Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trump is going to stand up to the Establishment

+8
Cameron
Robert J Sakimano
Death Roe
GRR Spartan
Turtleneck
Other Teams Pursuing That
xsanguine
steveschneider
12 posters

Go down

Trump is going to stand up to the Establishment Empty Trump is going to stand up to the Establishment

Post by steveschneider Fri 9 Dec 2016 - 13:13

BREAKING: President-elect Trump picks Goldman Sachs president & COO Gary Cohn to be National Economic Council Director - @NBCNews

---

Remember when he criticized Ted Cruz's wife for working at Goldman Sachs?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Trump is going to stand up to the Establishment Empty Re: Trump is going to stand up to the Establishment

Post by xsanguine Fri 9 Dec 2016 - 13:30

He picks people who are too white, too much testosterone or not enough qualifications.

I think the only thing that would make his detractors happy is if he put up Bernie Sanders as his economic advisor and Che Guevara as his public housing director. Then throw in karl Marx in there somewhere and he'll earn the respect of his protesters.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Trump is going to stand up to the Establishment Empty Re: Trump is going to stand up to the Establishment

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri 9 Dec 2016 - 13:32

So nothing is really going to change with Trump, is it? Trump is going to stand up to the Establishment 502811600 The rich get richer.. per usual in this oligarchy. Fools.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Fri 9 Dec 2016 - 13:33

Sounds like fake news, Steve.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Fri 9 Dec 2016 - 13:34

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:So nothing is really going to change with Trump, is it? Trump is going to stand up to the Establishment 502811600 The rich get richer.. per usual in this oligarchy. Fools.

Trump is already standing up for the people, OTPT. He is already doing what he promised. I dare you to show me how anything is the same with the this transition. It's already different.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri 9 Dec 2016 - 13:51

xsanguine wrote:He picks people who are too white, too much testosterone or not enough qualifications.

I think the only thing that would make his detractors happy is if he put up Bernie Sanders as his economic advisor and Che Guevara as his public housing director. Then throw in karl Marx in there somewhere and he'll earn the respect of his protesters.

Some of us recall his campaign promises to drain the swamp and stand up to the establishment.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 9 Dec 2016 - 14:00

steveschneider wrote:
xsanguine wrote:He picks people who are too white, too much testosterone or not enough qualifications.

Some of us recall his campaign promises to drain the swamp and stand up to the establishment.

Some of us believe in giving a guy a chance. Christ he's still 42 days from being sworn in but somehow he's failed? Amazing.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri 9 Dec 2016 - 14:24

LooseGoose wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Some of us believe in giving a guy a chance. Christ he's still 42 days from being sworn in but somehow he's failed? Amazing.

I don't think anyone is saying he failed, goose. I think we are pointing out that his campaign was built on changing DC, draining the swamp, anti establishment, blah blah blah.. and ALREADY this seems to be about the total opposite from what he is actually doing.

It's fair to say let's wait and see what him and his cabinet does.. but again, my faith in American Politics is at an all time low probably along with most other people my age. America gonna America. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri 9 Dec 2016 - 14:26

We were told this was a middle finger towards the east coast from the rust belt. The east coast is laughing their heads off at the rust belt. Thanks for empowering the .0000000001%. Enjoy those 800 carrier jobs.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Fri 9 Dec 2016 - 14:34

That explans why Trump is coming to Grand Rapids a 3rd time and hasn't said jack about Dematic. Its a subsidiary of KION. KKR and Goldman Sachs are 75% owners.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri 9 Dec 2016 - 14:45

Never forget Donald J. Trump's tweet on 7/28/16

"Hillary will never reform Wall Street. She is owned by Wall Street!".

Trump is going to stand up to the Establishment 502811600 Trump is going to stand up to the Establishment 502811600 Trump is going to stand up to the Establishment 502811600 Trump is going to stand up to the Establishment 502811600 Trump is going to stand up to the Establishment 502811600 Trump is going to stand up to the Establishment 1966794946 Trump is going to stand up to the Establishment 1966794946 Trump is going to stand up to the Establishment 1966794946 Trump is going to stand up to the Establishment 1966794946 Trump is going to stand up to the Establishment 1966794946 Trump is going to stand up to the Establishment 1966794946
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Fri 9 Dec 2016 - 14:47

steveschneider wrote:Never forget Donald J. Trump's tweet on 7/28/16

Trump is going to stand up to the Establishment 502811600 Trump is going to stand up to the Establishment 502811600 Trump is going to stand up to the Establishment 502811600 Trump is going to stand up to the Establishment 502811600 Trump is going to stand up to the Establishment 502811600 Trump is going to stand up to the Establishment 1966794946 Trump is going to stand up to the Establishment 1966794946 Trump is going to stand up to the Establishment 1966794946 Trump is going to stand up to the Establishment 1966794946 Trump is going to stand up to the Establishment 1966794946 Trump is going to stand up to the Establishment 1966794946

I mean, to be fair, Bob just brings up her email scandals. When in fact, the more horrifying thing is her "foundation" that should be looked into.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Fri 9 Dec 2016 - 14:53

Death Roe wrote:

I mean, to be fair, Bob just brings up her email scandals. When in fact, the more horrifying thing is her "foundation" that should be looked into.

Exactly. Trump has a 100% clean record. Absolutely zero private sector corruption so we know there will be zero public sector corruption under his watch.

And Trump's foundation? On the up-and-up. Name one issue that has been associated with his foundation? Exactly. You can't.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Fri 9 Dec 2016 - 15:00

Turtleneck wrote:
Death Roe wrote:

Exactly. Trump has a 100% clean record. Absolutely zero private sector corruption so we know there will be zero public sector corruption under his watch.

And Trump's foundation? On the up-and-up. Name one issue that has been associated with his foundation? Exactly. You can't.

Sarcasm?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 9 Dec 2016 - 15:02

the deplorables won't admit to being duped until they know what "duped" means..

here.. lemme help you:

dupe1
d(y)o͞op/
verb
past tense: duped; past participle: duped

deceive; trick.
"the newspaper was duped into publishing an untrue story"

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 9 Dec 2016 - 15:03

LooseGoose wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

this.

no matter what you think of Trump, just be glad we didn't elect the person with 30 years of public service, including two terms as a United States Senator and Secretary of State.

she had an email account. Shocked
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 9 Dec 2016 - 15:04

oh - and this thread is certain to have some whiny deplorables comment on how mean people are in it.. in fact, it already does. I'll bump them on Monday.

lol!
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 9 Dec 2016 - 15:11

Robert J Sakimano wrote:just be glad we didn't elect the person with 30 years of public service, including two terms as a United States Senator and Secretary of State.she had an email account. Shocked

All chock full of fail.

And somehow in all that "public service" went from broke to being worth $100s of Millions. Amazing how that works. And more Amazing is how Bob ignores it in a Dem.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri 9 Dec 2016 - 15:11

Death Roe wrote:

I think everyone can verify that I'm no fan of the Clintons (ask Turtle, Goose etc) so realize I'm not coming at you with bias. I got into it with some Bernie Bros that were going off about the Clinton foundation and all they could provide was fake news links slamming the foundation. All of it around Haiti. I found 4 articles critical of their work in Haiti but nothing that had any proof of criminal activity. It wasn't even close.

Why should the foundation be investigated? There's no evidence of anything criminal. It won't happen.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Fri 9 Dec 2016 - 15:16

GRR Spartan wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Sarcasm?

This is sarcasm, GRR

TRUMP PICKS EL CHAPO TO RUN D.E.A.

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/trump-picks-el-chapo-to-run-d-e-a
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Fri 9 Dec 2016 - 15:35

Robert J Sakimano wrote:the deplorables won't admit to being duped until they know what "duped" means..

here.. lemme help you:

dupe1
d(y)o͞op/
verb
past tense: duped; past participle: duped

deceive; trick.
   "the newspaper was duped into publishing an untrue story"

Bob, where did you find this definition? Merely giving two synonyms as a definition seems like lazy dictionary writing to me.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Fri 9 Dec 2016 - 17:00

Serious question cause I'm dumb.

How does Trump have any authorization to "save the Carrier jobs", etc, when he hasn't even taken office yet? President elects can just start signing checks before the current one leaves? I'd be a little pissed if I was still working and the trainee whose set to take my place in a month but without the needed certifications started making deals on my letterhead.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 9 Dec 2016 - 20:52

Why not?

Trump has a place for Bill Cosby too
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Fri 9 Dec 2016 - 21:15

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

this.

no matter what you think of Trump, just be glad we didn't elect the person with 30 years of public service, including two terms as a United States Senator and Secretary of State.

i personally am. the Clinton family absolutely destroyed Michigan, and I'm no self loather kike bob. im a winner
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Fri 9 Dec 2016 - 21:46

Blanch32 wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:this.

i personally am. the Clinton family absolutely destroyed Michigan, and I'm no self loather kike bob. im a winner

and a felon
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Fri 9 Dec 2016 - 22:35

Blanch32 wrote:

What does Bob's Jewish heritage have to do with this discussion?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Sat 10 Dec 2016 - 8:21

Blanch never learns and his race baiting has no bounds.

Some of you think I'm an alarmist about Trump.  Here's a link about what has happened to two private citizens Trump tweeted about after both dared to cross him.

The first was a young woman who asked Trump a qustion about women's rights and abortion at a Q&A open forum in New Hampshire.  Hours after her question then candidate Trump tweets about her, accusing her of being rude and a Jeb Bush staffer.  Hours after Trump's tweet she began getting threats of physical harm and death threats on social her media.  

The Carrier union local president started getting threats after now President elect Trump tweeted about him.

http://nymag.com/thecut/2016/12/trumps-harassment-of-an-18-year-old-girl-on-twitter-led-to-death-threats.html

Trump's win seems to have given people like Blanch confidence he can go after Bob's ethnic heritage because Blanch "is a winner" and no one will do jack about it.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat 10 Dec 2016 - 9:33

Blanch32 wrote:

I'm going to assume that's a typo Blanch.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Sat 10 Dec 2016 - 12:02

xsanguine wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

What does Bob's Jewish heritage have to do with this discussion?

lol. of course, that would make sense to a degree since bob hates chirstians....
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sat 10 Dec 2016 - 12:40

Outside of making fun of the hypocrisy of Trump's 'populist movement' what kind of job will the picks do?

We've had Goldman Sachs execs tied to the gov all through Obama's administration.

Regarding Steve Mnuchin, the main criticism I've seen is he has nothing on his resume that show's he can manage an organization the size of the branch of government he's about to take over. He's described as having no qualifications or views.

Interesting thing of note about Cohn he's a registered democrat. Seems more experienced and connected internationally.

Last random note, was watching the Newshour last night and they made an interesting note in the Shields and Brooks segment. Said the Trump populists are more weary of the professional class ie managers, professors, journalists, Hollywood stars, politicians, people that take part in coastal condescension etc. CEO's and rich bankers and self made billionaires aren't condescending towards them and fit within the Trump supporters vision of a populist movement.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Tue 13 Dec 2016 - 10:03

Sec of State nominee Tillerson is worth about $150M and Carly Fiorina less than $100M. Trump is nominating so it's not only billionaires and former generals.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Tue 13 Dec 2016 - 17:35

Love all these people of action and doers getting appointed to Trumps cabinet. The vast majority of our country want to change the direction we are heading and real change means new people with new ideas. Plus the draining of the swamp with the 5 year lobbyist ban. Trump is at least taking action about cleaning up the DC wasteland. Everyone always talks. Trump does.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Tue 13 Dec 2016 - 17:38

steveschneider wrote:Outside of making fun of the hypocrisy of Trump's 'populist movement' what kind of job will the picks do?

We've had Goldman Sachs execs tied to the gov all through Obama's administration.

Regarding Steve Mnuchin, the main criticism I've seen is he has nothing on his resume that show's he can manage an organization the size of the branch of government he's about to take over. He's described as having no qualifications or views.

Interesting thing of note about Cohn he's a registered democrat. Seems more experienced and connected internationally.

Last random note, was watching the Newshour last night and they made an interesting note in the Shields and Brooks segment. Said the Trump populists are more weary of the professional class ie managers, professors, journalists, Hollywood stars, politicians, people that take part in coastal condescension etc. CEO's and rich bankers and self made billionaires aren't condescending towards them and fit within the Trump supporters vision of a populist movement.

Yup. That's how far the lying establishment on both sides have failed this country. It led to this.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 13 Dec 2016 - 18:41

Death Roe wrote:I mean, to be fair, Bob just brings up her email scandals. When in fact, the more horrifying thing is her "foundation" that should be looked into.

DR, do you really believe this? If so, can you tell me what exactly you think the Clinton Foundation has done and point me to actual evidence?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Wed 14 Dec 2016 - 8:56

Trump has nominated a freshman Congressman from Montana for Sec of Interior.

Fossil fuel people are dancing.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 14 Dec 2016 - 9:03

I believe we should just give Trump a chance.

Trump is going to stand up to the Establishment 1494614055
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Dec 2016 - 10:07

GRR Spartan wrote:Trump has nominated a freshman Congressman from Montana for Sec of Interior.

Yeah sounds like a real radical - jesus do you just assume everything or do you bother to research anything?

Played football at Oregon, MBA, MS, and a SEAL - yup just a stupid ol' House Freshman.
A student-athlete, Zinke earned a B.S. in geology in 1984. Zinke later earned an M.B.A. from National University in 1991 and an M.S. in global leadership from the University of San Diego in 2003. Zinke served as a U.S. Navy SEAL from 1986 to 2008, retiring at the rank of Commander.

BIG PROMOTION FOR MONTANA’S ZINKE: Plucking a freshman congressman from seeming obscurity, President-elect Donald Trump selected as his Interior secretary nominee Montana Rep. Ryan Zinke — a Republican known for bucking his party occasionally on conservation and public land issues. Zinke has previously opposed efforts by House Natural Resources Chairman Rob Bishop (R-Utah) to transfer public lands back to the states, supported a Democratic amendment to permanently authorize the Land and Water Conservation Fund and even resigned as a delegate to the RNC this summer because the party platform included language calling for the sale of public lands. The ex-Navy Seal commander has called for a “prudent” approach to climate change that doesn’t harm the coal industry, though questions the scientific consensus that human activity is primarily driving the problem.

Reactions trickle in: The environmental community was split in its reaction to the pick. Some groups hit Zinke over what they said were inconsistent public land positions and his support of new energy development. "Zinke must reassure the American people that he will stand up to members of his own party and never tolerate any attempts to hand over the ownership or management of American lands to state or private hands," Jennifer Rokala, executive director of the Center for Western Priorities, said in a statement. Some sportsmen's groups appeared more cautiously optimistic.

http://www.politico.com/tipsheets/morning-energy/2016/12/freshman-zinke-picked-for-interior-post-217870
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 14 Dec 2016 - 10:14

LooseGoose wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:Trump has nominated a freshman Congressman from Montana for Sec of Interior.  

Yeah sounds like a real radical - jesus do you just assume everything or do you bother to research anything?

Played football at Oregon, MBA, MS, and a SEAL - yup just a stupid ol' House Freshman.
A student-athlete, Zinke earned a B.S. in geology in 1984.  Zinke later earned an M.B.A. from National University in 1991 and an M.S. in global leadership from the University of San Diego in 2003. Zinke served as a U.S. Navy SEAL from 1986 to 2008, retiring at the rank of Commander.

BIG PROMOTION FOR MONTANA’S ZINKE: Plucking a freshman congressman from seeming obscurity, President-elect Donald Trump selected as his Interior secretary nominee Montana Rep. Ryan Zinke — a Republican known for bucking his party occasionally on conservation and public land issues. Zinke has previously opposed efforts by House Natural Resources Chairman Rob Bishop (R-Utah) to transfer public lands back to the states, supported a Democratic amendment to permanently authorize the Land and Water Conservation Fund and even resigned as a delegate to the RNC this summer because the party platform included language calling for the sale of public lands. The ex-Navy Seal commander has called for a “prudent” approach to climate change that doesn’t harm the coal industry, though questions the scientific consensus that human activity is primarily driving the problem.

Reactions trickle in: The environmental community was split in its reaction to the pick. Some groups hit Zinke over what they said were inconsistent public land positions and his support of new energy development. "Zinke must reassure the American people that he will stand up to members of his own party and never tolerate any attempts to hand over the ownership or management of American lands to state or private hands," Jennifer Rokala, executive director of the Center for Western Priorities, said in a statement. Some sportsmen's groups appeared more cautiously optimistic.

http://www.politico.com/tipsheets/morning-energy/2016/12/freshman-zinke-picked-for-interior-post-217870
Remember when republicans said that the one negro in the White House wasn't qualified?

yeah, neither do I.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Dec 2016 - 11:19

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Remember when republicans said that the one negro in the White House wasn't qualified?
yeah, neither do I.

No counter argument - next play from the playbook - swerve.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 14 Dec 2016 - 11:26

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Remember when republicans said that the one negro in the White House wasn't qualified?
yeah, neither do I.

No counter argument - next play from the playbook - swerve.
like you, I tried to tell people not to vote for that colored boy.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down