Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does this site suck yet

+17
SpartyHard
tanfan!
duffy munn
Code_Warrior
InTenSity
DWags
SeeRockCity
NigelUno
Herbie Green
Izzo Court
JEK
WhiteBoyHatcher
Stoops21
The Pantry
SawGreen
Rodeo Burger
SPARTASOTAN
21 posters

Go down

Does this site suck yet Empty Does this site suck yet

Post by SPARTASOTAN 2014-05-26, 18:28

Far be it for the rebels here to be satisfied. What say you?
SPARTASOTAN
SPARTASOTAN
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Does this site suck yet Empty Re: Does this site suck yet

Post by Rodeo Burger 2014-05-26, 18:33

SPARTASOTAN wrote:Far be it for the rebels here to be satisfied. What say you?

I'm not sure. Do you have a pic of your ATM card? That's something I'd love to discuss.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SPARTASOTAN 2014-05-26, 18:35

You want ATM bro?
SPARTASOTAN
SPARTASOTAN
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2014-05-26, 18:48

We can't downvote, so yes. Go back to tCock.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2014-05-26, 18:51

SPARTASOTAN wrote:Far be it for the rebels here to be satisfied. What say you?
Forget which idiot on the other board posted that this site would be gone by Labor Day. Barring some sort of armageddon, I don't see that happening.  

This place is comfy.  Sorta like

Does this site suck yet Mam_ca10
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoops21 2014-05-26, 18:54

This place is comfortable and I've noticed we don't need down votes because nobody is a boner.
Stoops21
Stoops21
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-05-26, 19:10

The upvote/downvote thing is the lamest thing in the history of the internet. What a dumb system they came up with. Terrible. I don't mind the reputation feature on v-bulletin if it's implemented correctly, but the 247 system was terrible and only encourages petty behavior, while discouraging actual discussion.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by JEK 2014-05-26, 19:29

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:The upvote/downvote thing is the lamest thing in the history of the internet. What a dumb system they came up with. Terrible. I don't mind the reputation feature on v-bulletin if it's implemented correctly, but the 247 system was terrible and only encourages petty behavior, while discouraging actual discussion.

This. Too many cowards and lazy people who hide behind down votes instead of expressing their disagreement over something. Here, either you tell someone what you think or you stfu.
JEK
JEK
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-05-26, 19:39

JEK wrote:

This. Too many cowards and lazy people who hide behind down votes instead of expressing their disagreement over something. Here, either you tell someone what you think or you stfu.

Preach. And in addition to that, I'm positive there are people who actually care enough to refrain from posting controversial opinions or topics. Not flaming shit, just a simple opinion that may not be popular.

Ex: Am I the only one who doesn't think Kate Upton is the hottest bitch on earth?

Problem 1 is that it wouldn't get posted in the first place, because the OP would be scared he would be at -30 in 10 minutes.

Problem 2 is that upvoting/downvoting is so simple morons use it to respond to opinions. They're opinions! We should encourage different ones! Save that downvote shit for when someone throws a racial blast or is going all troll.

I think I posted a similar rant at the old place once. Deleted.  Does this site suck yet 502811600 

Speaking of rants, we need IGG here. Has anyone invited him?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzo Court 2014-05-26, 19:52

This is a good site. It doesn't suck. If it can survive OT season it will thrive during football season.
Izzo Court
Izzo Court
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2014-05-26, 20:20

What are the thoughts on Green All Day?

They are asking for a ban on the RCMB because he is labeled a SCUm troll. I've always respected those that take the unpopular opinion against the party line. He would be a good get.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-05-26, 20:25

Herbie Green wrote:What are the thoughts on Green All Day?

They are asking for a ban on the RCMB because he is labeled a SCUm troll.  I've always respected those that take the unpopular opinion against the party line.  He would be a good get.

He posts here, I'm pretty sure.

SCum troll? Seriously? I never got that impression.

The paranoia in our fanbase is off the charts. Hopefully that doesn't make its way over here too much.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-05-26, 20:38

Herbie Green wrote:What are the thoughts on Green All Day?

They are asking for a ban on the RCMB because he is labeled a SCUm troll.  I've always respected those that take the unpopular opinion against the party line.  He would be a good get.

Hi GAD!
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2014-05-26, 20:45

Green would be fine here.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-05-26, 21:00

No more joiners unless they have blow.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-05-26, 21:07

Green all day is a little bitch.

Big breasts are overrated.

Voting is for pussies.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2014-05-26, 22:50

No this site does not suck yet and it feels like the old board. Although I wasn't on the old board very long before the switch to 24/7, it felt instantly comfortable like I'd been there for a long time. When it switched to 24/7, that comfort was lost. This board has that old comfort. It just feels better.

I'm a cheapskate, so I would never pay for a VIP membership, and I don't know about the politics and all that since I'm not a high post count kind of participant, and I'm not very controversial, but I could clearly see the impact that 24/7's corporate policies were having and I could see the slowly increasing censorship that was frustrating those posters who were used to the old RCMB. It seemed like is was only a matter of time before someone was going to try to create a site similar to the old one.

I don't like seeing this happen to tRCMB. It's sad. For me personally, tRCMB lost that Shaggy Bevo type of Mojo and was being transformed into a corporate, one size fits all, clean room. It was becoming a "product" instead of a community. I will still frequent tRCMB, but I don't know if it will be as much fun as this board has the potential to be. I joined this site because I think it has the potential to restore the Shaggy Bevo mojo that has been missing from the 24/7 version of tRCMB. That would be a really cool outcome.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2014-05-26, 22:57

SeeRockCity wrote:Green would be fine here.

True. HIs moronic views wont get threads locked when people are piling on.

It's fun when 100 people are wrong and only one is right. Especially when the 100 people are also idiots.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2014-05-26, 23:00

Code_Warrior wrote:No this site does not suck yet and it feels like the old board.  Although I wasn't on the old board very long before the switch to 24/7, it felt instantly comfortable like I'd been there for a long time.  When it switched to 24/7, that comfort was lost.  This board has that old comfort.  It just feels better.

I'm a cheapskate, so I would never pay for a VIP membership, and I don't know about the politics and all that since I'm not a high post count kind of participant, and I'm not very controversial, but I could clearly see the impact that 24/7's corporate policies were having and I could see the slowly increasing censorship that was frustrating those posters who were used to the old RCMB.  It seemed like is was only a matter of time before someone was going to try to create a site similar to the old one.

I don't like seeing this happen to tRCMB.  It's sad.  For me personally, tRCMB lost that Shaggy Bevo type of Mojo and was being transformed into a corporate, one size fits all, clean room.  It was becoming a "product" instead of a community.  I will still frequent tRCMB, but I don't know if it will be as much fun as this board has the potential to be.  I joined this site because I think it has the potential to restore the Shaggy Bevo mojo that has been missing from the 24/7 version of tRCMB.  That would be a really cool outcome.

I'll go on there just to see what the boners are posting. There is nothing interesting or funny. I scroll down the first page and threads that are days old haven't been bumped. I last about three minutes when I do check and then I'm gone. It's a vanilla boring piece of crap now.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartyHard 2014-05-26, 23:02

DWags wrote:No more joiners unless they have blow.

This.
SpartyHard
SpartyHard
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by JEK 2014-05-26, 23:11

duffy munn wrote:

True. HIs moronic views wont get threads locked when people are piling on.

It's fun when 100 people are wrong and only one is right. Especially when the 100 people are also idiots.

Pile-ons are great entertainment. Like the guy who quit on Spartan football the week before the team decided not to lose another game.  Does this site suck yet 502811600 

But the new RCMB seems hellbent on group-think and content control.
JEK
JEK
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Mentalstate 2014-05-26, 23:24

Does this site suck yet Thr9zSi
Mentalstate
Mentalstate
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2014-05-26, 23:55

NigelUno wrote:

Hi GAD!

Just what I was thinking. Another freakin' Ross who is an ummie.

This place will get better. More posters will find it and for being less than 90 days old its got features that are pretty good for a new board.

I agree with the up vote/ down vote crap. It adds no value.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-05-27, 08:59

GRR Spartan wrote:

Just what I was thinking.  Another freakin' Ross who is an ummie.

This place will get better.  More posters will find it and for being less than 90 days old its got features that are pretty good for a new board.

I agree with the up vote/ down vote crap.  It adds no value.

I was trying to remember some of his work. Then, it registered. He's the guy who was openly rooting for Cook to fail (in a game), and also had the famous "lost it's luster" thread. Both threads were eventually locked for some reason.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-05-27, 09:26

NigelUno wrote:

I was trying to remember some of his work. Then, it registered. He's the guy who was openly rooting for Cook to fail (in a game), and also had the famous "lost it's luster" thread. Both threads were eventually locked for some reason.

Yeah exactly. If you're dumb enough to post that shit, why the **** would the mods bailnyou out by locking it?? That's comedy gold for years to come, there. It's a symptom of the "people read this board" mentality that has pervaded that place since the switch. There's a delusion of grandeur there. Note to 24/7 and rcmb: if what some jackhole says on your site changes a recruit's opinion of your favorite program, the coaches are doing it wrong. Get over yourselves, you jock sniffing sycophants.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Kazamias 2014-05-27, 10:17

Tanfan! wrote:

I'll go on there just to see what the boners are posting. There is nothing interesting or funny. I scroll down the first page and threads that are days old haven't been bumped. I last about three minutes when I do check and then I'm gone. It's a vanilla boring piece of crap now.
They need a laugh track over there, that would make it seem funny
Larry Kazamias
Larry Kazamias
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down