Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Streaming services

5 posters

Go down

Music Streaming services Empty Music Streaming services

Post by Herbie Green January 14th 2017, 11:35 pm

Is there a service that can play "My" radio station? Among my favorite artists are Alison Krauss, the Clash, Widespread Panic, Ice Cube, Bob Marley, the Smiths.

My tastes are all over the place and I don't really like being stuck in one genre let alone decide which one I want. So couldn't a service go into my library or song choices and then say "you like those artists so here is some String Cheese Incident, Snoop Dogg and the Cure". I currently have Google Play and maybe it already does this and I don't know how to use it because I am an idiot. Or is what I am asking for non-existent/impossible?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Music Streaming services Empty Re: Music Streaming services

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That January 14th 2017, 11:46 pm

Pandora has a feature that you can add multiple different artists to create a single radio mix. Spotify also has "Your daily mixes" that will use your favorites and new stuff that is related.

Overall - I'm a spotify fanboy. Download it, split a family premium with some friends, explore it and enjoy. Plenty of music and features to fuck with.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green January 15th 2017, 12:05 am

Yes you understand what I am talking about. I thought it might be far fetched but really it shouldn't be that complicated. If I could just pick 10 artists and shuffle their stations at once I think that would accomplish what I want.

...I already share Google Play/get it for free but it seems I need to switch to Spotify if it can't do this.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That January 15th 2017, 12:14 am

Herbie Green wrote:Yes you understand what I am talking about. I thought it might be far fetched but really it shouldn't be that complicated. If I could just pick 10 artists and shuffle their stations at once I think that would accomplish what I want.

...I already share Google Play/get it for free but it seems I need to switch to Spotify if it can't do this.

I think you can do it on pandora for free as well. But long term Spotify reigns.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay January 15th 2017, 12:20 am

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:Yes you understand what I am talking about. I thought it might be far fetched but really it shouldn't be that complicated. If I could just pick 10 artists and shuffle their stations at once I think that would accomplish what I want.

I think you can do it on pandora for free as well. But long term Spotify reigns.

Yup, it's easily doable on Pandora. I also agree that Spotify is the better choice longterm, though I'm loyal to Pandora because it was the first and it did a great job introducing me to new artists based on my then-current favorite artists.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic January 15th 2017, 2:26 am

Slaker Radio...BPM Workout...Rage
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte