Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How did this happen?

+6
Other Teams Pursuing That
InTenSity
Travis of the Cosmos
NigelUno
Robert J Sakimano
kingstonlake
10 posters

Go down

How did this happen? Empty How did this happen?

Post by kingstonlake 2016-10-20, 06:29

I never really cared about this election. All I knew was I wasn't voting for Hillary Clinton. WTF happened. Now I have to. As a guy who's raised a girl from age 1.5 and who considers me her father even though she's mot my biological daughter, battled so many obstacles in her life, taking honors courses, and going to Wayne St. How can I look her in the eye and say I voted for Donald Trump?

I can't.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

How did this happen? Empty Re: How did this happen?

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-10-20, 07:44

kingstonlake wrote:I never really cared about this election. All I knew was I wasn't voting for Hillary Clinton. WTF happened. Now I have to. As a guy who's raised a girl from age 1.5 and who considers me her father even though she's mot my biological daughter, battled so many obstacles in her life, taking honors courses, and going to Wayne St. How can I look her in the eye and say I voted for Donald Trump?

I can't.
I hear ya.. that just makes you a responsible, respectable adult who, when given choices, chooses the one that allows you to look at the women in your life and know you did the right thing.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2016-10-20, 07:55

But there are more women in my life that aren't good looking enough for me to grope, assault, call fat,etc. Couldn't that justify voting for him?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-10-20, 09:10

kingstonlake wrote:But there are more women in my life that aren't good looking enough for me to grope, assault, call fat,etc. Couldn't that justify voting for him?
People are saying. Sad.

Wink

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-10-20, 09:23

kingstonlake wrote:I never really cared about this election. All I knew was I wasn't voting for Hillary Clinton. WTF happened. Now I have to. As a guy who's raised a girl from age 1.5 and who considers me her father even though she's mot my biological daughter, battled so many obstacles in her life, taking honors courses, and going to Wayne St. How can I look her in the eye and say I voted for Donald Trump?

I can't.

You don't have to vote for either one.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2016-10-20, 09:35

NigelUno wrote:

I can't.

If Michigan isn't close poll wise, I wont
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-10-20, 09:37

kingstonlake wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Lots of people in Michigan voted in the republican primary because Hillary was up by 20 or whatever in the polls on Bernie. I wouldn't want to regret that decision if I were you
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-10-20, 09:43

I've always voted Democrat. I found them to be a little less crazy than Republican. I've been looking for reasons to vote Republican and every time they seem to trot someone out that seems reasonable, that person gets shot down by their own party. The problem I have with Hillary is that I don't trust her. Last night with the emails. I understand that Wikileaks put them out there, I don't care how they got out there, they are out there. Talk about them and answer the question about it. I'll probably end up voting 3rd party, just because I think she'll win anyway, but if enough of a 3rd party gets a vote, maybe they can do something in the next election. Why do we have to pick between 2 extremes?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-10-20, 09:46

They aren't really extremes. They want you to think they are extremes cause it's easier to talk about why the other guy is evil and they are a saint. You want to talk extremes then definitely "vote third party."
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2016-10-20, 09:47

I don't know man. I think Clinton is crooked enough, diabolical enough, that I like her in the white House. Almost need someone willing to roll around in the mud s little to operate on a global platform. I could see her being publicly anti torture, and using the silver dome as a torture chamber on the down low. I like that
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-10-20, 09:49

Gary Johnson. Throwing away my vote. Rolling Eyes
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-10-20, 09:49

kingstonlake wrote:I don't know man. I think Clinton is crooked enough, diabolical enough, that I like her in the white House. Almost need someone willing to roll around in the mud s little to operate on a global platform. I could see her being publicly anti torture, and using the silver dome as a torture chamber on the down low. I like that

How did this happen? 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-10-20, 09:50

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Lots of people in Michigan voted in the republican primary because Hillary was up by 20 or whatever in the polls on Bernie. I wouldn't want to regret that decision if I were you

Did Trump win the Michigan primary? If so, that's probably not a decision anyone (who crossed over and voted for Trump) regrets.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-10-20, 09:55

NigelUno wrote:

Did Trump win the Michigan primary? If so, that's probably not a decision anyone (who crossed over and voted for Trump) regrets.

I don't know who they crossed over to vote for. Well, other than me since I did and voted for Kasich. That was mostly because I'd rather have two grown ups trying to be president even if that means "my side" loses.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2016-10-20, 10:03

NigelUno wrote:

I don't know who they crossed over to vote for. Well, other than me since I did and voted for Kasich. That was mostly because I'd rather have two grown ups trying to be president even if that means "my side" loses.

I used that play book
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-10-20, 10:07

Meh, I have two daughters and a wife. What Trump said, was way more than "locker room" talk, and it horrified me that somebody in that position could speak that way. I would be very scared if he was president. But not just for that reason. Guy seems like a loose cannon. For many reasons. I wasn't voting for him even before that comment. That obviously was a deal sealer.

The alternative candidate is not that great. Not by a long shot. When we needed giants, we got infants.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-10-20, 10:11

Why did we need giants dwags?

Just to not be subtle- why does everyone just automatically go with the "everything is so horrible and we're all gonna die right away if we don't get this right" flow? It's not true. Most things are pretty fine dwags. We're fine. Everything is fine. Theres no cause for panic or believing that everything is a disaster that needs a hero to fix. Everything is pretty fine. It could be better. But it's fine.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-10-20, 10:28

Things are never as good as they seem and they are never bad as they seem.

:)
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2016-10-20, 10:55

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Why did we need giants dwags?

Just to not be subtle- why does everyone just automatically go with the "everything is so horrible and we're all gonna die right away if we don't get this right" flow? It's not true. Most things are pretty fine dwags. We're fine. Everything is fine. Theres no cause for panic or believing that everything is a disaster that needs a hero to fix. Everything is pretty fine. It could be better. But it's fine.

Americans way overestimate the power of the Presidency. They still need to work with congress to get anything passed which moderates all "extreme" positions. The most important impact of the presidency is in terms of foreign policy and supreme court appointments if applicable, issues in which Donald Trump is completely incompetent.

AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-10-20, 11:09

It also could get worse. We have two people, one of whom will be elected that are so hated by our second branch of government, that we could really see some stalemates and stagnant government. I can see us having 5 sitting justices by the end of Hilliary's only term. I can see government shutting down over any budget proposal made by Trump.

We needed an arbitrator, and compromiser, a person who could consolidate and bring together a country that, imo, is very fractured. We got two people who, whether we want to admit it or not, are very polarizing, and frankly don't try to do shit to improve that. I can go over their flaws here, but we know what they are.

These two will not compromise, they will divide, and when we're in need of unification, we're getting division. Travis, this is only my opinion, and I hope I'm wrong, but the two people running for office are two people who can really command hatred towards them. Again, my opinion.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-10-20, 11:09

DWags wrote:Meh, I have two daughters and a wife. What Trump said, was way more than "locker room" talk, and it horrified me that somebody in that position could speak that way. I would be very scared if he was president. But not just for that reason. Guy seems like a loose cannon. For many reasons. I wasn't voting for him even before that comment. That obviously was a deal sealer.

The alternative candidate is not that great. Not by a long shot. When we needed giants, we got infants.
you just made Goose sad.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-10-20, 11:15

DWags wrote:Meh, I have two daughters and a wife. What Trump said, was way more than "locker room" talk, and it horrified me that somebody in that position could speak that way. I would be very scared if he was president. But not just for that reason. Guy seems like a loose cannon. For many reasons. I wasn't voting for him even before that comment. That obviously was a deal sealer.

oh - and, no offense - but you don't need a wife and daughters to be offended by someone admitting to sexual assault.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2016-10-20, 11:29

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

you just made Goose sad.

Sigh. Let it go.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-10-20, 11:35

kingstonlake wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:you just made Goose sad.

Sigh. Let it go.
sorry, dude - but I just don't take victim-blaming as it relates to sexual assault all that lightly. It's the sort of thing that leads to sexual predators being Republican nominees for president, leaving the more ethical, moral and responsible segment of humanity having to explain how we could allow such a thing to happen.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2016-10-20, 13:35

DWags wrote:

It also could get worse. We have two people, one of whom will be elected that are so hated by our second branch of government, that we could really see some stalemates and stagnant government. I can see us having 5 sitting justices by the end of Hilliary's only term. I can see government shutting down over any budget proposal made by Trump.

We needed an arbitrator, and compromiser, a person who could consolidate and bring together a country that, imo, is very fractured. We got two people who, whether we want to admit it or not, are very polarizing, and frankly don't try to do shit to improve that. I can go over their flaws here, but we know what they are.

These two will not compromise, they will divide, and when we're in need of unification, we're getting division. Travis, this is only my opinion, and I hope I'm wrong, but the two people running for office are two people who can really command hatred towards them. Again, my opinion.

Is Hillary really that polarizing from an issues standpoint though? She's fairly moderate on the issues. She may be polarizing in terms of trust or personality though.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-10-20, 13:41

Are you Brad Ausmus?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-10-20, 13:44

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Are you Brad Ausmus?

Travis is a Sunshine blowar.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-10-20, 13:45

this. The only people that benefit from a scared, paranoid electorate is the party out of power and the media.

you can sit around and whine and complain about everything.. as people here demonstrate regularly - but it's pretty easy to choose happiness if happiness is what you want.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-10-20, 14:53

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Things are never as good as they seem and they are never bad as they seem.

:)

Are we talking about the football team?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-10-20, 15:08

AnomanderRake wrote:
DWags wrote:

Is Hillary really that polarizing from an issues standpoint though? She's fairly moderate on the issues. She may be polarizing in terms of trust or personality though.

It's a good point. Third tri-mester abortions are probably polarizing. To some, the emails and the server in the basement are probably polarizing. She has a reputation of not saying what the actual truth is. (we don't need to debate her honesty, I'm just bringing up her reputation out there) I don't get how she is going to pull off free college for anyone under 125K, but giddy up. Would that give any American worker incentive to work harder when nearing that mark, or work less?

Will the democrats take the house or Senate? If they don't do you think that she'll get anything passed through congress? What about her apointments to the Supreme Court? Do you think they will fly? Right or wrong, I wonder how stagnant our government becomes when one of those two is elected. I really am only guessing here. Both parties picked a candidate who is not well liked by the other side. It's like Nixon all over again. We'll see, I could be wrong, and I'm about 80% sure I most likely will vote for her. Probably more than that. I really do think its going to be a stagnant government. I do think we'll have shut downs, and I don't think anything we've heard from either candidate will come to fruition. But what the hell do I know.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-10-20, 15:28

DWags wrote:
AnomanderRake wrote:

It's a good point. Third tri-mester abortions are probably polarizing. To some, the emails and the server in the basement are probably polarizing. She has a reputation of not saying what the actual truth is. (we don't need to debate her honesty, I'm just bringing up her reputation out there) I don't get how she is going to pull off free college for anyone under 125K, but giddy up. Would that give any American worker incentive to work harder when nearing that mark, or work less?

Will the democrats take the house or Senate? If they don't do you think that she'll get anything passed through congress? What about her apointments to the Supreme Court? Do you think they will fly? Right or wrong, I wonder how stagnant our government becomes when one of those two is elected. I really am only guessing here. Both parties picked a candidate who is not well liked by the other side. It's like Nixon all over again. We'll see, I could be wrong, and I'm about 80% sure I most likely will vote for her. Probably more than that. I really do think its going to be a stagnant government. I do think we'll have shut downs, and I don't think anything we've heard from either candidate will come to fruition. But what the hell do I know.
if the Democrats take the Senate - which is looking a bit more likely these days (thanks to Trump) - it'll make it difficult for the whiny Republicans to get a lot of their opposition-for-the-sake-of-being-oppositional stuff done, override and veto powers being what they are.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2016-10-20, 15:58

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Sigh. Let it go.
sorry, dude - but I just don't take victim-blaming as it relates to sexual assault all that lightly. It's the sort of thing that leads to sexual predators being Republican nominees for president, leaving the more ethical, moral and responsible segment of humanity having to explain how we could allow such a thing to happen.

As long as you understand the irony of bumping obsession threads........
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-10-20, 22:06

I can't.

Why do you <I>have</I> to vote for either?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-10-24, 07:48

kingstonlake wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

you not find a bigger advocate for free speech, ironic or otherwise, on this board.

How did this happen? 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2016-10-24, 10:10

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

you not find a bigger advocate for free speech, ironic or otherwise, on this board.

Those who scream the loudest about free speech usually fit into one category.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-10-24, 10:11

kingstonlake wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:you not find a bigger advocate for free speech, ironic or otherwise, on this board.

Those who scream the loudest about free speech usually fit into one category.
screamers?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-10-27, 23:00

Antineoplastons wrote:Here's the cartoon version which explains the Fed

I dealt with the Rothschild that left her billionaire husband for rapper J Electronica for a couple of months. She was a bitch (he was cool). I don't think she has any say into their illuminati empire, though. Just some lucky rich girl. #JewishPrivilege.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-10-28, 22:36

Antineoplastons wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

I dealt with the Rothschild that left her billionaire husband for rapper J Electronica for a couple of months. She was a bitch (he was cool). I don't think she has any say into their illuminati empire, though. Just some lucky rich girl. #JewishPrivilege.

If she was a Rothschild you better believe she had more money than her husband...the family is estimated to be worth 500 Trillion dollars...of course when you've been controlling EVERY central bank since their inceptions, that number could be a low-ball estimate. The Rothschilds attempt to disguise their vast wealth

Definitely a rothschild. It appears her and J have gone separate ways. So sad.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2727430/SEBASTIAN-SHAKESPEARE-Is-Rothschild-heiress-rapper-lover.html
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down