for 7 days...

He's a mystery and the board has never heard of him or discussed him potentially playing here.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by headeast May 20th 2014, 4:30 pm

InTenSity wrote:Bump for headeast.

Thanks, still trying to find my way around...
headeast
headeast
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 8th 2019, 5:04 am

Niyo: Hard work earns ex-Spartan Bryn Forbes a solid NBA career
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay January 8th 2019, 10:26 am

LooseGoose wrote:Niyo: Hard work earns ex-Spartan Bryn Forbes a solid NBA career

Thanks for posting that, Goose. That was a great read. Didn’t know Forbes has started every game this year for the Spurs.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down