Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

75 years ago today - Pearl Harbor - 77 now.

+13
MiamiSpartan
DWags
Floyd Robertson
kingstonlake
Watch Out Pylon!
The_Dude
SeeRockCity
Snake Plissken
Other Teams Pursuing That
Death Roe
TheReal_LWS
tGreenWay
Robert J Sakimano
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

75 years ago today - Pearl Harbor - 77 now. Empty 75 years ago today - Pearl Harbor - 77 now.

Post by Guest Wed 7 Dec 2016 - 9:02

There are very few left alive that witnessed it.

Last edited by LooseGoose on Fri 7 Dec 2018 - 0:07; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

75 years ago today - Pearl Harbor - 77 now. Empty Re: 75 years ago today - Pearl Harbor - 77 now.

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 7 Dec 2016 - 9:05

imagine if a great leader - one unlike we had ever seen in our lifetime - had the foresight to build a wall and make Japan pay for it.. disaster could've been averted.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

75 years ago today - Pearl Harbor - 77 now. Empty Re: 75 years ago today - Pearl Harbor - 77 now.

Post by Guest Wed 7 Dec 2016 - 9:08

Spartan Basketball ‏@MSU_Basketball 6m6 minutes ago
Today we remember the men who gave their lives in action on Dec. 7, 1941. #PearlHarborRemembranceDay #PearlHarbor75

75 years ago today - Pearl Harbor - 77 now. CzFCaTLWEAABWaP
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 7 Dec 2016 - 9:08

Robert J Sakimano wrote:imagine if a great leader - one unlike we had ever seen in our lifetime - had the foresight to build a wall and make Japan pay for it.. disaster could've been averted.

It must be miserable to live like you.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 7 Dec 2016 - 9:12

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:imagine if a great leader - one unlike we had ever seen in our lifetime - had the foresight to build a wall and make Japan pay for it.. disaster could've been averted.

I wouldn't really call it "living".

I just more or less exist. As I wait for sweet, sweet death to descend down upon me.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed 7 Dec 2016 - 9:29

75 years ago today - Pearl Harbor - 77 now. CzFFpAIWEAAWiU_
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 7 Dec 2016 - 9:34

Merry CHRISTmas Pearl Harbor Day!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 7 Dec 2016 - 9:36

tGreenWay wrote:Merry CHRISTmas Pearl Harbor Day!

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 7 Dec 2016 - 9:49

75 years ago today - Pearl Harbor - 77 now. CzFJt0kUkAACy4R
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 7 Dec 2016 - 9:51

David Burge ‏@iowahawkblog 1h1 hour ago
Bob Feller of Van Meter, IA. 4-time MLB all-star with 86 wins by age 23. Then, 3 days after Pearl Harbor, enlisted in the Navy as Gun Capt.

75 years ago today - Pearl Harbor - 77 now. CzE8HiVWEAAaeqs75 years ago today - Pearl Harbor - 77 now. CzE8I9sWIAAuKvn

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 7 Dec 2016 - 9:55

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Merry CHRISTmas Pearl Harbor Day!

Im a happy guy. Treat every day like CHRISTmas, Roberto! Take over all the other holidays and you, too, can spread CHRISTmas everywhere you go, even Temple.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Wed 7 Dec 2016 - 10:08

The Japanese......GRRRRRRR
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Wed 7 Dec 2016 - 10:17

TheReal_LWS wrote:The Japanese......GRRRRRRR

They learned their place and gave us the Super Nintendo and the Sony PlayStation.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Wed 7 Dec 2016 - 10:18

I bet you ask cashiers if they're Japanese then go "FUCK YOU HIROSHIMA WAS AWESOME!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!"
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 7 Dec 2016 - 10:18

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Im a happy guy. Treat every day like CHRISTmas, Roberto! Take over all the other holidays and you, too, can spread CHRISTmas everywhere you go, even Temple.
jesus is the reason for the season.

indeed.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Wed 7 Dec 2016 - 10:25

Death Roe wrote:

I bet you ask cashiers if they're Japanese then go "FUCK YOU HIROSHIMA WAS AWESOME!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!"

I'd never use the F word.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Wed 7 Dec 2016 - 10:26

"TO HECK WITH YOU JAPS" I guess, then.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Wed 7 Dec 2016 - 10:26

Death Roe wrote:"TO HECK WITH YOU JAPS" I guess, then.

SCREW YOU works too.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed 7 Dec 2016 - 10:26

This thread is going well you guys.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Wed 7 Dec 2016 - 10:27

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:This thread is going well you guys.

Thanks. Roe does excellent work.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Wed 7 Dec 2016 - 10:27

TheReal_LWS wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:This thread is going well you guys.

Thanks. Roe does excellent work.

I just like pointing out how intolerant you are for a person who's not much older than I am. 75 years ago today - Pearl Harbor - 77 now. 502811600
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken Wed 7 Dec 2016 - 10:36

Too bad planes can fly
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity Wed 7 Dec 2016 - 10:41

Snake Plissken wrote:
Too bad planes can fly

Hey Snake. Post more.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Wed 7 Dec 2016 - 10:44

Snake Plissken wrote:
Too bad planes can fly

HOT SNAKE TAKE!

(P.S. You mods over at tTurd have no sense of humor.)
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 7 Dec 2016 - 10:44

Snake Plissken wrote:
Too bad planes can fly
we would build a huge wall. And make Japan pay for it. And it would be the greatest wall ever. Huge. That planes couldn't even fly over.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken Wed 7 Dec 2016 - 11:22

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Snake Plissken wrote:Too bad planes can fly
we would build a huge wall. And make Japan pay for it. And it would be the greatest wall ever. Huge. That planes couldn't even fly over.
So...more like a dome?
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 7 Dec 2016 - 11:27

Snake Plissken wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:we would build a huge wall. And make Japan pay for it. And it would be the greatest wall ever. Huge. That planes couldn't even fly over.
So...more like a dome?
more or less. It will be huge. And great.

(doing my best to use one syllable words so the deplorables can follow along)

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Wed 7 Dec 2016 - 11:34

LooseGoose wrote:

Its called being extremely bitter.

We should just keep a plate of cheese around at all times for the liberal whine.

And what makes it great, is they are pushing more people away from them.

They think writing articles calling Trump Hitler and calling people who disagree with them names actually attracts people to the cause...it does the opposite.

Its apparent Bob never read Dale Carnegie..unless his goal is to get less people to support what he does.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 7 Dec 2016 - 11:40

The_Dude wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

We should just keep a plate of cheese around at all times for the liberal whine.

They think writing articles calling Trump Hitler and calling people who disagree with them names actually attracts people to the cause...it does the opposite.

Its apparent Bob never read Dale Carnegie..unless his goal is to get less people to support what he does.
I'm sorry that my politically incorrect words offend you. Maybe you should find a safe space where you won't risk being triggered.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Wed 7 Dec 2016 - 11:43

I don't think Dude was the one who was triggered. I don't think Dude was the one who turned this memorial thread into a political shit posting one.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 7 Dec 2016 - 11:50

Death Roe wrote:I don't think Dude was the one who was triggered. I don't think Dude was the one who turned this memorial thread into a political shit posting one.
he seems offended.

of course, we can agree to disagree. 75 years ago today - Pearl Harbor - 77 now. 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed 7 Dec 2016 - 11:54

TheReal_LWS wrote:
Death Roe wrote:"TO HECK WITH YOU JAPS" I guess, then.

SCREW YOU works too.

That's not very Christ-like, hypocrite.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Wed 7 Dec 2016 - 12:55

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

I'm sorry that my politically incorrect words offend you. Maybe you should find a safe space where you won't risk being triggered.

Did I say I was offended?

I find it unbelievably awesome. When you are in a hole, stop digging.

You are so bitter that within a few posts, you turn a thread about Pearl Harbor into a butthurt hijack about Trump winning.

Ive said it before and Ill say it again, I can only hope this is how Democrats act the next 8 years. It might ensure the next 20-30 years are Republican dominated.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed 7 Dec 2016 - 17:34

I just checked and the Affleck Pearl Harbor is on AMC tonight. Thought you'd want to know
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed 7 Dec 2016 - 17:58

God Bless all who served and protect us.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 7 Dec 2016 - 18:47

Checking the NBC news tonight. Was a set of twins on the Arizona one got off one was buried with it. The one who got off died this year at 98. Today they went there and dropped his ashes with his twin.

Wow.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Fri 16 Dec 2016 - 11:27

Dead at 99, Pearl Harbor’s ‘national treasure’: If you’ve visited the memorial, you know his face

If you’ve visited the memorial at Pearl Harbor during the past 20 years — and some 1.8 million people do that annually — you’ve seen him and very likely have a photograph with him. Indeed, “Uncle Herb” Weatherwax was likely one of the most photographed people in the world.

He would have been quiet at first, the ancient, gentle man in a green Aloha shirt sitting in a wheelchair, holding a book and wearing a cap decorated in medals. Then, he’d welcome you to the USS Arizona Memorial Visitor’s Center. A closer look would reveal the book to be “Counting My Blessings,” his autobiography.

You might not remember his name. But you would never forget the face of man who for a quarter century has been the memorial’s most beloved volunteer greeter.

He died Monday, at 99. And, as word spread, his face took over Facebook, as tens of thousands of users shared their photographs with Weatherwax. In each and every one, he wears a grin the size of Montana, as he clutches hands, sits proudly, even offers kisses to a few lucky women.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 16 Dec 2016 - 12:46

Floyd Robertson wrote:Dead at 99, Pearl Harbor’s ‘national treasure’: If you’ve visited the memorial, you know his face

If you’ve visited the memorial at Pearl Harbor during the past 20 years — and some 1.8 million people do that annually — you’ve seen him and very likely have a photograph with him. Indeed, “Uncle Herb” Weatherwax was likely one of the most photographed people in the world.

He would have been quiet at first, the ancient, gentle man in a green Aloha shirt sitting in a wheelchair, holding a book and wearing a cap decorated in medals. Then, he’d welcome you to the USS Arizona Memorial Visitor’s Center. A closer look would reveal the book to be “Counting My Blessings,” his autobiography.

You might not remember his name. But you would never forget the face of man who for a quarter century has been the memorial’s most beloved volunteer greeter.

He died Monday, at 99. And, as word spread, his face took over Facebook, as tens of thousands of users shared their photographs with Weatherwax. In each and every one, he wears a grin the size of Montana, as he clutches hands, sits proudly, even offers kisses to a few lucky women.

Haven't been to Hawaii yet.  My parents were, and they did the tour.   

RIP to a great man.   Thanks for sharing that.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken Fri 16 Dec 2016 - 22:07

DWags wrote:
Haven't been to Hawaii yet.  My parents were, and they did the tour.   

RIP to a great man.   Thanks for sharing that.

It's the quietest tour I've ever been on.
75 years ago today - Pearl Harbor - 77 now. Hawaii2048
75 years ago today - Pearl Harbor - 77 now. Hawaii2051
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Thu 7 Dec 2017 - 12:43

Somebody should bump this for 76. OK, fine, I'll do the heavy lifting.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next