Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trump is going to raise taxes on the middleclass

+6
The_Dude
DWags
Blanch32
GRR Spartan
Robert J Sakimano
steveschneider
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Trump is going to raise taxes on the middleclass Empty Trump is going to raise taxes on the middleclass

Post by steveschneider Tue 29 Nov 2016 - 13:39

Posting a Fox News link so the conservatives won't dispute this claim.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/11/28/analysis-for-some-in-middle-class-trump-plan-would-mean-tax-increase.html

OUCH!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Trump is going to raise taxes on the middleclass Empty Re: Trump is going to raise taxes on the middleclass

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 29 Nov 2016 - 14:01

in order for the deplorables to admit that they have been duped, they need to know what "duped" means..

here ya go:

dupe
d(y)o͞op/
verb
past tense: duped; past participle: duped

deceive; trick.
   "the newspaper was duped into publishing an untrue story"

if you need someone to read this to you.. or to further explain the meaning of the word, let us know.

you're welcome.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Trump is going to raise taxes on the middleclass Empty Re: Trump is going to raise taxes on the middleclass

Post by GRR Spartan Tue 29 Nov 2016 - 14:02

If President Trump would do all the things candidate Trump promised we'd be heading for another recession due to the additional unfunded projects he's promised.

Somebody has to pay and most of that middle class don't live in those rural counties where he is still wildly popular.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Nov 2016 - 14:04

steveschneider wrote:Posting a Fox News link so the conservatives won't dispute this claim.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/11/28/analysis-for-some-in-middle-class-trump-plan-would-mean-tax-increase.html

OUCH!

So Trump's going to just "do" that? And Bob talks about being duped.

Unless you think Trump is going to establish a dictatorship it has to pass Congress. Let's see what it looks like then.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 29 Nov 2016 - 14:05

GRR Spartan wrote:If President Trump would do all the things candidate Trump promised we'd be heading for another recession due to the additional unfunded projects he's promised.

Somebody has to pay and most of that middle class don't live in those rural counties where he is still wildly popular.
I'm always baffled by the people who listen to the mainstream media and, subsequently, vote against their own interests.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 29 Nov 2016 - 14:08

LooseGoose wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Posting a Fox News link so the conservatives won't dispute this claim.

OUCH!

Unless you think Trump is going to establish a dictatorship it has to pass Congress. Let's see what it looks like then.

He'll get it passed are you kidding me? The tax cuts for the rich are what is causing the market to go up right now.

Saw on the Trump Reddit page a lot of his voters are all claiming they wished they had looked at his plan more closely.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 29 Nov 2016 - 14:10

steveschneider wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

He'll get it passed are you kidding me? The tax cuts for the rich are what is causing the market to go up right now.

Saw on the Trump Reddit page a lot of his voters are all claiming they wished they had looked at his plan more closely.

that would cause Trump supporters to be informed.. and that was a leap they weren't quite ready to take. Trump is going to raise taxes on the middleclass 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 29 Nov 2016 - 14:14

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

that would cause Trump supporters to be informed.. and that was a leap they weren't quite ready to take. Trump is going to raise taxes on the middleclass 502811600

Yep, he won in 'post-truth' America. It just felt like the best choice on the gut level to so many folks.

It's funny to see Goose defend this, he's got the RNC goggles on 24/7.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Tue 29 Nov 2016 - 14:14

Goose still thinks all the GOP Congressmen in DC are as independent as he is in Mio.

Reality bites Goose. They are now a group of sniveling sycophants who will be scared shitless of what Trump with the help of Bannon will do to them in the '18 election cycle.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 29 Nov 2016 - 14:18

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: that would cause Trump supporters to be informed.. and that was a leap they weren't quite ready to take. Trump is going to raise taxes on the middleclass 502811600

Yep, he won in 'post-truth' America. It just felt like the best choice on the gut level to so many folks.

It's funny to see Goose defend this, he's got the RNC goggles on 24/7.
on the upside, at least we didn't vote for the former US Senator, the former Secretary of State with 30+ years of government experience.

She had a private email account.. and, by god, we can't have any of that. Trump is going to raise taxes on the middleclass 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 29 Nov 2016 - 14:19

Taxed Enough Already cyclops
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 29 Nov 2016 - 14:22

steveschneider wrote:Taxed Enough Already cyclops
I'm looking forward to the knuckle-draggers doing their Tea Party march on the Capitol..

unless their support for him was never about that.. maybe it was just about racism, bigotry, xenophobia and misogyny.. Shocked

Trump is going to raise taxes on the middleclass 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 29 Nov 2016 - 14:26

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Taxed Enough Already cyclops
I'm looking forward to the knuckle-draggers doing their Tea Party march on the Capitol..

unless their support for him was never about that.. maybe it was just about racism, bigotry, xenophobia and misogyny.. Shocked

Typical Republican sheep will now be in favor of middle class tax increases. They are probably focusing on their own delusions of being rich some day and taking advantage of Trumps tax cuts for the super wealthy.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 29 Nov 2016 - 14:31

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: I'm looking forward to the knuckle-draggers doing their Tea Party march on the Capitol..

Typical Republican sheep will now be in favor of middle class tax increases. They are probably focusing on their own delusions of being rich some day and taking advantage of Trumps tax cuts for the super wealthy.
yeah... because, ya know, if someone like Trump can work his way up to being a lower Manhattan New York billionaire, then why can't they?

Trump is going to raise taxes on the middleclass 2599972566

(though I suspect his tax returns says he's anything but a billionaire.. probably broke, never pays taxes, doesn't donate to charities like he says and has a very strong interest in pedophilia).
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Nov 2016 - 15:27

steveschneider wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Steve? You do realize that the "wealth gap" that Dems rail against has increased in every year of the Obama Presidency? And now somehow things are going to get better for the wealthy? Christ that's why Trump got elected is that the wealthy have gotten all of the gains over the last 8 years. Good to see you're worried about it now.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 29 Nov 2016 - 15:35

LooseGoose wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Steve? You do realize that the "wealth gap" that Dems rail against has increased in every year of the Obama Presidency? And now somehow things are going to get better for the wealthy? Christ that's why Trump got elected is that the wealthy have gotten all of the gains over the last 8 years. Good to see you're worried about it now.
serious question..

can you ever address an issue based solely on your support of Trump and not in the contempt you have for Obama or Hillary?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Tue 29 Nov 2016 - 15:50

Guess Goose was sleeping when Obama decided to keep the Bush2 tax cuts and was fought tooth and nail over any major changes to the tax code or changing the Social Security withholding to $250K which is minor compared to no ceiling as some support.
6 years of GOP legislative control topped off by a year long wait for a new President to nominate a Justice unless Clinton had won.

If I recall Goose was one of the posters who saw nothing wrong with an 8 member SCOTUS or even fewer without a GOP President making nominations.

But we understand nobody here is a Republican.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Tue 29 Nov 2016 - 15:59

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

yeah... because, ya know, if someone like Trump can work his way up to being a lower Manhattan New York billionaire, then why can't they?

Trump is going to raise taxes on the middleclass 2599972566

(though I suspect his tax returns says he's anything but a billionaire.. probably broke, never pays taxes, doesn't donate to charities like he says and has a very strong interest in pedophilia).

link?
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 29 Nov 2016 - 16:04

LooseGoose wrote:

OUCH!

So Trump's going to just "do" that?   And Bob talks about being duped.

Unless you think Trump is going to establish a dictatorship it has to pass Congress.   Let's see what it looks like then.

Whether it passes congress or not, the "Wall" has become a fence, the middle class will see a squeeze and in our own great state firemen and cops are now worried about their pensions because of the republican sweep.  A sweep they helped seal.   God bless em.  Call it whatever you want, pass it by congress or not, It's going to take some mental gymnastics to re-convince yourself why you voted for this guy.  (not you Goose, you in the queens sense).   It's going to be fun watching this stuff start happening in our country.  I think like you, I'm not too worried about life in general anymore.  I'll never be a millionaire, but I'm not worried about getting a peanut butter sandwich and my house is paid for, so I'll just turn the t.v. on and enjoy the entertainment.  I don't know that I"ll chuckle, but I know that I have said to a guy in Clinton township who teaches english and owns a coffee shop a frequent, "You mean you didn't understand that he'd appoint someone like Devos to Education?"   No do overs.  

All that said, I think all of this stuff will be better debated after at least 6months to a year.  I remember 36 years ago, people freaking about voodoo economics and the maniac coming into office.   I'm not saying it's going to be the same, but I'm not shitting my pants just yet.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 29 Nov 2016 - 16:30

LooseGoose wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I along with OTPT were pro Bernie and one of the reasons I supported Bernie was exactly what you mentioned.

I have a ton of issues with the DNC but I firmly believe Trump was about one of the worse things that could possibly happen to this country.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Tue 29 Nov 2016 - 16:41

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:If President Trump would do all the things candidate Trump promised we'd be heading for another recession due to the additional unfunded projects he's promised.

I'm always baffled by the people who listen to the mainstream media and, subsequently, vote against their own interests.

Yeah, because a woman whos made hundreds of millions of corrupt dealings while holding public office, is in bed with Wall St and multi national corporations has the best interest of the middle class at heart. Trump is going to raise taxes on the middleclass 1966794946
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Tue 29 Nov 2016 - 16:44

steveschneider wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I along with OTPT were pro Bernie and one of the reasons I supported Bernie was exactly what you mentioned.

I have a ton of issues with the DNC but I firmly believe Trump was about one of the worse things that could possibly happen to this country.

Blame yourselves for allowing the DNC to undermine democracy and basically have their primary process be a year long coronation of HRC.

This election was about average Americans giving the middle finger to career hacks who have fucked them over. And Trump was that vehicle. A sledgehammer had to be swung at all the bullshit coming from DC, and it has been.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 29 Nov 2016 - 16:46

The_Dude wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Blame yourselves for allowing the DNC to undermine democracy and basically have their primary process be a year long coronation of HRC.

This election was about average Americans giving the middle finger to career hacks who have fucked them over. And Trump was that vehicle. A sledgehammer had to be swung at all the bullshit coming from DC, and it has been.

Yeah, voting for Donald Trump a reality tv star will really show 'em. Rolling Eyes
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 29 Nov 2016 - 16:47

The_Dude wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'm always baffled by the people who listen to the mainstream media and, subsequently, vote against their own interests.

Yeah, because a woman whos made hundreds of millions of corrupt dealings while holding public office, is in bed with Wall St and multi national corporations has the best interest of the middle class at heart. Trump is going to raise taxes on the middleclass 1966794946
she also has an email account that killed 4 brave Americans in Benghazi.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 29 Nov 2016 - 16:48

The_Dude wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

is the "sledgehammer" some sort of sex move he pulled as he assaulted his victims?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 29 Nov 2016 - 17:12

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

is the "sledgehammer" some sort of sex move he pulled as he assaulted his victims?

lol!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue 29 Nov 2016 - 17:46

LooseGoose wrote:

OUCH!

Do you have any comment on what it looks like now?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Nov 2016 - 18:07

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Not really since it will get amended significantly. Why worry about shit long before it happens? Let them begin to debate it at least.....except that doesn't fit in the "let's get everyone's panties in a bunch" shit going on now.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Tue 29 Nov 2016 - 18:29

LooseGoose wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Not really since it will get amended significantly. Why worry about shit long before it happens? Let them begin to debate it at least.....except that doesn't fit in the "let's get everyone's panties in a bunch" shit going on now.

Because liberals are cry baby whiners that predict doomsday scenarios when they lose. They live off of fear mongreung anything the right does. It's part of the reason they got embarrassed on election night.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue 29 Nov 2016 - 18:35

The_Dude wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Not really since it will get amended significantly.  Why worry about shit long before it happens?   Let them begin to debate it at least.....except that doesn't fit in the "let's get everyone's panties in a bunch" shit going on now.

Because conservatives are cry baby whiners that predict doomsday scenarios when they lose. They live off of fear mongreung anything the left does. It's part of the reason most rational people hate politics.

Care to share any thoughts that /r/The_Donald didn't spoon feed to you?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 29 Nov 2016 - 19:14

The_Dude wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Because liberals are cry baby whiners that predict doomsday scenarios when they lose. They live off of fear mongreung anything the right does. It's part of the reason they got embarrassed on election night.

I wonder what Jeffrey Lord, Ann Coulter, Kellyanne Conway, Kayleigh McEnany, Scottie Nell Hughes, Sean Hannity and Hope Hicks think about this.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Tue 29 Nov 2016 - 22:54

LooseGoose wrote:

OUCH!

So you anticipate a lot of pushback on this tax plan from the Republican-led Congress? Is that what you're saying?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 29 Nov 2016 - 23:14

The_Dude wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

FYI, Trump was at Goldman Sachs today and picked a hedge funder and former Goldman Sachs partner for Treasury Secretary.

So much for the rust belt giving career politicians the middle finger. YAWN.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Nov 2016 - 23:14

Cameron wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

So you anticipate a lot of pushback on this tax plan from the Republican-led Congress? Is that what you're saying?

I do. If they don't I'll be voting against our new guy up here the next time. They shouldn't be raising taxes on families.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 30 Nov 2016 - 3:38

LooseGoose wrote:
Cameron wrote:

I do. If they don't I'll be voting against our new guy up here the next time. They shouldn't be raising taxes on families.

You're too smart to know that won't happen.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Nov 2016 - 10:57

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

You're too smart to know that won't happen.

I'll be happy to wait and see, the new Treasury Sect says he wants an across the board cut.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 30 Nov 2016 - 10:58

I think Trump would be smart to institute a cross burning/hate crime tax - in his era of hate, fear and paranoia - not to mention an emboldened KKK/white supremacist movement - it's a sure-fire way to generate money.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Wed 30 Nov 2016 - 15:06

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I think Trump would be smart to institute a cross burning/hate crime tax - in his era of hate, fear and paranoia - not to mention an emboldened KKK/white supremacist movement - it's a sure-fire way to generate money.

Trump is going to raise taxes on the middleclass VGz10i
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Jul 2017 - 10:18

Maine shows the folly of 'tax the rich' schemes

Yet last month, Maine Revenue Services reported that income tax collections for the year were largely unchanged, despite the dramatic rate increase. An associate commissioner for Maine Revenue Services told Portland's ABC television affiliate that the collections were “concerning” because “we would have thought with the surtax we would have received more in estimated payment, yet we didn't.”

Backers nonetheless insisted the tax increase was working, predicting increased collections … later.

Lawmakers in Connecticut are learning the same lesson. There, officials have raised taxes at least five times since 2011, and the state's top income tax rate has been hiked from 5 percent in 2008 to 6.99 percent today. Yet Connecticut's income tax collections are declining, and the state is struggling with large budget shortfalls.

In Illinois, lawmakers approved a 67 percent income tax rate increase in 2011 and raised corporate income tax rates 46 percent. They then spent much of the next few years approving offsetting tax breaks for specific companies to keep them from leaving the state. Two companies alone — Navistar International Corp. and Sears Holdings Corp. — received nearly $500 million in tax breaks to keep them in Illinois.

For some reason, politicians have to learn this lesson over and over again: Capital responds to incentives. If a state signals that investment isn't welcome, then that investment will quickly shift to other states.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Tue 11 Jul 2017 - 10:20

Kansas is quickly forgotten by dyed in the wool anti-taxers
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next