Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tayshaun throws Joe D under the bus, backs over him.

+5
WhiteBoyHatcher
TheReal_LWS
Clarett's Folly
duffy munn
DWags
9 posters

Go down

Tayshaun throws Joe D under the bus, backs over him.  Empty Tayshaun throws Joe D under the bus, backs over him.

Post by DWags Fri 21 Oct 2016 - 6:24

Hind sight 20/20 Tay
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Tayshaun throws Joe D under the bus, backs over him.  Empty Re: Tayshaun throws Joe D under the bus, backs over him.

Post by duffy munn Fri 21 Oct 2016 - 7:10

I wonder if Tay knows that Melo would have taken most of his minutes.

Or if he gives Joe D any credit for drafting him.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Tayshaun throws Joe D under the bus, backs over him.  Empty Re: Tayshaun throws Joe D under the bus, backs over him.

Post by Clarett's Folly Fri 21 Oct 2016 - 8:29

The list of players drafted after Darko is insane. Melo, Wade, Bosh, Jack... Joe D managed to find the one dud in one of the deepest drafts of all time.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Fri 21 Oct 2016 - 8:47

I love Joe. Joe was my favorite Piston. I think he is an awesome guy.

However, drafting Darko over Melo was his biggest mistake, and was the beginning of his downfall.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 21 Oct 2016 - 9:10

It certainly was a mistake. But damn, so was trading Favre and not drafting Brady. Jordan was third. I get that looking back is perfect and this was a flop of a pick. But I remember news stories showing Darko's workouts and the buzz about him. Shit happens. And to say four championships is really bullshit.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri 21 Oct 2016 - 9:14

Turrible.

Cue up the internet I told you so crew. 3...2...1 until Vlad, Herb and blacnh show up in the thread.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Fri 21 Oct 2016 - 9:15

DWags wrote:It certainly was a mistake. But damn, so was trading Favre and not drafting Brady. Jordan was third. I get that looking back is perfect and this was a flop of a pick. But I remember news stories showing Darko's workouts and the buzz about him. Shit happens. And to say four championships is really bullshit.

No guarantee Melo even fits in with that team. Hell, he's been in the league for 14 years without a ring.

As for Prince, the Pistons probably don't even draft him if think had picked Melo.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Fri 21 Oct 2016 - 11:59

I will never forget that Dumars traded Chauncey for a washed-up, gambling POS Allen Iverson.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by BleacherSwill Fri 21 Oct 2016 - 13:51

Death Roe wrote:I will never forget that Dumars traded Chauncey for a washed-up, gambling POS Allen Iverson.

Absolutely this. And brought on a washed up scum C Weber. Dumars got a few early lucky selections/moves that somehow kept his reputation high enough to keep around long after he was shown to be incompetent.
BleacherSwill
BleacherSwill
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri 21 Oct 2016 - 13:55

duffy munn wrote:
DWags wrote:It certainly was a mistake. But damn, so was trading Favre and not drafting Brady. Jordan was third. I get that looking back is perfect and this was a flop of a pick. But I remember news stories showing Darko's workouts and the buzz about him. Shit happens. And to say four championships is really bullshit.

No guarantee Melo even fits in with that team. Hell, he's been in the league for 14 years without a ring.

As for Prince, the Pistons probably don't even draft him if think had picked Melo.

The Pistons drafted prince the year before. That's actually a large part of the reason why they didn't draft melo.

That said, if they did draft melo then would they have ever traded for sheed? Who knows. Prince seems to be forgetting that it wasn't a complete team at that point and they were trying to fill the hole when they drafted Darko.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Fri 21 Oct 2016 - 14:25

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

The Pistons drafted prince the year before. That's actually a large part of the reason why they didn't draft melo.

That said, if they did draft melo then would they have ever traded for sheed? Who knows. Prince seems to be forgetting that it wasn't a complete team at that point and they were trying to fill the hole when they drafted Darko.

My bad. I thought Prince and Melo were in the same draft class.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Fri 21 Oct 2016 - 15:21

duffy munn wrote: guarantee Melo even fits in with that team. Hell, he's been in the league for 14 years without a ring.

You're right, since Darko fit like a glove.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly Fri 21 Oct 2016 - 16:13

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

I would assume they would've still nabbed Sheed since there was still a hole at the position.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri 21 Oct 2016 - 16:16

I don't think you know how the butterfly effect works folly.

Actually I'm pretty sure that if we drafted Carmelo we'd all be Chinese slaves by now. thanks Joe!
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly Fri 21 Oct 2016 - 16:23

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I don't think you know how the butterfly effect works folly.

Actually I'm pretty sure that if we drafted Carmelo we'd all be Chinese slaves by now. thanks Joe!

Just when I thought the AI trade was the low point....
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 21 Oct 2016 - 16:24

Clarett's Folly wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I don't think you know how the butterfly effect works folly.

Just when I thought the AI trade was the low point....

Hoax
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Fri 21 Oct 2016 - 16:49

Hindsight is 20/20.

Anyone that didn't agree with the Pistons drafting Darko at the time was an idiot.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down