Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All you old folk are using Spotify, right?

+15
Herbie Green
InTenSity
GRR Spartan
Floyd Robertson
MiamiSpartan
Rocinante
P Rob
Robert J Sakimano
Blanch32
SpartanInNH
DWags
Cameron
tGreenWay
Tim Wakefield
Other Teams Pursuing That
19 posters

Go down

All you old folk are using Spotify, right? Empty All you old folk are using Spotify, right?

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon 22 Aug 2016 - 1:22

If not, do. Thank you.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

All you old folk are using Spotify, right? Empty Re: All you old folk are using Spotify, right?

Post by Tim Wakefield Mon 22 Aug 2016 - 1:25

You got some good playlists bro? I have Premium just cause it's so cheap. I don't have any of my own playlists, I just follow my buddy who's really into music and listen to his stuff.
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

All you old folk are using Spotify, right? Empty Re: All you old folk are using Spotify, right?

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon 22 Aug 2016 - 1:26

Actually, not thank you, you guys thank me. My deepest apologies for this typo and potential misunderstanding.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon 22 Aug 2016 - 1:26

I have one EDM and one rap playlist you may be interested in wake. Will send them over however Spotify allows.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon 22 Aug 2016 - 4:03

I'm still using my Close-n-Play, OTPT.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Mon 22 Aug 2016 - 4:10

iPod classic all the way.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon 22 Aug 2016 - 6:20

8 tracks still rockin my house.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH Mon 22 Aug 2016 - 6:32

Who needs Spotify when you have CD's?
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Mon 22 Aug 2016 - 7:18

You poor bro? I own 800+ songs, all from the OG Napster
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon 22 Aug 2016 - 8:41

vinyl.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by P Rob Mon 22 Aug 2016 - 10:44

I play my recorder. Thats all anyone really needs.
P Rob
P Rob
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon 22 Aug 2016 - 11:53

Amazon prime work fine for me thanks.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Mon 22 Aug 2016 - 13:26

Blanch32 wrote:You poor bro? I own 800+ songs, all from the OG Napster
So you downloaded songs for free, and you're asking if someone else is poor?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon 22 Aug 2016 - 13:29

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:If not, do. Thank you.

What do you get out of it if I begin to use Spotify?  You seem eager to convert everyone.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Mon 22 Aug 2016 - 13:30

Is Spotify the updated name for Dick and Jane's dog?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Mon 22 Aug 2016 - 13:37

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:You poor bro? I own 800+ songs, all from the OG Napster
So you downloaded songs for free, and you're asking if someone else is poor?
Not only that but it pretty much means he hasn't downloaded anything since around 2000.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Mon 22 Aug 2016 - 13:38

Why?  I've tried spotify, but it's basically to find music that I already know of, and in most cases own. So what's the point?

As far as any online service, I prefer Pandora or YouTube, because both are ways for me to find bands that I've never heard before.

Cameron wrote:iPod classic all the way.
Cameron was probably joking, but this is the case for me.  Maybe that makes me old and outdated that I don't use my phone for music, but that's the way I roll.  I keep a few songs on my phone just in case I'm hankering for something and don't have my ipod with me.  But my ipod has over 100 GB of music, doesn't require an internet connection, and won't be interrupted by a phone call/text.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Mon 22 Aug 2016 - 13:50

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Why?  I've tried spotify, but it's basically to find music that I already know of, and in most cases own.  So what's the point?

As far as any online service, I prefer Pandora or YouTube, because both are ways for me to find bands that I've never heard before.

Cameron wrote:iPod classic all the way.
Cameron was probably joking, but this is the case for me.  Maybe that makes me old and outdated that I don't use my phone for music, but that's the way I roll.  I keep a few songs on my phone just in case I'm hankering for something and don't have my ipod with me.  But my ipod has over 100 GB of music, doesn't require an internet connection, and won't be interrupted by a phone call/text.

I was and am totally serious. I'm gonna rock my black 80gb iPod classic until it dies on me. I'm given to understand that using iPod classics is becoming kind of trendy among certain sects of hipsters, but that's not enough to put me off using mine, at least not yet.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon 22 Aug 2016 - 14:03

Miami Spartan - there are a plethora of options on Spotify to discover new music. Explore a little bit.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon 22 Aug 2016 - 14:04

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Actually, not thank you, you guys thank me. My deepest apologies for this typo and potential misunderstanding.

Floyd Robertson wrote:

What do you get out of it if I begin to use Spotify?  You seem eager to convert everyone.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Mon 22 Aug 2016 - 14:08

I am on my 3 month free google play trial. Should I be switching to Spotify when it is over on 10/4?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon 22 Aug 2016 - 14:10

Also me and a few friends split a spotify family account or some shit - I venmo him like $3 a month.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon 22 Aug 2016 - 14:11

I use Spotify otpt :)

I have a playlist of 350 or so songs that I use for tailgates. Use premium, dl them to a tablet and I'm good to go with Bluetooth and a speaker for Internet free hours of music listening to when reception might be spotty.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon 22 Aug 2016 - 14:12

Yes - make sure before you go somewhere without service/wifi, make the playlist you want available offline! This is key! Thank you Travis!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon 22 Aug 2016 - 14:14

Is Pandora the MySpace of streaming music?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon 22 Aug 2016 - 14:15

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Is Pandora the MySpace of streaming music?

LWS is the xanga of the swill.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon 22 Aug 2016 - 14:16

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Yes - make sure before you go somewhere without service/wifi, make the playlist you want available offline! This is key! Thank you Travis!

You're welcome :)
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon 22 Aug 2016 - 14:25

YouTube red.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Mon 22 Aug 2016 - 19:23

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Miami Spartan - there are a plethora of options on Spotify to discover new music. Explore a little bit.
Why? Does it narrow in to my tastes better, or with broader options of obscure bands than Pandora?

I think I remember looking at some public playlists or something, but it wasn't nearly as good.

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Is Pandora the MySpace of streaming music?
No, at least not yet. Maybe more like Pandora is the Twitter if Spotify is the Snapchat.

And it's not just the GenX and GenY groups that Pandora reaches. Pandora still reaches many more millenials than Spotify (about 35-40% more as of 6-8 months ago), and Millenials spend twice as much time listening to Pandora than Spotify.

No, I don't work for Pandora, and have no dog in the fight. But I've analyzed these numbers for clients interested in advertising with each of them.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Mon 22 Aug 2016 - 21:07

I miss songza
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Oct 2016 - 23:57

Sorry OTPT I waited and was rewarded by Amazon.

New music service $7.99 a month with a family plan coming for up to 6 people for $14.99.

I've been poking around in it today on a 30 day free trial and it's got a LOT more music than just Prime music.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Thu 13 Oct 2016 - 0:06

I've been on spotify since 2013. Fucking work just blocked it last week. All you old folk are using Spotify, right? 1896033241 All you old folk are using Spotify, right? 1896033241 All you old folk are using Spotify, right? 1896033241 All you old folk are using Spotify, right? 1896033241 All you old folk are using Spotify, right? 1896033241 All you old folk are using Spotify, right? 1896033241 All you old folk are using Spotify, right? 1896033241 All you old folk are using Spotify, right? 1896033241 All you old folk are using Spotify, right? 1896033241 All you old folk are using Spotify, right? 1896033241 All you old folk are using Spotify, right? 1896033241 All you old folk are using Spotify, right? 1896033241 All you old folk are using Spotify, right? 1896033241
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down