Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greatest Movies/Sequels of All Time

+5
tGreenWay
MiamiSpartan
Ted Hightower
SeeRockCity
NigelUno
9 posters

Go down

Greatest Movies/Sequels of All Time Empty Greatest Movies/Sequels of All Time

Post by NigelUno Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:31 am

Rocky II on Esquire got me thinking about this.

So, of course you have Rocky and Rocky II...Godfather and Godfather II.

What else?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Greatest Movies/Sequels of All Time Empty Re: Greatest Movies/Sequels of All Time

Post by Guest Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:42 am

True Grit - Rooster Cogburn
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Greatest Movies/Sequels of All Time Empty Re: Greatest Movies/Sequels of All Time

Post by Guest Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:44 am

Dirty Harry - Magnum Force - The Enforcer - Sudden Impact - The Dead Pool
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:45 am

A Fistful of Dollars - For a Few Dollars More - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:59 am

Rocky won!!!

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:40 pm

Aliens
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ted Hightower Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:47 pm

Rocky III, Rocky IV
Ted Hightower
Ted Hightower
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:59 pm

Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back
Terminator, Terminator 2
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:55 pm

I hesitated to put down Star Wars, but Empire was only really planned in Lucas' head. The original was pretty self-containing, it wasn't a set up for Empire the way Empire was a set up for Jedi. The argument could go either way.

MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:18 pm

Easy peazy: Sharktopus ----> Pirhanaconda
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:35 pm

American Pie 2. Just wish MSU would have let them actually film at MSU.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:27 pm

gHost Spartan wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:I hesitated to put down Star Wars, but Empire was only really planned in Lucas' head.  The original was pretty self-containing, it wasn't a set up for Empire the way Empire was a set up for Jedi.  The argument could go either way.

Maybe - but I think the books already existed when Star Wars was filmed, although I could be totally wrong.  Embarassed 

Um, what?

The first Star Wars was definitely envisioned as a stand-alone story arc. Anything Lucas has ever said about having the whole thing planned in advance is bullshit, from every indication. He may have had a few character names jotted down on a list somewhere or something, but I don't believe for a second that Vader was Luke's father in Lucas's mind while the first film was in production.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:56 pm

Esquire Network killing it today.  Rocky on again, then Rocky II.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:40 pm

gHost Spartan wrote:
Cameron wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:I hesitated to put down Star Wars, but Empire was only really planned in Lucas' head.  The original was pretty self-containing, it wasn't a set up for Empire the way Empire was a set up for Jedi.  The argument could go either way.

Maybe - but I think the books already existed when Star Wars was filmed, although I could be totally wrong.  Embarassed 

Um, what?

The first Star Wars was definitely envisioned as a stand-alone story arc. Anything Lucas has ever said about having the whole thing planned in advance is bullshit, from every indication. He may have had a few character names jotted down on a list somewhere or something, but I don't believe for a second that Vader was Luke's father in Lucas's mind while the first film was in production.

That makes sense, actually. But I always thought the books were written before the movies.

Certainly not. A New Hope is mostly bits of Kurosawa films cobbled together with various science fiction influences from other sources. One of my favorite movies, but extremely unoriginal, when you really get right down to it.

I've never heard of anyone thinking Star Wars was based on books before, so I hit Wikipedia. Apparently, the first book came out about 6 months before the first film, but was based on the screenplay and intended as a novelization of the first movie. Weird stuff. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_From_the_Adventures_of_Luke_Skywalker
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMojoRisin Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:52 pm

I liked Beverly Hills Cop 2 as much as the 1st if not more.
MrMojoRisin
MrMojoRisin
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Tanner Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:59 pm

Home Alone and Home Alone 2
Jaws and Jaws 2
Danny Tanner
Danny Tanner
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down