Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MICHIGAN STATE SPARTANS @ Buttnuts (OSU) Game Thread

+14
Turtleneck
The_Dude
Herbie Green
DWags
tanfan!
Tim Wakefield
NigelUno
Steve81
Floyd Robertson
TheReal_LWS
WhiteBoyHatcher
Other Teams Pursuing That
aualum06
Death Roe
18 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

MICHIGAN STATE SPARTANS @ Buttnuts (OSU) Game Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: MICHIGAN STATE SPARTANS @ Buttnuts (OSU) Game Thread

Post by NigelUno 2017-01-15, 17:46

Herbie Green wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

How'd that work out for you last time?

MICHIGAN STATE SPARTANS @ Buttnuts (OSU) Game Thread - Page 3 502811600

Unfortunately really well. He scored 4 points today Nigel while his man scored 22 and MSU lost the game with inept offense and inability to stop Lyles from penetrating or deterring jump shots.

But I am not here to celebrate it.

Huh. Tum Tum was on Lyle the whole game?

You thought assists were important after the last game, but not now?

Why does your criteria seem to change?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

MICHIGAN STATE SPARTANS @ Buttnuts (OSU) Game Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: MICHIGAN STATE SPARTANS @ Buttnuts (OSU) Game Thread

Post by DWags 2017-01-15, 17:47

You guys are arguing about a team that is very inconsistent. You're both right.

Freshmen can't play on the road. Upperclassmen are hot and cold. I hope we can pull an NCAA appearance off but I worry we can't.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2017-01-15, 18:02

Now I've seen it all. Nigel defending Tum Tum lol.

But Nigel is panicking.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-01-15, 18:58

NigelUno wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

Unfortunately really well. He scored 4 points today Nigel while his man scored 22 and MSU lost the game with inept offense and inability to stop Lyles from penetrating or deterring jump shots.

But I am not here to celebrate it.

It doesn't change. Oh holy f***iing hell does it never change. Sorry, but for my own sanity and the good of the board I am going to have to put you on ignore along with Death Roe. Unlike Death Roe, yours might be temporary because I actually enjoy you making a fool out of yourself. But I just can't take your nonsense right now trying to celebrate losses because 2+2 doesn't equal 4.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-01-15, 18:59

Herbie Green wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

It doesn't change. Oh holy f***iing hell does it never change. Sorry, but for my own sanity and the good of the board I am going to have to put you on ignore along with Death Roe. Unlike Death Roe, yours might be temporary because I actually enjoy you making a fool out of yourself. But I just can't take your nonsense right now trying to celebrate losses because 2+2 doesn't equal 4.

Thanks for talking about me, Herbie. I miss you too, pal.

Have a good night. :)
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-01-15, 19:34

And FTR, I love Tum. My kids have taken pictures with him, he gave a great speach at their camp. He is an incredible kid, etc.. I really don't want to be put in this corner ripping on him when I am rooting for him.. I hope his 8 assists is now a trend despite that he had 3 or less in the previous seven games just as I had hoped his 13 points was a trend after doing it for a 3rd time despite that he had 5 or less points in the 15 other games.
I want so badly for him to pull through and he is such a competitor that I can't doubt that he will do it. But he is also halfway through his junior year and most of the same patterns are still repeating. So I guess it is a question of my heart vs my head. Maybe Nigel has the same problem. I can't believe he is this stupid even though he has never demonstrated any hoops knowledge

Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2017-01-16, 08:23

Herbie Green wrote:And FTR, I love Tum. My kids have taken pictures with him, he gave a great speach at their camp. He is an incredible kid, etc.. I really don't want to be put in this corner ripping on him when I am rooting for him.. I hope his 8 assists is now a trend despite that he had 3 or less in the previous seven games just as I had hoped his 13 points was a trend after doing it for a 3rd time despite that he had 5 or less points in the 15 other games.
I want so badly for him to pull through and he is such a competitor that I can't doubt that he will do it. But he is also halfway through his junior year and most of the same patterns are still repeating. So I guess it is a question of my heart vs my head. Maybe Nigel has the same problem. I can't believe he is this stupid even though he has never demonstrated any hoops knowledge

Nigel and muffy are both msu shills. You have to realize that and not engage them.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-01-16, 08:34

Herbie Green wrote:And FTR, I love Tum. My kids have taken pictures with him, he gave a great speach at their camp. He is an incredible kid, etc.. I really don't want to be put in this corner ripping on him when I am rooting for him.. I hope his 8 assists is now a trend despite that he had 3 or less in the previous seven games just as I had hoped his 13 points was a trend after doing it for a 3rd time despite that he had 5 or less points in the 15 other games.

Oh. I could tell by your posts that you love him and are rooting for him.

MICHIGAN STATE SPARTANS @ Buttnuts (OSU) Game Thread - Page 3 502811600
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-01-16, 09:56

I don't see this team getting to the NCAA tourney. Might have a shot at winning the NIT though. Do we hang that banner if it happens?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-01-16, 10:00

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I don't see this team getting to the NCAA tourney. Might have a shot at winning the NIT though. Do we hang that banner if it happens?

Please lord no.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-01-16, 10:28

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I don't see this team getting to the NCAA tourney. Might have a shot at winning the NIT though. Do we hang that banner if it happens?

I looked at some recent bracketology yesterday morning that had eight B1G teams in, with MSU being a #8 seed.  It obviously didn't take into account the loss to tOSU yesterday.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-01-16, 10:30

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:What are the tourney chances lookin like

MICHIGAN STATE SPARTANS @ Buttnuts (OSU) Game Thread - Page 3 AAEAAQAAAAAAAAZBAAAAJDFiOTY2NWY5LTZiNTUtNGU2OC05MWQ4LTY4NmYwZTg1NTY3Yg
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-16, 10:52

MSU notes: Tom Izzo questions, blames himself for substitutions
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-01-16, 11:15

Great article by Couch.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/columnists/graham-couch/2017/01/15/msu-ohio-state-basketball-couch-column/96619938/
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve81 2017-01-17, 13:52

Watching the game again on BTN...Tum just didn't play well down the stretch. And the buckeyes pull away.
Steve81
Steve81
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-01-17, 14:43

NigelUno wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:What are the tourney chances lookin like

MICHIGAN STATE SPARTANS @ Buttnuts (OSU) Game Thread - Page 3 AAEAAQAAAAAAAAZBAAAAJDFiOTY2NWY5LTZiNTUtNGU2OC05MWQ4LTY4NmYwZTg1NTY3Yg

?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3