Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foods you like separately, but not combined with something.

+18
Rocinante
SPARTASOTAN
Death Roe
Rodeo Burger
Cosmo_Kramer
WhiteBoyHatcher
DroppedByADime
The Pantry
SBSpartan
Cym Jim
Rod Porkmore
Molon Labe
JEK
SawGreen
Herbie Green
CORNER BLITZ
Giant Moose
Dendrobates
22 posters

Go down

Foods you like separately, but not combined with something.  Empty Foods you like separately, but not combined with something.

Post by Dendrobates Wed 28 May 2014 - 20:05

I absolutely love pickles (of course anything of that shape in my mouth is awesome), but I don't like them on hamburgers. I don't like relish or any other things pickles could be in. I just like straight up pickles. I can't be the only one who has some strange food separation issue.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Foods you like separately, but not combined with something.  Empty Re: Foods you like separately, but not combined with something.

Post by Giant Moose Wed 28 May 2014 - 20:15

Banana and cumquat
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Foods you like separately, but not combined with something.  Empty Re: Foods you like separately, but not combined with something.

Post by Dendrobates Wed 28 May 2014 - 20:19

Giant Moose wrote:Banana and cumquat

I had a professor at MSU who loved to compare math terms to cumquats. He sounded like a cumquat.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Wed 28 May 2014 - 20:42

Peanut butter and jelly
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Wed 28 May 2014 - 20:44

Interesting. I just got a qp with cheese yesterday and picked out the pickles and ate them first like always. They taste pretty good by themselves but ruin the whole burger for me if left on.
Of course, I wasn't going to start a thread about it.
But while on the topic, I think it is similar that I hate anything crunchy in my omelet. I love green peppers and onions but they ruin a good omelet. As far as I am concerned the standard varieties like Denver have it all wrong. Bacon, sausage, tomatoes, mushrooms is what I want.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Wed 28 May 2014 - 20:46

I'm trying to think of something that I don't like to eat period.  But, your pickle / relish is pretty good.  Not a relish fan either.  

Maybe banana tacos.  I like bananas and tacos, but when I'm eating a taco, a banana doesn't sound appealing.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by JEK Wed 28 May 2014 - 20:48

Pizza and pineapple
Asshole and chocolate
JEK
JEK
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Wed 28 May 2014 - 20:49

Chocolate and peanuts/peanut butter
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Molon Labe Wed 28 May 2014 - 21:16

Backwards but I hate tomatoes but love anything they make.
Molon Labe
Molon Labe
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rod Porkmore Wed 28 May 2014 - 21:28

Molon Labe wrote:Backwards but I hate tomatoes but love anything they make.

Same here.
Rod Porkmore
Rod Porkmore
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim Wed 28 May 2014 - 21:42

Rod Porkmore wrote:

Same here.

It's amazing how many adult American men don't like tomatoes. Bunch of fussy girly-men. Same people generally use toilet seat covers to protect their sensitive girly buttocks.
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SBSpartan Wed 28 May 2014 - 22:12

Uni.  Damn I could eat that every day.
SBSpartan
SBSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Wed 28 May 2014 - 22:21

Like raisins by themselves or in bran cereal but can't stand them in baked goods like bread and cinnamon rolls...or in any supposedly savory recipe.

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Wed 28 May 2014 - 22:25

Dendrobates wrote:I absolutely love pickles (of course anything of that shape in my mouth is awesome), but I don't like them on hamburgers. I don't like relish or any other things pickles could be in. I just like straight up pickles. I can't be the only one who has some strange food separation issue.
Love the acidity of pickles on burgers.

Can't stand relish on anything but keep a bottle around because it is a necessity for making a proper dressing for corned beef reubens
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DroppedByADime Wed 28 May 2014 - 22:26

If you were hot this would be interesting.
DroppedByADime
DroppedByADime
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed 28 May 2014 - 22:39

Cym Jim wrote:

It's amazing how many adult American men don't like tomatoes. Bunch of fussy girly-men. Same people generally use toilet seat covers to protect their sensitive girly buttocks.

This makes no sense at all. American men are fussy and girly because some of them don't like tomatoes.  confused confused 
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Wed 28 May 2014 - 22:45

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

This makes no sense at all. American men are fussy and girly because some of them don't like tomatoes.  confused confused 

I seldom, if ever side with WankerBoy, but, I'm on his side on this one... A fresh tomaaaato is a gift from God.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed 28 May 2014 - 22:52

SawGreen wrote:

I seldom, if ever side with WankerBoy, but, I'm on his side on this one... A fresh tomaaaato is a gift from God.

I have nothing against Cym, nor tomatoes. Just his bizarre associations that 1) American men don't like tomatoes and 2)People who dislike tomatoes are pussies

I mean. What?

'Go ahead, run home to momma you chickenshit! Go cry to your mommy! I bet you don't even like tomatoes!'
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Wed 28 May 2014 - 22:52

Would it be correct to assume tomato haters never eat salsa...?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by JEK Wed 28 May 2014 - 22:55

I don't get why tomatoes are so polarizing. It's not like they're something you'd find Andrew Zimmern choking down in a tribal village in Zimbabwe. They're fucking tomatoes.
JEK
JEK
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo_Kramer Wed 28 May 2014 - 22:57

Dendrobates wrote:

I had a professor at MSU who loved to compare math terms to cumquats. He sounded like a cumquat.

Obst?
Cosmo_Kramer
Cosmo_Kramer
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo_Kramer Wed 28 May 2014 - 22:58

Cym Jim wrote:

When tomatoes get soggy it's nasty
Cosmo_Kramer
Cosmo_Kramer
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger Wed 28 May 2014 - 23:01

The Pantry wrote:Would it be correct to assume tomato haters never eat salsa...?  

When I was a kid I decided I didn't like tomatoes, because the insides looked gross to me.

Years later, it was awkward when I found out why salsa/pizza sauce/ketchup is red. Blew my mind.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Wed 28 May 2014 - 23:03

DroppedByADime wrote:If you were hot this would be interesting.  

Jesus, seriously? Douche comment of the night.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed 28 May 2014 - 23:12

Death Roe wrote:

Jesus, seriously? Douche comment of the night.

Yeah, unnecessary. Dime must be drunk.

#Notjudging
#Workingonitmyself
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Wed 28 May 2014 - 23:24

DroppedByADime wrote:If you were hot this would be interesting.

:lol:
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SBSpartan Wed 28 May 2014 - 23:46

CORNER BLITZ wrote:

:lol:
I thought it was funny too m
SBSpartan
SBSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SPARTASOTAN Thu 29 May 2014 - 0:00

Dendro and Red together but not separately. Backwards is good.
SPARTASOTAN
SPARTASOTAN
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu 29 May 2014 - 0:01

Dendrobates wrote:

Pretty sure I had the same dude. Can not remember his name though.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu 29 May 2014 - 0:04

Molon Labe wrote:Backwards but I hate tomatoes but love anything they make.

I love tomatoes, but hate Ketchup. Ketchup ruins everything.
MJ
MJ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu 29 May 2014 - 0:07

JEK wrote:Pizza and pineapple
Asshole and chocolate

I never had asshole and chocolate, but thank you for saying pizza with pineapple. Motherfucking disgusting.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Thu 29 May 2014 - 0:19

Rocinante wrote:

I never had asshole and chocolate, but thank you for saying pizza with pineapple. Motherfucking disgusting.
Jets Hawaiian is not my favorite of theirs but is still fucking awesome  Foods you like separately, but not combined with something.  3493939353 

Foods you like separately, but not combined with something.  Jets_h10
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu 29 May 2014 - 0:22

The Pantry wrote:
Jets Hawaiian is not my favorite of theirs but is still fucking awesome  Foods you like separately, but not combined with something.  3493939353 

Foods you like separately, but not combined with something.  Jets_h10

I will fight you.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 May 2014 - 0:23

Dendrobates wrote:I absolutely love pickles (of course anything of that shape in my mouth is awesome), but I don't like them on hamburgers. I don't like relish or any other things pickles could be in. I just like straight up pickles. I can't be the only one who has some strange food separation issue.

What's your opinion on peanut butter and pickle sandwiches?

and BTW....

Dendrobates wrote:I absolutely love pickles (of course anything of that shape in my mouth is awesome)

Foods you like separately, but not combined with something.  3434560931 Foods you like separately, but not combined with something.  3434560931 Foods you like separately, but not combined with something.  3434560931 

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu 29 May 2014 - 0:27

I am a traditional pizza guy by every means. Pepperoni or die.

I've never even liked ham in my entire life. But one time I got drunk and tried the ham and pineapple, and that shit is actually pretty good. It would be rare that I would order it over a pepperoni but don't knock it until you've gotten drunk and tried it.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict Thu 29 May 2014 - 9:18

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

Strangely, it makes a lot of sense to me.

I don't trust people who hate raw tomatoes. There are certain "perfect foods" that stand alone by themselves and have no need of cooking - a good apple, red peppers, bananas; tomatoes are simply one of those foods. I can understand hating the hydroponically grown crap most grocery stores try to pass off as tomatoes in the winter - but a good field grown heirloom tomato - that is simply a perfect food. If you disagree it calls in to question your judgement about all things.

To answer the original question, add mint to anything and you ruin it for me. I like the taste of mint but it is a crime against humanity to add it to a fresh baked cookie, ice cream, anything really.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Roger Waymeth Thu 29 May 2014 - 9:33

My Aunt Sally likes
Kittens, but not cats,
Jelly, but not jam,
Poop, but not turds.
Have you met my Aunt Sally?
Roger Waymeth
Roger Waymeth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoops21 Thu 29 May 2014 - 9:34

MSU addict wrote:Strangely, it makes a lot of sense to me.

I don't trust people who hate raw tomatoes. There are certain "perfect foods" that stand alone by themselves and have no need of cooking - a good apple, red peppers, bananas; tomatoes are simply one of those foods. I can understand hating the hydroponically grown crap most grocery stores try to pass off as tomatoes in the winter - but a good field grown heirloom tomato - that is simply a perfect food. If you disagree it calls in to question your judgement about all things.

To answer the original question, add mint to anything and you ruin it for me. I like the taste of mint but it is a crime against humanity to add it to a fresh baked cookie, ice cream, anything really.

Love peppers, bananas, and apples. Tomatoes are terrible and what ruined it for me was trying it on a burger. Sometimes I don't notice in a taco but other than that there are air of things in this world better than tomatoes. Sorry.

Stoops21
Stoops21
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down