Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy 4th of July! Here's a post about Tom Izzo to make you happy.

2 posters

Go down

Article Happy 4th of July! Here's a post about Tom Izzo to make you happy.

Post by SpartanInNH 2016-07-04, 11:31

I don't know where I got this, as I don't read Bleacher Report, but I bookmarked it. Must have picked it up from one of you bastages. But this flat-out made me smile:

In Europe, coaches get creative. They like to put their athletes through the gauntlet, especially the Americans who flood their leagues. It’s like they’re trying to break them, says Anagonye. It works on some guys, but those guys weren’t coached by Tom Izzo.

“We had three- and four-hour practices at 5 a.m, I’ve been done that,” said Anagonye, recalling a workout with a European coach. “He wanted me to run. ’Oh, you want me to run? I’ll go run. You don’t mind? I’ll go run!’ And we went running. He ran with us. We ran in the morning, it was crazy, after the game—we go for a run in the woods. And he was surprised, he said ‘most Americans would hate this and complain.’ And I was like, ‘No, I’ve done this before. You want to run? Let’s go run.’”

Other players often whined, said Anagonye. That was normal, especially for some players from the United States. Anagonye just laughed.

“At the end, people would always say, ‘Yeah, you played at Michigan State.’ They already knew. They already knew that we’re some tough guys and we can handle a lot of stuff,” he said.

Michigan State Basketball: What it means to be a senior for Tom Izzo

Happy Izzo Day! Basketball
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Article Re: Happy 4th of July! Here's a post about Tom Izzo to make you happy.

Post by DWags 2016-07-04, 11:37

SpartanInNH wrote:I don't know where I got this, as I don't read Bleacher Report, but I bookmarked it. Must have picked it up from one of you bastages. But this flat-out made me smile:

In Europe, coaches get creative. They like to put their athletes through the gauntlet, especially the Americans who flood their leagues. It’s like they’re trying to break them, says Anagonye. It works on some guys, but those guys weren’t coached by Tom Izzo.

“We had three- and four-hour practices at 5 a.m, I’ve been done that,” said Anagonye, recalling a workout with a European coach. “He wanted me to run. ’Oh, you want me to run? I’ll go run. You don’t mind? I’ll go run!’ And we went running. He ran with us. We ran in the morning, it was crazy, after the game—we go for a run in the woods. And he was surprised, he said ‘most Americans would hate this and complain.’ And I was like, ‘No, I’ve done this before. You want to run? Let’s go run.’”

Other players often whined, said Anagonye. That was normal, especially for some players from the United States. Anagonye just laughed.

“At the end, people would always say, ‘Yeah, you played at Michigan State.’ They already knew. They already knew that we’re some tough guys and we can handle a lot of stuff,” he said.

Michigan State Basketball: What it means to be a senior for Tom Izzo

Happy Izzo Day! Basketball

Nice
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down