Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am thinking I would like to start arguing about politics

+9
DWags
TheReal_LWS
steveschneider
Floyd Robertson
xsanguine
Turtleneck
Watch Out Pylon!
GRR Spartan
Herbie Green
13 posters

Go down

I am thinking I would like to start arguing about politics Empty I am thinking I would like to start arguing about politics

Post by Herbie Green 2016-12-27, 16:33

I don't really have an affiliation. What platform would you like me to represent?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

I am thinking I would like to start arguing about politics Empty Re: I am thinking I would like to start arguing about politics

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-12-27, 16:44

Be yourself. An American. I'm a progressive who favors a mandatory 2 years of active duty military service or 3 years of civilian service for everyone 18-19-20 after HS and no HS its 18.
I favor use of drones to kill terrorist.

I opposed the 2nd Iraq war and thought using a previously suspected but secret bunker buster bomb to kill high ranking Iraqi government and military officials and their families that were thought to be safe 6-8 reinforced floors below that hotel in Baghdad was the fastest way to cut the legs out from under Saddam Hussain forced an end to the first Iraq War.

I am as steadfast in opposing soon to be President Trump as members of the GOP and their supporters were in their opposition to President Obama for 8 years.

I am a voter.
I am a USN veteran.
I am an American.

Last edited by GRR Spartan on 2016-12-27, 16:49; edited 3 times in total
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

I am thinking I would like to start arguing about politics Empty Re: I am thinking I would like to start arguing about politics

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-12-27, 16:46

Whatever you do please post links from extremely biased sites and pass them off as the one source of truth.

Political Boardin' 101.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-12-27, 16:53

This board needs a true conservative voice.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-12-27, 17:10

Don't listen to GRR or Turtleneck. They're completely nuts.

Represent the libertarians. Represent morality.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-12-27, 17:15

xsanguine wrote:Don't listen to GRR or Turtleneck. They're completely nuts.

You do have the faux anarchism angle down.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-12-27, 17:22

The great thing about arguing about politics is that nobody's right. We're all fooked.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-12-27, 17:22

Turtleneck wrote:
xsanguine wrote:Don't listen to GRR or Turtleneck. They're completely nuts.

You do have the faux anarchism angle down.

I got one!!!
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-12-28, 21:56

That was a low blow, TN. You know I'm sensitive about that topic.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-12-28, 22:16

Herbie Green wrote:I don't really have an affiliation. What platform would you like me to represent?

How are you supposed to argue if you don't have an affiliation?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2016-12-28, 22:35

GRR Spartan wrote:Be yourself. An American. I'm a progressive who favors a mandatory 2 years of active duty military service or 3 years of civilian service for everyone 18-19-20 after HS and no HS its 18.
I favor use of drones to kill terrorist.

I opposed the 2nd Iraq war and thought using a previously suspected but secret bunker buster bomb to kill high ranking Iraqi government and military officials and their families that were thought to be safe 6-8 reinforced floors below that hotel in Baghdad was the fastest way to cut the legs out from under Saddam Hussain forced an end to the first Iraq War.

I am as steadfast in opposing soon to be President Trump as members of the GOP and their supporters were in their opposition to President Obama for 8 years.

I am a voter.
I am a USN veteran.
I am an American.

Hitler believed in and instituted conscription. Why doesn't your belief in it too surprise me?
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-12-28, 23:28

You'd never make it Israel. That's a country you support. Israel has 32 month mandatory conscription for men and 24 months for women. Ironically it is populated by the same people Hutler tried to eradicate.

Going to troll better pay attention to what you've posted before attempting inferences to a person who killed millions of the people you allegedly support.

Last edited by GRR Spartan on 2016-12-28, 23:38; edited 2 times in total
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-12-28, 23:30

I am thinking I would like to start arguing about politics 502811600

I love GRR.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-12-28, 23:34

GRR Spartan wrote:Why am I not surprised you love the troops and support the troops because you have always been scared shitless to be one of the troops.

You are a keyboard hero who doesn't really believe you need to do anything except pay taxes

Thank you for saying this. I didn't want to because I never served and I have too much respect for those who did. It's not surprising a piece of shit like him would say that. He's a coward. He denie he's bi sexual because he hates himself. Fuck him.

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-12-28, 23:38

Fake Bee getting his poop pushed in. I am thinking I would like to start arguing about politics 502811600
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-12-28, 23:40

I toned it down but I am always astounded by how nasty trolls who never served a day want to insult people who did.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

NM

Last edited by GRR Spartan on 2016-12-28, 23:48; edited 1 time in total
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

NM

Last edited by GRR Spartan on 2016-12-28, 23:46; edited 1 time in total
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-12-28, 23:40

I believe 9-11 was a hoax and the moon is a CGI lightbulb hanging from Baby Jebus' bedroom ceiling fan. Join me.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-12-29, 10:29

Thank you for your service, GRR Spartan.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2016-12-29, 13:13

GRR Spartan wrote: You'd never make it Israel. That's a country you support. Israel has 32 month mandatory conscription for men and 24 months for women. Ironically it is populated by the same people Hutler tried to eradicate.

Going to troll better pay attention to what you've posted before attempting inferences to a person who killed millions of the people you allegedly support.

Yes because supporting Israel means agreeing with everything they say or do! You're still a moron. Always have been.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2016-12-29, 15:29

Holy shit you guys...

I am thinking I would like to start arguing about politics 502811600
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-12-29, 16:23

I'm not defending anyone.
Just pointing out a poster's disjointed dichotomy of posting views supporting Israel, then trying to disparage me because I favor mandatory military service. The poster was quick to say Nazi Germany had a conscripted military but didn't mention modern Israel has had a conscripted military since its inception.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-12-29, 16:41

GRR Spartan wrote:I'm not defending anyone.
Just pointing out a poster's disjointed dichotomy of posting views supporting Israel, then trying to disparage me because I favor mandatory military service. The poster was quick to say Nazi Germany had a conscripted military but didn't mention modern Israel has had a conscripted military since its inception.

Because....

Wait for it.....

He's an idiot.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Three_Putt_Par 2016-12-29, 18:00

Trying to ignore the trolling and thank you for your service. I'm curious to why you favor mandatory service? I've always believed service should be voluntary out of free will, especially military service. If we can't get enough people to serve voluntarily, it would seem like we're not fighting very just wars IMO. However, I'm more libertarian on these types of issues (not on economics or other things).
Three_Putt_Par
Three_Putt_Par
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2016-12-29, 19:59

DWags wrote:

Because....

Wait for it.....

He's an idiot.

Realistically none of us are idiots we just have strong opposing views on certain topics.
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-12-29, 20:20

Three_Putt_Par wrote:
Just pointing out a poster's disjointed dichotomy of posting views supporting Israel, then trying to disparage me because I favor mandatory military service.  The poster was quick to say Nazi Germany had a conscripted military but didn't mention modern Israel has had a conscripted military since its inception.

Trying to ignore the trolling and thank you for your service. I'm curious to why you favor mandatory service? I've always believed service should be voluntary out of free will, especially military service. If we can't get enough people to serve voluntarily, it would seem like we're not fighting very just wars IMO. However, I'm more libertarian on these types of issues (not on economics or other things).

I favor manditory public servce, especially military service because, in my opinion, if a significant number of voters know their children and kin may go into harm's way we are much less likely to see another Iraq style conflict where we see National Guard see 2-3-4 tours of combat duty.

Korea and Viet Nam conflicts were resolved n part because people were being drafted and our elected leaders weren't insulated with supporters who love the troops because none of their immeadiate family will every have to be one of the troops.

I will die believing we would have been getting out of Iraq 4-5 years sooner if we would have had a drafted fighting force.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Three_Putt_Par 2016-12-29, 20:36

GRR Spartan wrote:
Three_Putt_Par wrote:

I favor manditory public servce, especially military service because, in my opinion, if a significant number of voters know their children and kin may go into harm's way we are much less likely to see another Iraq style conflict where we see National Guard see 2-3-4 tours of combat duty.

Korea and Viet Nam conflicts were resolved n part because people were being drafted and our elected leaders weren't insulated with supporters who love the troops because none of their immeadiate family will every have to be one of the troops.

I will die believing we would have been getting out of Iraq 4-5 years sooner if we would have had a drafted fighting force.

Interesting and good points.
Three_Putt_Par
Three_Putt_Par
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2016-12-30, 10:55

Three_Putt_Par wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:

Interesting and good points.

GRR is a bastion of personal civil rights. Except when it comes to compulsory military service. But he calls everyone else a hypocrite.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down