Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hawkeye DL says he nearly became another statistic

4 posters

Go down

Hawkeye DL says he nearly became another statistic Empty Hawkeye DL says he nearly became another statistic

Post by SpartanInNH 2016-07-24, 11:52

Ekakitie wrote in a Facebook post that approximately five Iowa City police officers stopped him and four guns were pointed at him as police searched for a suspect who had robbed a nearby bank 10 minutes earlier.

"My pockets were checked, my backpack was opened up and searched carefully, and I was asked to lift up my shirt while they searched my waistband," Ekakitie wrote. "Not once did they identify themselves to me as Iowa City Police officers, but with four gun barrels staring me in the face, I wouldn't dare question the authority of the men and woman in front of me. This is what happened from my point of view."

Ekakitie said he did not initially respond to police orders to stop because he was approached from behind and was wearing headphones.

"In this situation, what the media would fail to let people know is that the suspect had his headphones in the entire time the Police Officers approached him initially," Ekakitie wrote. "The suspect had actually just pulled up to the park because he was playing a newly popular Game called Pokémon Go. The suspect didn't realize that there were four cops behind him because his music was blaring in his ears. The suspect had reached into his pockets, for something which was his phone, but for all the cops could have known, he was reaching for a gun. The suspect could very well become another statistic on this day.

"I am not one to usually rant on Facebook or anywhere else, but with all of the crazy things that have been happening in our world these past couple of weeks it is hard to stay silent. I am thankful to be alive."

Faith Ekakitie of Iowa Hawkeyes stopped by police at gunpoint over mistaken identity

No
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Hawkeye DL says he nearly became another statistic Empty Re: Hawkeye DL says he nearly became another statistic

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-07-24, 13:58

Fucking music.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Hawkeye DL says he nearly became another statistic Empty Re: Hawkeye DL says he nearly became another statistic

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2016-07-24, 14:04

What is he staying silent about? That the cops did their job?

The media sucks dick
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-07-24, 15:06

Seems kinda dumb, I know law enforcement is a tough position but where is the common sense? Guy who robs a bank is going to be strolling in the park with headphones on, blissfully unaware of his surroundings?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-07-24, 15:18

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Seems kinda dumb, I know law enforcement is a tough position but where is the common sense? Guy who robs a bank is going to be strolling in the park with headphones on, blissfully unaware of his surroundings?

exactly..  Hawkeye DL says he nearly became another statistic 1431518612
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down