Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DTV v DISH...

+5
WhiteBoyHatcher
Death Roe
GRR Spartan
aualum06
Heat Miser
9 posters

Go down

DTV v DISH... Empty DTV v DISH...

Post by Heat Miser 2016-10-14, 19:44

Switched from DTV to DISH today (not by choice...thanks Condo Assn). Holy Hell is the DISH functionality for shit. Interface is not intuitive. Search is a complete clusterfuck. DTV v DISH... 1896033241

Any tips to ease the pain?
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

DTV v DISH... Empty Re: DTV v DISH...

Post by aualum06 2016-10-14, 19:48

I have dish I like it. Don't use the search though.
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-10-14, 19:54

Inlaws has Dish and its a turbul interface.

Only sugestion for college football and basketball is look for SBnation's weekly list of games and create a list of stations you get.

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-10-14, 20:08

My GF's parents have Dish. It feels like you're back in the early 2000s. I love DirecTV's interface.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-10-14, 20:13

I could probably lease 2 Kias for what I pay DirecTV monthly. I need to figure out a way to cut the sports cord.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2016-10-14, 20:17

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I could probably lease 2 Kias for what I pay DirecTV monthly. I need to figure out a way to cut the sports cord.

The upside is I'm getting all channels + sports package on DISH + fiber interwebs for $91/month. Downside is DISH UI just sucks balls.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2016-10-14, 20:42

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I could probably lease 2 Kias for what I pay DirecTV monthly. I need to figure out a way to cut the sports cord.

This. Same with Verizon cellular and Comcast internet.

That said, when I go to my old man's house and try to watch his Comcast cable with two sets of fucking stations (the normal ones and the HD ones) or watch my buddies shake their AT&T iPhones trying to get service on game days, I don't mind paying the extra scratch for convenience.

It is getting annoying though
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2016-10-15, 00:49

Cell phone, cable, internet bills are out of fuckin whack. Not sure how much longer us 'mericans are gonna sit here and take it up the butt.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2016-10-15, 01:14

By-Tor wrote:Cell phone, cable, internet bills are out of fuckin whack. Not sure how much longer us 'mericans are gonna sit here and take it up the butt.

Right?

Put me in a FEMA camp!!!!!
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2016-10-15, 11:34

Condo association can not dictate your satellite provider or the fact that you have a 1 meter dish. Direct violation of Communications Act of 1996
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-10-15, 12:03

My inlaws ended up with Dish because they got in on a 2 year @ $49/mth for a tier above the base package.

I'm guessing your association only saw $$$. You aren't going get them out of the new contract. Could get a PS4 and a Vue package but you're still paying for the skinfint Dish package.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2016-10-15, 13:01

Dr. Strangelove wrote:Condo association can not dictate your satellite provider or the fact that you have a 1 meter dish. Direct violation of Communications Act of 1996

Yes I can put a DTV dish on my balcony, but it's expensive and a giant PITA...but I'm considering it. DISH blows.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-10-15, 13:03

Dr. Strangelove wrote:Condo association can not dictate your satellite provider or the fact that you have a 1 meter dish. Direct violation of Communications Act of 1996

I had an old landlord at an apartment a few years ago say I couldn't get DTV. I cited that act after I did my research, and they then conveniently said it's always okay as long as it's in a concrete stand that can be moved.

So I had a DTV dish in my back patio with a concrete bucket and 2x4 attached to it. Looked so redneck, but it worked like a charm. The DTV guy even did it all himself, he must know the drill.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2016-10-15, 13:03

GRR Spartan wrote:My inlaws ended up with Dish because they got in on a 2 year @ $49/mth for a tier above the base package.

I'm guessing your association only saw $$$. You aren't going get them out of the new contract. Could get a PS4 and a Vue package but you're still paying for the skinfint Dish package.

Base DISH package & interwebs is free (part of condo fees).
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-10-15, 16:41

Sony Vue that has BTN, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPN News, FoxSports Detroit, FS1, FS2 and Network stuff. for $45/mth Pick up a PS4 for around $300. Ethernet from your modem to the PS4 and HDMI from the console to your TV.

You aren't effing around with a lot of extra cables and Direct TV is going to ding you for more than the $55/mth and the 2nd year of the contract.

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2016-10-15, 18:55

GRR Spartan wrote:Sony Vue that has BTN, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPN News, FoxSports Detroit, FS1, FS2 and Network stuff. for $45/mth Pick up a PS4 for around $300. Ethernet from your modem to the PS4 and HDMI from the console to your TV.

You aren't effing around with a lot of extra cables and Direct TV is going to ding you for more than the $55/mth and the 2nd year of the contract.

Too bad it's a pain in the ass to use. Takes forever to get going and then you have to navigate through their programming schedule. My wife said eff it when I tried to explain it to her.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down