Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is there a way forward?

+12
SpartanStu
Blanch32
MasonGuy
SawGreen
bullwrinkle
tGreenWay
Roger Waymeth
goodbar
Travis of the Cosmos
Jake from State Farm
Giant Moose
Cosmo_Kramer
16 posters

Go down

Is there a way forward? Empty Is there a way forward?

Post by Cosmo_Kramer 2014-05-30, 09:33

A friend and I attended happy hour after work yesterday and shit got real after a few beers.

He asked me, "Do you ever wonder what the **** you're doing in life?" And I replied, "All the time. It's like a sick cyclical game with no end result other than death and rotting corpses." And he said, "We are just pawns in the game of big monopolies. Why not mom and pop stores?" And I said, "Well, if a mom and pop store becomes huge, wouldn't it have no other choice than to expand and become, essentially, a form of a monopoly over time?" He said that such an occasion doesn't have to happen.

No, we weren't high. We just utilize brain activity, even when our brains are losing cells at the same time. (Ironic, huh?) The Snowden interview and the different thought processes going on in our general society are bringing new shit to light, but will the common folk ever approach and usurp the power of the biggest companies and the corrupt politicians that many idiots vote for?
Cosmo_Kramer
Cosmo_Kramer
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Is there a way forward? Empty Re: Is there a way forward?

Post by Giant Moose 2014-05-30, 09:46

Spring is the way forward. Fall is the way back.

Is there a way forward? Daylightsaving12
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2014-05-30, 09:48

thanks for depressing me as I start my weekend
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2014-05-30, 09:50

No. Next question.

And I don't believe you on the "we weren't high" part.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar 2014-05-30, 10:27

Get your shit together quick, pack only the essentials.  Not that you'll actually escape, but try to head for the Alaskan Wilderness, get off the grid and DISAPPEAR. The Huron Mountain Club has logged your IP address and is coming for you.
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Roger Waymeth 2014-05-30, 10:32

You even been to a magic show? That's where shit gets real. Rabbits appearing out of top hats. Never-ending handkerchiefs. Sawing people in half.
What is it all about? I don't know, but I do know any fight against it would be futile. Just accept magic and you'll be much happier.
Roger Waymeth
Roger Waymeth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo_Kramer 2014-05-30, 10:44

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:No. Next question.

And I don't believe you on the "we weren't high" part.

Is there a way forward? Tumblr_lqv0j4zSxM1r0ojhto1_500
Cosmo_Kramer
Cosmo_Kramer
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2014-05-30, 10:51

The last time Kramer stuck his nose into the business of a mom and pop store, he cost two adorable little old people their livelihood fixing shoes.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by bullwrinkle 2014-05-30, 12:33

What kind of beer?
bullwrinkle
bullwrinkle
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2014-05-30, 13:31

Cosmo_Kramer wrote:... but will the common folk ever approach and usurp the power of the biggest companies and the corrupt politicians that many idiots vote for?

As long as the 2 parties treat each other as enemies, that gives most idiots the enemy that they need to keep voting for their party.  A victory for their party somehow makes them feel better, when in reality there is little difference between the 2 in how they have corrupted and bankrupted this country.

The last great attempt to do something about it was back in the 1700's, and the death knell came in 1913.

Most people are like the woman on the left, the rest tolerate shit begrudginly like the guy, Dennis, on the right.

Is there a way forward? Hqdefault
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MasonGuy 2014-05-30, 13:41

The way to move forward is to create your own vehicle. Start your own business instead of working for someone. We are supposed to do that. Every single business in the US today, be it Apple or MicroSoft or Hewlett Packard or GE or Taco Bell or Proctor and Gamble or Westinghouse started with one person having an idea of something they thought others might want.
MasonGuy
MasonGuy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2014-05-30, 14:13

Do it. 10+ yes have taught me working for corporations suck and it only gets worse every yr
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanStu 2014-05-30, 14:24

Cosmo_Kramer wrote:A friend and I attended happy hour after work yesterday and shit got real after a few beers.

He asked me, "Do you ever wonder what the **** you're doing in life?" And I replied, "All the time. It's like a sick cyclical game with no end result other than death and rotting corpses." And he said, "We are just pawns in the game of big monopolies. Why not mom and pop stores?" And I said, "Well, if a mom and pop store becomes huge, wouldn't it have no other choice than to expand and become, essentially, a form of a monopoly over time?" He said that such an occasion doesn't have to happen.

No, we weren't high. We just utilize brain activity, even when our brains are losing cells at the same time. (Ironic, huh?) The Snowden interview and the different thought processes going on in our general society are bringing new shit to light, but will the common folk ever approach and usurp the power of the biggest companies and the corrupt politicians that many idiots vote for?

Probably not in our lifetime. Maybe never. People are just now beginning the apocalyptic enlightenment. Too many though are already locked into working for the corporate army, locked in by their debts, afraid to change their routines. However there are so many variables that can affect the outcome. The biggest is probably technology.

Once technology reaches its saturation point and the majority of the workforce is replaced by machines and computers, people will have nothing to lose. Once people have nothing to lose they are more apt to do things they otherwise wouldnt consider. So in a sense thats the positive. However, to counter that, plans are already in motion to quell any potential usurpation, thru the dumbing down of education, and the replacement of real intelligible information and news with emotional junk news meant to heighten arousal and create separation among us lowered tiered humans (both techniques have been in practice for quite some time). Its a dubious and probably effective distopian solution because once people rise up and take over they wont know what the F to do once they take over...and power will be quickly reclaimed by other sect of people that were previously in charge.

Happy weekend everybody!
SpartanStu
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2014-05-30, 14:50

SpartanStu wrote:

Probably not in our lifetime.  Maybe never.  People are just now beginning the apocalyptic enlightenment.  Too many though are already locked into working for the corporate army, locked in by their debts, afraid to change their routines.  However there are so many variables that can affect the outcome.  The biggest is probably technology.  

Once technology reaches its saturation point and the majority of the workforce is replaced by machines and computers, people will have nothing to lose.  Once people have nothing to lose they are more apt to do things they otherwise wouldnt consider.  So in a sense thats the positive.  However, to counter that, plans are already in motion to quell any potential usurpation, thru the dumbing down of education, and the replacement of real intelligible information and news with emotional junk news meant to heighten arousal and create separation among us lowered tiered humans (both techniques have been in practice for quite some time).  Its a dubious and probably effective distopian solution because once people rise up and take over they wont know what the F to do once they take over...and power will be quickly reclaimed by other sect of people that were previously in charge.

Happy weekend everybody!

Is this talking about the revolt of tSwill from tRCMB?
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 2014-05-30, 14:58

MasonGuy wrote:The way to move forward is to create your own vehicle.  Start your own business instead of working for someone.  We are supposed to do that.  Every single business in the US today, be it Apple or MicroSoft or Hewlett Packard or GE or Taco Bell or Proctor and Gamble or Westinghouse started with one person having an idea of something they thought others might want.  

This is the answer. But it's not easy, and it involves a lot of risk. People would rather be drones that bitch about the corporation at happy hour than invest in themselves. Probably because they know that the company that invested in them isn't getting it's money's worth.

I know a guy that left the corporate world to become a "high end' landscaper. He doesn't get many "high end" jobs, but when he does, he gets paid well. The rest of the time, he's just installing sod or planting trees for other companies that land a contract, but he likes working outdoors and having a lot of time off (especially in the off season).

He isn't getting rich, but he has a nice house (with a beautiful yard) that has very manageable payments for him. If he wanted the stress, he could probably hire some employees and expand, but he wanted to get away from the rat race. For all I know, the guy has 2 pairs of shoes: work boots for when he gets to the bar after a job, and flip flops, which he seems to wear much more often.

Work to live, don't live to work.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist 2014-05-30, 15:07

goodbar wrote:Get your shit together quick, pack only the essentials.  Not that you'll actually escape, but try to head for the Alaskan Wilderness, get off the grid and DISAPPEAR. The Huron Mountain Club has logged your IP address and is coming for you.

Downriggers, the Spur Theory...he gone...
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-05-30, 15:12

Cosmo_Kramer wrote:A friend and I attended happy hour after work yesterday and shit got real after a few beers.

Sex is still fun. So is watching winning football.

What's your point?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2014-05-30, 15:27

I don't understand. Do you really believe this is a complex thought? You used some words on the fringe of your vocabulary and I'm supposed to be impressed?
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down