Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This week's "I can't believe O'Connor is still playing" thread

+6
Dendrobates
Heat Miser
CORNER BLITZ
aualum06
Snake Plissken
Dr. Strangelove
10 posters

Go down

This week's "I can't believe O'Connor is still playing" thread Empty This week's "I can't believe O'Connor is still playing" thread

Post by Dr. Strangelove Sat 1 Oct 2016 - 20:23

IU game
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

This week's "I can't believe O'Connor is still playing" thread Empty Re: This week's "I can't believe O'Connor is still playing" thread

Post by Snake Plissken Sat 1 Oct 2016 - 20:25

I'm in
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

This week's "I can't believe O'Connor is still playing" thread Empty Re: This week's "I can't believe O'Connor is still playing" thread

Post by aualum06 Sat 1 Oct 2016 - 20:28

Just doesn't seem confident
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Sat 1 Oct 2016 - 20:30

He's the opposite of Maxwell

Maxwell lost confidence in his WR and it crushed him
WR don't have confidence in TOC and...
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Sat 1 Oct 2016 - 20:32

And he throws his best deep ball in my fucking eye

Thank you I'll have another
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Sat 1 Oct 2016 - 20:32

Threw a nice ball there.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Sat 1 Oct 2016 - 20:34

OK that was a nice one to shelton.

Look he's just like Byron Leftwich. Locks on receivers, no touch, takes forever to throw it but when he does put it all together (4 or 5 times a game) he throws a real pretty ball.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Sat 1 Oct 2016 - 20:35

Dr. Strangelove wrote:OK that was a nice one to shelton.

Look he's just like Byron Leftwich. Locks on receivers, no touch, takes forever to throw it but when he does put it all together (4 or 5 times a game) he throws a real pretty ball.

That's the first deep ball he's thrown to a guy in stride that I can remember
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Sat 1 Oct 2016 - 20:50

It's really pissing me off that he keeps passing when it's only a couple yards from the line of scrimmage or a couple yards short of the 1st down line. We don't have the offense to move forward , and he's going to get someone hurt if he keeps making those short passes.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Sat 1 Oct 2016 - 20:55

Are we sure O'Connor doesn't play in the defensive secondary?

I'm thinking that shitshow has to be his fault too
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken Sat 1 Oct 2016 - 21:09

CORNER BLITZ wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:OK that was a nice one to shelton.

That's the first deep ball he's thrown to a guy in stride that I can remember
A foot longer and it would have been a good pass and a TD
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sat 1 Oct 2016 - 21:23

Leftwich had a 9-10 year NFL career after a decent college career where he accounted for something like 13,000 yards of total offense and close to 100 TDs. Is that the best comparison? I don't see TOC putting up the kind of numbers Leftwich put up as a senior or having a decade long NFL career.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Sat 1 Oct 2016 - 21:32

Turtleneck wrote:Leftwich had a 9-10 year NFL career after a decent college career where he accounted for something like 13,000 yards of total offense and close to 100 TDs. Is that the best comparison? I don't see TOC putting up the kind of numbers Leftwich put up as a senior or having a decade long NFL career.

It's more in the mechanics in the way they both throw it - long windup, no touch, locking on receivers. Admittedly Leftwich is/was a better qb

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/L/LeftBy00.htm

9 years. 50 starts (38 starts in first three years), 58 tds and 42 picks
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly Sat 1 Oct 2016 - 21:36

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Leftwich had a 9-10 year NFL career after a decent college career where he accounted for something like 13,000 yards of total offense and close to 100 TDs. Is that the best comparison? I don't see TOC putting up the kind of numbers Leftwich put up as a senior or having a decade long NFL career.

It's more in the mechanics in the way they both throw it - long windup, no touch, locking on receivers. Admittedly Leftwich is/was a better qb

You're wrong about locking on receivers.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sat 1 Oct 2016 - 21:37

1 yard pass with 4 seconds left. Nice call.
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Sat 1 Oct 2016 - 21:38

He's just gotta say fuck it and put Lewerke in for 2nd half. Right?

Yeah I don't think so either.

Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sat 1 Oct 2016 - 21:42

Dr. Strangelove wrote:

For all of those poor mechanics, he managed a pretty nice college career and an NFL career that lasted nearly a decade and included 50 starts. I am just saying maybe not the most appropriate comparison. But it probably doesn't matter since nobody is really arguing with your general point that TOC is not getting it done.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Sat 1 Oct 2016 - 22:04

Scrap the program
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Sat 1 Oct 2016 - 22:07

TOC throws a better ball than IU's RB, so that's something...
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down