Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Still paying the price for a misspent youth

+7
GRR Spartan
tGreenWay
Floyd Robertson
DWags
I.B. Fine
Death Roe
Motown Spartan
11 posters

Go down

Still paying the price for a misspent youth Empty Still paying the price for a misspent youth

Post by Guest 2016-11-23, 15:17

I went to the Dr's office this morning for a "procedure".  I'd had lump appear on my forehead a couple
years ago.   It had slowly grown to be nearly Lemmy size:

Still paying the price for a misspent youth Ab3576280087d418789d399855284a15-640x401

My Dr. had been bugging me about removing it so she could test it just in case.   So we set the big
day for this morning at 11:30.   She numbed the area up with 3 shots of lidocaine (that shit stings) then
got her scalpel out and went to work.

I wish I'd taken pictures but I didn't think of it at the time.  Anyway she sliced me open and found
a hard little cyst like object with a piece of glass at it's center.  Mystery solved.

The weekend before Halloween of 1987 I was riding home from a bar with a friend and we ended
up rolling his car 7 times on a gravel road.   I was in the passenger seat with no belt on.  I knew we
were going over so I braced myself but my head still punched out the front window and the passenger
side window of his car.  

I spent over 4 hours in the emergency room that night with no anesthetic as they plucked glass and
gravel out of my face and scalp.   Now I find out nearly 30 years later that they missed a piece.
Sonsabitches.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Still paying the price for a misspent youth Empty Re: Still paying the price for a misspent youth

Post by Motown Spartan 2016-11-23, 15:24

Dumbass

For no seat belt
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Still paying the price for a misspent youth Empty Re: Still paying the price for a misspent youth

Post by Death Roe 2016-11-23, 15:25

RIP Lemmy
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2016-11-23, 15:34

I was expecting something about a vanishing twin remnant, but oh, well.
Did you sue your buddy for the disfigurement?
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-11-23, 15:43

Did you keep the glass?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-11-23, 15:47

DWags wrote:Did you keep the glass?

Put it under the pillow and the glass fairy will take it.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-11-23, 16:18

Pics of doctor? Slutty nurse?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-11-23, 16:27

That might be the first piece they missed.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-11-23, 17:12

I.B. Fine wrote:I was expecting something about a vanishing twin remnant, but oh, well.

Funny you should ask. That was on a Friday night, my face from my lips up was a giant scab. Monday
morning I had to go to my lawyer's office for something. His partner sees me, first words out of his
mouth "That's $30,000, who are we suing?".

I passed, it was my lifelong best friend. Though the lawyer did take at run at the "You're not suing him,
you're suing his insurance company." line.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-11-23, 17:13

DWags wrote:Did you keep the glass?

No, I'm weak about things they cut out of me.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-11-23, 17:15

tGreenWay wrote:Pics of doctor? Slutty nurse?

The nurse is a sweet small town girl. The Dr. is actually hot. But there won't be any funny
business because she is by FAR the best primary care DR I've ever had and it's not even close.
She listens to you, suggests things, can clearly explain options, etc, etc. I love her in a patient
to Dr. kind of way.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-11-23, 17:35

Motown Spartan wrote:Dumbass

For no seat belt

Can't quite remember the year but seat belt laws might not have existed is 87.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-11-23, 17:58

Yeah but the The Dowager Lady Margret, Countess and Prefict of Northumbria..............
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2016-11-23, 17:59

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

For no seat belt

Doesn't mean he wasn't a dumbass for not wearing one.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2016-11-23, 18:18

LooseGoose wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:I was expecting something about a vanishing twin remnant, but oh, well.

Funny you should ask.   That was on a Friday night, my face from my lips up was a giant scab.  Monday
morning I had to go to my lawyer's office for something.   His partner sees me, first words out of his

I passed, it was my lifelong best friend.   Though the lawyer did take at run at the "You're not suing him,

How noble of you to not hold your friend responsible for your horrible disfigurement, Wink though maybe the fresh piece of glass reopens the case?
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2016-11-23, 18:33

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

For no seat belt

Seatbelt laws didn't exist but cars still had them. Mid 60's is when they started intalling them in autos.

Fun fact: Michigan's seatbelt law was supposed to sunset when usage topped a certain percentage (80% I think). Somehow the sunset provision got overlooked and it turned into a primary infraction where you could get pulled over if the cop thought you weren't wearing your seatbelt. Prior to that happened it was secondary where they could only give you a seatbelt ticket if they pulled you over for some other infraction.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-11-23, 18:37

Jake from State Farm wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Seatbelt laws didn't exist but cars still had them. Mid 60's is when they started intalling them in autos.

Fun fact: Michigan's seatbelt law was supposed to sunset when usage topped a certain percentage (80% I think). Somehow the sunset provision got overlooked and it turned into a primary infraction where you could get pulled over if the cop thought you weren't wearing your seatbelt. Prior to that happened it was secondary where they could only give you a seatbelt ticket if they pulled you over for some other infraction.

And during that campaign EVERY cop and lawmaker swore up and down it would NEVER become a primary enforcement item. I think that lasted about 3-5 years.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-11-23, 18:38

I.B. Fine wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Funny you should ask.   That was on a Friday night, my face from my lips up was a giant scab.  Monday
morning I had to go to my lawyer's office for something.   His partner sees me, first words out of his

I passed, it was my lifelong best friend.   Though the lawyer did take at run at the "You're not suing him,

How noble of you to not hold your friend responsible for your horrible disfigurement, Wink though maybe the fresh piece of glass reopens the case?

lol, they were scabs. Within 2 weeks or so I was back to my old ugly self with the addition of one nice scar on the bridge of my nose and a couple more up along my hairline. Those look really great in the summer since they don't tan.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-11-23, 20:19

Motown Spartan wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Different culture back then. No one wore seat belts. Not saying is was ok, it's just the way it was.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-11-23, 21:46

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:

Different culture back then. No one wore seat belts. Not saying is was ok, it's just the way it was.

Wasn't even a consideration. In the 70's many of us tucked the belts into the seats. We were dumbasses.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2016-11-23, 22:16

And during that campaign EVERY cop and lawmaker swore up and down it would NEVER become a primary enforcement item. I think that lasted about 3-5 years.
So true. We could ride in the back of a station wagon in those stupid seats
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2016-11-23, 22:17

Motown Spartan wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

You sound like a millennial
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down