Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I guess this can start here: NCAA moving 7 championship events out of North Carolina

+11
Robert J Sakimano
Floyd Robertson
Jethro Bodeen
GRR Spartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
NigelUno
Travis of the Cosmos
TheReal_LWS
kingstonlake
InTenSity
Turtleneck
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I guess this can start here: NCAA moving 7 championship events out of North Carolina Empty I guess this can start here: NCAA moving 7 championship events out of North Carolina

Post by Turtleneck 2016-09-12, 20:40

The NCAA will move seven championship events this academic year from the state of North Carolina, including the first and second round of the 2017 NCAA men's basketball tournament, because of the state's controversial HB2 law.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/17533335/ncaa-pulls-7-championship-events-north-carolina
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

I guess this can start here: NCAA moving 7 championship events out of North Carolina Empty Re: I guess this can start here: NCAA moving 7 championship events out of North Carolina

Post by InTenSity 2016-09-12, 20:41

RIP duke
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

I guess this can start here: NCAA moving 7 championship events out of North Carolina Empty Re: I guess this can start here: NCAA moving 7 championship events out of North Carolina

Post by Turtleneck 2016-09-12, 20:43

InTenSity wrote:RIP duke

Oh yeah! No in-state Tournament games for Duke or UNC. I do not think the NCAA realizes what it just did. After they read this thread look for an immediate reversal of the decision.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-09-12, 20:46

They should pay first game in Hawaii and second in Maine.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-09-12, 20:50

A strong belief in tolerance for differing viewpoints is displayed with this move.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2016-09-12, 20:50

Duke will be given a bye to the sweet 16 until this is resolved.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-09-12, 20:55

LooseGoose wrote:A strong belief in tolerance for differing viewpoints that were written into law is displayed with this move.

Fixed.

Kind of an important addition to your statement. The NCAA is not simply responding to viewpoints, but instead responding to viewpoints that are now backed by the power of the law. That is an important addition.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-09-12, 20:57

kingstonlake wrote:Duke will be given a bye to the sweet 16 until this is resolved.

I guess this can start here: NCAA moving 7 championship events out of North Carolina 502811600
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-09-12, 21:13

Turtleneck wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:A strong belief in tolerance for differing viewpoints that were written into law is displayed with this move.
Fixed.
Kind of an important addition to your statement. The NCAA is not simply responding to viewpoints, but instead responding to viewpoints that are now backed by the power of the law. That is an important addition.

Amazingly that displays the power of democracy, and this displays the intolerance others have for differing viewpoints.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2016-09-12, 21:14

OTPT, please move this hot garbage.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-09-12, 21:16

Turtleneck wrote:

Fixed.

And the leftists can't get a majority to pass laws so they get the power of the courts to back them even as they yap about the will of the people.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-09-12, 21:18

TheReal_LWS wrote:OTPT, please move this hot garbage.

I was thinking of moving this until I got to this post. I don't want you to think you can bully the mods to bend to your will. So I'll wait.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2016-09-12, 21:19

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
TheReal_LWS wrote:OTPT, please move this hot garbage.

I was thinking of moving this until I got to this post. I don't want you to think you can bully the mods to bend to your will. So I'll wait.

ID10T
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-09-12, 21:20

TheReal_LWS wrote:

ID10T

Si11y :)
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-09-12, 21:32

Move them to Atlanta!
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-09-12, 21:34

LooseGoose wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
Fixed.

Amazingly that displays the power of democracy, and this displays the intolerance others have for differing viewpoints.

The city of Charlotte passed a city ordinance that prohibited discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity, but saw that ordinance effectively overturned by state legislation that permits such discrimination. So, please, continue to lecture us about the democratic process and respecting the will of the people.

Also, since you want to lecture us on tolerance, please tell us how the North Carolina law is not a violation of the equal protection and due processes clauses of the 14th Amendment? Or maybe you, as a person overwhelmingly concerned with tolerance, does not believe sexual orientation or gender identity are rights to be protected under the Constitution.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-09-12, 21:38

LooseGoose wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Fixed.

And the leftists can't get a majority to pass laws so they get the power of the courts to back them even as they yap about the will of the people.

Funny. Back when you disliked Trump, before you got your marching orders from the Oscoda County GOP, you were certainly skeptical of the will of the people.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-09-12, 21:38

Turtleneck wrote:gender identity ar rights to be protected by the Constitution.

Narrowing the screed down a bit. Where in the constitution are you finding the right to change your gender or to not even bother to change your gender but to simply claim that even you were born a man with a penis and testicles that now you're a female that should use the bathroom with little girls?

I'm kinda curious where Jefferson, Madison, Hamilton, etc anticipated that and accounted for it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-09-12, 21:40

Turtleneck wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Funny. Back when you disliked Trump, before you got your marching orders from the Oscoda County GOP, you were certainly skeptical of the will of the people.

Is there an Oscoda County GOP? When did I start liking Trump? He's still a puke in my book.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-09-12, 21:40

I guess this can start here: NCAA moving 7 championship events out of North Carolina 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-09-12, 21:43

LooseGoose wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Is there an Oscoda County GOP? When did I start liking Trump? He's still a puke in my book.

You might have to drive to Alcona County to pick up more Trump yard signs.
http://www.acrepublicans.com/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-09-12, 21:46

LooseGoose wrote:

Narrowing the screed down a bit. Where in the constitution are you finding the right to change your gender or to not even bother to change your gender but to simply claim that even you were born a man with a penis and testicles that now you're a female that should use the bathroom with little girls?

I'm kinda curious where Jefferson, Madison, Hamilton, etc anticipated that and accounted for it.

So I guess we see the limits of your tolerance.

"Hey, I don't think the framers envisioned this, so it is not protected by the Constitution."

I feel like that is a slippery slope, and such logic could be extended to any number of issues.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2016-09-12, 21:47

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCx0x0rigeQ
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-09-12, 21:48

TheReal_LWS wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCx0x0rigeQ

Stop making everything about politics, SD.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-09-12, 21:59

This thread went well, Turtleneck.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-09-12, 22:01

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:This thread went well, Turtleneck.

Please don't cave to lws otpt. Not yet.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-09-12, 22:02

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:This thread went well, Turtleneck.

Never surrender. I guess this can start here: NCAA moving 7 championship events out of North Carolina 1833121890
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-09-12, 22:06

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Never surrender. I guess this can start here: NCAA moving 7 championship events out of North Carolina 1833121890

If he wants us to move it then he can force us. Or he can try.

I guess this can start here: NCAA moving 7 championship events out of North Carolina TUKMeUhzcwrRu
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-09-12, 22:24

Guess the NCAA thinks a SCOTUS decsion announced in June '15 beats an after the fact NC law.

Its not like they weren't aware of the consequences. Mike Pence adjusted IN's law to keep the NCAA in Indianapolis.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2016-09-12, 22:26

GRR Spartan wrote:Guess the NCAA thinks a SCOTUS decsion announced in June '15 beats an after the fact NC law.

Its not like they weren't aware of the consequences. Mike Pence adjusted IN's law to keep the NCAA in Indianapolis.

The SCOTUS ruled on men using the ladies room?! news!
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-09-12, 22:28

So, it's decided. Move the games to Atlanta.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-09-12, 22:29

NigelUno wrote:So, it's decided. Move the games to Atlanta.

This is a Pistons board, Nigel.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-09-12, 22:29

Turtleneck wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

So I guess we see the limits of your tolerance.

"Hey, I don't think the framers envisioned this, so it is not protected by the Constitution."

I feel like that is a slippery slope, and such logic could be extended to any number of issues.

You said it was constitutionally protected so don't get pissy when I ask you where you find that to be.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-09-12, 22:31

NigelUno wrote:So, it's decided. Move the games to Atlanta.

This is a Pistons board, Nigel.

This thread isn't about the NBA.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jethro Bodeen 2016-09-12, 22:32

LooseGoose wrote:

Narrowing the screed down a bit.  Where in the constitution are you finding the right to change your gender or to not even bother to change your gender but to simply claim that even you were born a man with a penis and testicles that now you're a female that should use the bathroom with little girls?

The leftwing nuts in this country must constantly create new victims that must be catered to, regardless of whether or not it makes any common sense. Its the manner in which they try to keep their self-appointed moral high ground. Make-up a victim group, cook-up a bunch of exaggerated or outright phony injustice they face, then label the people that oppose special legislation as bigots, haters, racists etc. Then get a very liberal metropolitan area to pass crackpot and even illegal ( see "sanctuary cities) laws and dare anyone to oppose them with the threat of being called intollerant, hateful, racist, etc.

And now its clear- the NCAA has turned into a leftist  advocacy group and is clearly politicized to assist the Left turn this country even more into a chaotic cesspool of self-identified victims competing for money and favor from a tyranical government.

Im glad Im old. I'm glad I lived in an  America that was never perfect, but sane. All of you squishy uber-tolerance fucks that think you have all the answers can have the bedlam and tyranny you deserve for not having the common sense or the balls to stand up for common sense. You don't deserve the blessings of your parents and grandparents. And I can promise you that the people that take over in the next generation and maybe before will not afford the same "tolerance" to your candy-asses.
Jethro Bodeen
Jethro Bodeen
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-09-12, 22:35

I guess this can start here: NCAA moving 7 championship events out of North Carolina 2Q==
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-09-12, 22:41

Jethro Bodeen wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Narrowing the screed down a bit.  Where in the constitution are you finding the right to change your gender or to not even bother to change your gender but to simply claim that even you were born a man with a penis and testicles that now you're a female that should use the bathroom with little girls?

The leftwing nuts in this country must constantly create new victims that must be catered to, regardless of whether or not it makes any common sense. Its the manner in which they try to keep their self-appointed moral high ground. Make-up a victim group, cook-up a bunch of exaggerated or outright phony injustice they face, then label the people that oppose special legislation as bigots, haters, racists etc. Then get a very liberal metropolitan area to pass crackpot and even illegal ( see "sanctuary cities) laws and dare anyone to oppose them with the threat of being called intollerant, hateful, racist, etc.

And now its clear- the NCAA has turned into a leftist  advocacy group and is clearly politicized to assist the Left turn this country even more into a chaotic cesspool of self-identified victims competing for money and favor from a tyranical government.

Im glad Im old. I'm glad I lived in an  America that was never perfect, but sane. All of you squishy uber-tolerance fucks that think you have all the answers can have the bedlam and tyranny you deserve for not having the common sense or the balls to stand up for common sense. You don't deserve the blessings of your parents and grandparents. And I can promise you that the people that take over in the next generation and maybe before will not afford the same "tolerance" to your candy-asses.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-09-13, 10:02

I guess this can start here: NCAA moving 7 championship events out of North Carolina CsMmGsXXgAAf1_n

Tilt
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-09-13, 10:10

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2016-09-13, 10:29

TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next