Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trump's Turn. Is it real? How long will it last?

+5
Travis of the Cosmos
TheReal_LWS
GRR Spartan
Robert J Sakimano
Turtleneck
9 posters

Go down

Trump's Turn. Is it real? How long will it last? Empty Trump's Turn. Is it real? How long will it last?

Post by Turtleneck 2016-08-19, 12:26

Trump makes some changes in his campaign and then suddenly decides - rather weakly - to own some of this comments. Clearly he got some advice he thought was worth taking. He now says he regrets some of the comments he made in the past. Personally, it seems rather meaningless and is clearly a last ditch effort to turn his campaign around. Can it work? 538 warns Ds not to get too comfortable.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/election-update-why-clinton-doesnt-have-this-race-locked-up/?ex_cid=538twitter

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Trump's Turn. Is it real? How long will it last? Empty Re: Trump's Turn. Is it real? How long will it last?

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-19, 13:05

Turtleneck wrote:Trump makes some changes in his campaign and then suddenly decides - rather weakly - to own some of this comments. Clearly he got some advice he thought was worth taking. He now says he regrets some of the comments he made in the past. Personally, it seems rather meaningless and is clearly a last ditch effort to turn his campaign around. Can it work? 538 warns Ds not to get too comfortable.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/election-update-why-clinton-doesnt-have-this-race-locked-up/?ex_cid=538twitter

of course his racism, bigotry, misogyny and hatred of America doesn't preclude him from being elected... just look at his supporters.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Trump's Turn. Is it real? How long will it last? Empty Re: Trump's Turn. Is it real? How long will it last?

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-08-19, 13:24

It's The Lee strategy.  
Trump is hoping the voters will recognize it as The Brenda Lee version

I suspect critics including myself will respond with the Peggy Lee retort.

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2016-08-19, 13:38

Still a better choice than Bill's husband.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-08-19, 13:42

TheReal_LWS wrote:Still a better choice than Bill's husband.

You gotta stop making they fucking joke my man. I swear. I'm going to get in so much trouble with my boss because I've been laughing so much over here. Seriously. Please stop. I can't even take it anymore. Trump's Turn. Is it real? How long will it last? 1f602 Trump's Turn. Is it real? How long will it last? 1f602 Trump's Turn. Is it real? How long will it last? 1f602 Trump's Turn. Is it real? How long will it last? 1f602 Trump's Turn. Is it real? How long will it last? 1f602
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-08-19, 13:43

I see god still hasn't gotten around to respecting women. Hopefully that message is in the next bible study.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-08-19, 13:47

It was not funny the first time.

Trump is the antithesis to the framer's intent, his economic policies are the perfect ingredients for a recession, he is clueless about world affairs, and he is a xenophobe. Beyond all of that, he might be a better choice. Except he is not a better choice. Maybe the better choice is not running, or already lost in the primaries, but he certainly is not a better choice.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-08-19, 13:47

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I see god still hasn't gotten around to respecting women. Hopefully that message is in the next bible study.

As long as they're in the kitchen or in the bedroom giving birth they're OK I guess.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-08-19, 13:50

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I see god still hasn't gotten around to respecting women. Hopefully that message is in the next bible study.

As long as they're in the kitchen or in the bedroom giving birth they're OK I guess.

"Honey, as soon as you're done giving birth you're going to make dinner, right? It's just that I noticed nothing was ready when I got home. No hurry, but I'm really hungry. Thanks!"
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-08-19, 18:09

Never mind.

http://m.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/2016/0819/Trump-hands-his-campaign-to-the-alt-right-movement?cmpid=FB

Trump hands his campaign to the 'alt-right' movement
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2016-08-19, 19:01

Turtleneck wrote:

It was not funny the first time.

Trump is the antithesis to the framer's intent, his economic policies are the perfect ingredients for a recession, he is clueless about world affairs, and he is a xenophobe. Beyond all of that, he might be a better choice. Except he is not a better choice. Maybe the better choice is not running, or already lost in the primaries, but he certainly is not a better choice.

Sad thing is, chances are excellent Trump or Hillary will be our next President. You know exactly what you are getting with Hillary, and I think, gender aside, she is not at all 'the framer's intent' either.
I think Trump is showing some sign of learning, however small it may be, meanwhile, Hills is laying low, because she knows, every time she speaks, she turns off more people.
I'm looking for a viable alternative, know something I don't?
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-08-19, 22:04

Who is supporting Trump?
Polling tells us fewer white males than supported Romney in '12
Losing educated white males compared to Romney
Fewer GOP women than voted for Romney
Fewer Hispanics than voted for Romney

Trump is winning white males 18-54 who don't have a college degree.

Trump is learning he needed to start acting like he was capable of being Presidential 450 days ago when he was insulting his way through the very crowded GOP primary. Instead he gave the Democrats two campaign's worth of very recent sound bytes.

Wait until Holloween when the Clinton campaign breaks out the video of Trump insulting Mrs. Khan followed by Trump accepting a Purple Heart and saying it was easier than earning one.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-09-14, 19:26

Makada ‏@_Makada_ 54m54 minutes ago
Trump in Flint: It Used To Be That We Built Cars In Flint & Couldn't Drink Water In Mexico, Now It's The Opposite.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2016-09-14, 20:14

LooseGoose wrote:Makada ‏@_Makada_ 54m54 minutes ago
Trump in Flint: It Used To Be That We Built Cars In Flint & Couldn't Drink Water In Mexico, Now It's The Opposite.

Lol
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-09-14, 20:30

CheesySpartan wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Makada ‏@_Makada_ 54m54 minutes ago

Lol

Like him or not ya gotta admit that's a good line on the stump.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-09-14, 23:06

I missed the part where he described what he would do to fix those issues.

Is he going to stop Ford from investing about $1.7B in Mexico?
Is he going to invest the millions Flint still needs to repair what its emergency managers brought to Flint?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-09-15, 07:48

I'd love to have witnessed how quick he had his staff disinfect him when he left the stage in Flint.. Trump's Turn. Is it real? How long will it last? 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-09-15, 08:21

GRR Spartan wrote:I missed the part where he described what he would do to fix those issues.

Is he going to stop Ford from investing about $1.7B in Mexico?
Is he going to invest the millions Flint still needs to repair what its emergency managers brought to Flint?

He didn't GRR, as I said it was a good stump line. And who cares what a politician says they're going to do to "fix" an issue? It's all lies anyway,.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-09-15, 08:31

wonder if Cheeto Hitler mentioned this..

Trump's Turn. Is it real? How long will it last? 0

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down