Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Congress...you are our only hope...

+4
GRR Spartan
xsanguine
Triple Sparty
Turtleneck
8 posters

Go down

Congress...you are our only hope... Empty Congress...you are our only hope...

Post by Turtleneck Wed 9 Nov 2016 - 1:20

I am not optimistic. Obviously I was doom and gloom in the civil discussion thread. I still am.

However, maybe something good does come of (what looks like) Trump's impending win. Maybe a Trump presidency results in Congress strongly asserting its constitutional authority in respect to the presidency, and we finally get around to reigning in executive power. So maybe Trump's authoritarian personality and brand of politics results in us actually getting back to core Constitutional principles. That would be a good outcome.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Congress...you are our only hope... Empty Re: Congress...you are our only hope...

Post by Triple Sparty Wed 9 Nov 2016 - 1:54

You started a sentence with however. I count you as an uneducated.
Triple Sparty
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Congress...you are our only hope... Empty Re: Congress...you are our only hope...

Post by xsanguine Wed 9 Nov 2016 - 6:57

I like all the tolerant lefties blaming people voting third party for their white privilege. (Most of the, are self hating whites). The left can't contain their hatred for anyone that doesn't back their shitty choice.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Wed 9 Nov 2016 - 8:08

xsanguine wrote:I like all the tolerant lefties blaming people voting third party for their white privilege. (Most of the, are self hating whites). The left can't contain their hatred for anyone that doesn't back their shitty choice.

I am an American who voted for HRC, not a "lefty/Lefties".
The Democrats only have themselves to blame for losing this election because of the way they handled the nomination, specifically Wasswerman-Schultz and the DNC leadership making a Clinton road to win the nomination as easy as possible.

Demcrats had the money, more offices and more feet on the ground but they ended up with a candidate that couldn't keep some unhappy Sanders supporters, couldn't move the needle enough for independents and couldn't attract disaffected GOP voters to their side.

I am fearful of US elections going forward.
We have elected a person who refused to release his Federal tax returns
Said he admired Putin
he should be able to sue journalists who write articles critical of public figures like himself
categorized immigrants as criminals
offered legal support to a supporter who punched a protestor at one of his rallys
denigrated the parents of a dead serviceman later accepting a Purple Heart given to him by a vet who earned one.

The Democrats have no one to blame but themselves for nominating a candidate who couldn't get more votes than Trump and by underestimating how many voters just didn't think any of what Trump has done, not done and said didn't matter.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Wed 9 Nov 2016 - 8:30

Good post, GRR. I agree. I was referring to all the "white people suck" and "if you voted 3rd party you are to blame" posts I see on my FB. People running around as if the world is ending. It'll be over in four years. Growing pains.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed 9 Nov 2016 - 8:38

Bernie. Sanders.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed 9 Nov 2016 - 9:26

The Republicans have the power to make change. It will make for an interesting election next time around.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed 9 Nov 2016 - 9:41

GRR Spartan wrote:
xsanguine wrote:I like all the tolerant lefties blaming people voting third party for their white privilege. (Most of the, are self hating whites). The left can't contain their hatred for anyone that doesn't back their shitty choice.

The Democrats only have themselves to blame for losing this election because of the way they handled the nomination, specifically Wasswerman-Schultz and the DNC leadership making a Clinton road to win the nomination as easy as possible.

Demcrats had the money, more offices and more feet on the ground but they ended up with a candidate that couldn't keep some unhappy Sanders supporters, couldn't move the needle enough for independents and couldn't attract disaffected GOP voters to their side.

Said he admired Putin
he should be able to sue journalists who write articles critical of public figures like himself
offered legal support to a supporter who punched a protestor at one of his rallys
denigrated the parents of a dead serviceman later accepting a Purple Heart given to him by a vet who earned one.

The Democrats have no one to blame but themselves for nominating a candidate who couldn't get more votes than Trump and by underestimating how many voters just didn't think any of what Trump has done, not done and said didn't matter.

Not that it matters but it would appear that that's not true....
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Wed 9 Nov 2016 - 9:47

Electoral votes, Travis. Geeeeeeez
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed 9 Nov 2016 - 9:47

xsanguine wrote:Electoral votes, Travis. Geeeeeeez

Thanks xsang :)
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Wed 9 Nov 2016 - 9:50

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:

Said he admired Putin

It matters in an electoral college system where we go on a state by state basis.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed 9 Nov 2016 - 9:51

GRR Spartan wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

It matters in an electoral college system where we go on a state by state basis.

I know. You know what I meant.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 9 Nov 2016 - 10:06

GRR Spartan wrote:I am fearful of US elections going forward. We have elected a person who refused to release his Federal tax returns

This didn't used to be a problem.

FDR didn't.
Truman didn't.
Eisenhower didnt
Kennedy didn't

Media invented narrative.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Wed 9 Nov 2016 - 11:39

You know all about the media based on how much you have posted here.

Every candidate for the last 40 years has but considering you had no compunction stating a SCOTUS with less than 9 members for up to 5 years if Clinton had won the election was acceptable breaking 178-179 years of 9 member tradition I think you going all the way back to Kennedy on tax returns is a unique time to play the tradition card.

Now we get to see if Trump truly meant everything he said and we can watch how Putin's Russia is treated in regards to NATO, Ukrainia, natural gas to Europe, Turkey, Syria and Arctic exploration/oil rights. We will also see if he and the GOP Congress pushes tax cuts, increased defense spending and more reduction of the social safety net for millions of Americans to pay for it.

Clinton lost the election. Something a majority of of the voters in your county (and mine) wanted to happen.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeFanName Wed 9 Nov 2016 - 12:16

I don't agree with Trump wining, but at least the people got what they wanted.
SomeFanName
SomeFanName
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed 9 Nov 2016 - 12:37

SomeFanName wrote:I don't agree with Trump wining, but at least the people got what they wanted.

Think Clinton won the popular bro.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Wed 9 Nov 2016 - 12:42

The pendulum will swing back. If you thought the screeching purple haired "fucking white man!" Feminist/SJW movement was gaining steam before, just wait. Our citizens hate the shit out of eachother. This will embolden that growing trend.

I can't wait. Gonna be entertaining and great for comedians.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed 9 Nov 2016 - 12:49

x what do you call the screeching brown haired "fucking social justice warriors!" movement? Congress...you are our only hope... 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Wed 9 Nov 2016 - 13:06

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:x what do you call the screeching brown haired "fucking social justice warriors!" movement? Congress...you are our only hope... 502811600

I haven't seen any yet. You know I'll let you know when I do. Unless you count the trolls that set out to trigger the banshees... they make me giggle.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down