Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sam Bradford traded to Vikings

+6
kingstonlake
Dr. Strangelove
Cameron
Turtleneck
DWags
NigelUno
10 posters

Go down

Bolt Sam Bradford traded to Vikings

Post by NigelUno 2016-09-03, 10:57

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17454929/minnesota-vikings-trade-philadelphia-eagles-qb-sam-bradford

For a 1st Round pick in 2017 and a 4th round pick.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Bolt Re: Sam Bradford traded to Vikings

Post by DWags 2016-09-03, 10:59

NigelUno wrote:http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17454929/minnesota-vikings-trade-philadelphia-eagles-qb-sam-bradford

Fucking iggles. They hate the packers.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-09-03, 11:03

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17454929/minnesota-vikings-trade-philadelphia-eagles-qb-sam-bradford

Sounds like the Broncos made a run at Bradford also.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-09-03, 11:05

DWags wrote:

What is the over/under on how many games he will miss?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-09-03, 11:07

Turtleneck wrote:
DWags wrote:

What is the over/under on how many games he will miss?

< Teddy
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2016-09-03, 11:12

What a terrible deal for the Vikings. Highway robbery by the Eagles. Only way this makes sense is if Bridgewater's injury is a lot worse than they're letting on.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2016-09-03, 11:17

Cameron wrote:What a terrible deal for the Vikings. Highway robbery by the Eagles. Only way this makes sense is if Bridgewater's injury is a lot worse than they're letting on.

I'd say his injury was pretty fucking bad no matter how you slice it: dislocated knee with complete ACL tear. I agree though that they gave up too much for Bradford.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-09-03, 12:14

ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo 53m53 minutes ago
Bradford's 40.5 QBR is 4th-worst (min. 30 starts) since he entered the league in 2010.

Only Gabbert, Henne and Sanchez have been worse.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-09-03, 12:37

Cameron wrote:What a terrible deal for the Vikings. Highway robbery by the Eagles. Only way this makes sense is if Bridgewater's injury is a lot worse than they're letting on.

Ive read where they acted quick to save any semblance of a future. Sounded ugly and bad.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2016-09-03, 12:38

Wow, I'd have given up Stafford for that deal.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2016-09-03, 13:40

Heard a couple people talking that he could have lost part of his leg if not for a quick response

http://nesn.com/2016/09/was-teddy-bridgewater-in-danger-of-losing-leg-after-severe-knee-injury/
https://www.yahoo.com/news/teddy-bridgewaters-gruesome-injury-reportedly-153352820.html

1st rounder for Bradford is crazy though
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-09-03, 14:34

CORNER BLITZ wrote:

Heard a couple people talking that he could have lost part of his leg if not for a quick response

http://nesn.com/2016/09/was-teddy-bridgewater-in-danger-of-losing-leg-after-severe-knee-injury/
https://www.yahoo.com/news/teddy-bridgewaters-gruesome-injury-reportedly-153352820.html

1st rounder for Bradford is crazy though

If you follow the link to the yahoo story, I encourage those of you with weak stomachs to avoid the link to the page with photos and X-rays of similar previous previous injuries. If you like that kind of thing, you'll be Sam Bradford traded to Vikings 3434560931
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-09-03, 15:45

I would have to think that the Vikings got even more bad news regarding Bridgewater later in the week. I bet they waive him in a year or two using the injury clause and just move on.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2016-09-03, 16:52

I clicked the link to look at the x rays. I got cold feet and closed the tab before it loaded.
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-09-03, 16:56

Tim Wakefield wrote:I clicked the link to look at the x rays. I got cold feet and closed the tab before it loaded.

The X-rays aren't even the worst. There are pics in there of patients and their injuries. Very tough to look at. I only did it for the knowledge, or so I'm telling myself.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-09-03, 17:02

Want me to post pics of my knee surgery? The doctor was nice enough to give me screencaps of what was being done to my knee while it was happening. Sam Bradford traded to Vikings 1401550746
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-09-03, 17:06

Death Roe wrote:Want me to post pics of my knee surgery? The doctor was nice enough to give me screencaps of what was being done to my knee while it was happening. Sam Bradford traded to Vikings 1401550746

Those belong in tTy's Post Pictures of Yourself thread. I'm sure he'd enjoy you highjacking his thread. He always does, because he's so easygoing.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-09-03, 18:16

Sheil Kapadia ‏@SheilKapadia 2h2 hours ago
Sam Bradford vs. Mark Sanchez the last two years. One netted a 1st & 4th. The other was released for nothing.

Sam Bradford traded to Vikings CrdKdSlWIAA5b2l
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-09-25, 17:03

Vikings 3-0. Beat Panthers today.

Bradford looking good.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-09-25, 17:04

Vikings defense is scary. They destroyed Cam today.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-09-25, 17:10

Death Roe wrote:Vikings defense is scary. They destroyed Cam today.

Looks like they're for real. Beat Packers and Panthers.

Go Vikings!
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-09-25, 18:26

They traded up in QB's. That injury might win them a trip to the Super Bowl.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2016-09-25, 20:47

DWags wrote:They traded up in QB's. That injury might win them a trip to the Super Bowl.

Disagree. This is as good as Sam Bradford has ever been or will ever be. Bridgewater still has room to improve. I firmly believe that if he were healthy, he'd be demonstrably better than Bradford by playoff time.

Regardless, that looks like the best defense in the NFC for sure, maybe the best defense period. They're gonna be a tough out. Fuck I hate the Vikings.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-09-25, 21:02

Cameron wrote:
DWags wrote:They traded up in QB's. That injury might win them a trip to the Super Bowl.

Disagree. This is as good as Sam Bradford has ever been or will ever be. Bridgewater still has room to improve. I firmly believe that if he were healthy, he'd be demonstrably better than Bradford by playoff time.

Regardless, that looks like the best defense in the NFC for sure, maybe the best defense period. They're gonna be a tough out. Fuck I hate the Vikings.

Bradford's had a ton of injuries.

He had a pretty good rookie year (NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year), and has thrown for 3500+ yards in 3 different seasons. The guy is playing pretty well for getting traded that late (in a trade that was almost universally panned on this board), and now doing it without AP. The Vikes look like legit SB contenders.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2016-09-25, 21:40

NigelUno wrote:
Cameron wrote:

He had a pretty good rookie year (NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year), and has thrown for 3500+ yards in 3 different seasons. The guy is playing pretty well for getting traded that late (in a trade that was almost universally panned on this board), and now doing it without AP. The Vikes look like legit SB contenders.

Trade was panned because of what the vikes gave up compared to what Bradford has done
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-09-25, 23:39

Cameron wrote:

Was a pretty damn good trade.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-09-26, 00:08

CORNER BLITZ wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

He had a pretty good rookie year (NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year), and has thrown for 3500+ yards in 3 different seasons.  The guy is playing pretty well for getting traded that late (in a trade that was almost universally panned on this board), and now doing it without AP.  The Vikes look like legit SB contenders.  

Trade was panned because of what the vikes gave up compared to what Bradford has done

So far it looks like a pretty good trade for the Vikings.  I guess Pat Shurmur (with Vikings now, but with Eagles as OC before) made a good recommendation.  

Bradford was the #1 overall pick.  He's had a ton of injuries.  They got him for what will be (at least at this point) a late first round pick and a 4th round.  Looks like a steal right now.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2016-09-26, 00:36

NigelUno wrote:
CORNER BLITZ wrote:

So far it looks like a pretty good trade for the Vikings.  I guess Pat Shurmur (with Vikings now, but with Eagles as OC before) made a good recommendation.  

Bradford was the #1 overall pick.  He's had a ton of injuries.  They got him for what will be (at least at this point) a late first round pick and a 4th round.  Looks like a steal right now.

A steal? Jesus, do you own shares in the fucking team or something? Go take a cold shower Nigel.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2016-09-26, 00:41

I mean, really. They are winning because they have an elite defense. All they need (and all they have) is a caretaker quarterback. Kyle Orton would have been just perfect for them. Would anyone say a first and a fourth for Kyle Orton is a steal?

Am I wrong here and I just don't see it because I'm a Packers fan?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-09-26, 07:24

Cameron wrote:I mean, really. They are winning because they have an elite defense. All they need (and all they have) is a caretaker quarterback. Kyle Orton would have been just perfect for them. Would anyone say a first and a fourth for Kyle Orton is a steal?

Am I wrong here and I just don't see it because I'm a Packers fan?

I wouldn't have traded a 1st and 4th for Kyle Orton.

Because he retired after the 2014 season.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down