Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you listening to right now?

+46
Motown Spartan
Heathens '87
Banks2Mason
kingstonlake
SeeRockCity
AvgMSUJoe
By-Tor
Dr. Strangelove
tGreenWay
Robert J Sakimano
Travis of the Cosmos
CORNER BLITZ
Jake from State Farm
I.B. Fine
Da Mayor
Cameron
steveschneider
xsanguine
Watch Out Pylon!
WhiteBoyHatcher
keanro
Bill Cain
y2kMgrad
Clarett's Folly
Cool Runnings
msuspartan4eva
Senior Dickfist
Death Roe
El Jefe
SawGreen
CaptainSlow33
Tim Wakefield
tanfan!
MattyFresh
Turtleneck
Steve81
Triple Sparty
TheReal_LWS
Nordic
AnomanderRake
goodbar
The Pantry
Rocinante
Floyd Robertson
DWags
Other Teams Pursuing That
50 posters

Page 6 of 25 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15 ... 25  Next

Go down

What are you listening to right now? - Page 6 Empty Re: What are you listening to right now?

Post by tGreenWay Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:47 am

Turtleneck wrote:I will pray for you, GreenWay.

As you should.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

What are you listening to right now? - Page 6 Empty Re: What are you listening to right now?

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:53 am

a friend of mine has me listening to Aesop Rock.

What are you listening to right now? - Page 6 2599972566
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:04 pm

great tune, quintessential Craig Finn..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:44 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:a friend of mine has me listening to Aesop Rock.

What are you listening to right now? - Page 6 2599972566

Great tune...

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:55 pm

Never heard of Aesop Rock before today. The music isn't my style, but the video is pretty cool. But, to answer this thread's question, I'm listening to Aesop Rock right now.
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:58 pm

Senior Dickfist wrote:Never heard of Aesop Rock before today. The music isn't my style, but the video is pretty cool. But, to answer this thread's question, I'm listening to Aesop Rock right now.
yeah, definitely not my style, either - but a friend of my was talking about his vocabulary, rhyme-ability, etc - and told me to check him out.

so I did.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:29 am

A little something to get the blood pumping.

Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:50 pm

What are you listening to right now? - Page 6 3493939353
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:34 pm

this tune has a solid dreary, rainy day vibe..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cool Runnings Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:48 pm

Mountain Goats-All Hail West Texas and All Eternals Deck. Also the Black Angels but can't remember which album I picked up recently. Passover was the only one I owned previously and this one is on par.
Cool Runnings
Cool Runnings
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:50 pm

Cool Runnings wrote:Mountain Goats-All Hail West Texas and All Eternals Deck. Also the Black Angels but can't remember which album I picked up recently. Passover was the only one I owned previously and this one is on par.
nice - you could do a lot worse than those tunes from those bands.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cool Runnings Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:56 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Cool Runnings wrote:Mountain Goats-All Hail West Texas and All Eternals Deck. Also the Black Angels but can't remember which album I picked up recently. Passover was the only one I owned previously and this one is on par.
nice - you could do a lot worse than those tunes from those bands.
I bought an old refurbished 70s Grundig when I bought my house and have been building up a record collection since. Have to really like a band to commit to a record haha
Cool Runnings
Cool Runnings
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:35 pm

Cool Runnings wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:nice - you could do a lot worse than those tunes from those bands.
I bought an old refurbished 70s Grundig when I bought my house and have been building up a record collection since. Have to really like a band to commit to a record haha
What are you listening to right now? - Page 6 502811600

that's awesome. I read somewhere once that a disturbingly large percentage of people who purchase vinyl never actually listen to the records.

scratch

I probably have 300-400 pieces of vinyl and I did a brief review once and there might only be about 10-20 albums I've never listened to - and most of those were one dollar bargain bin purchases that I picked up mainly for the sweet 70's era cover art.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:43 pm

Because fuck ghost.

What are you listening to right now? - Page 6 220px-LCD_Soundsystem_-_American_Dream
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cool Runnings Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:53 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Cool Runnings wrote: I bought an old refurbished 70s Grundig when I bought my house and have been building up a record collection since. Have to really like a band to commit to a record haha
What are you listening to right now? - Page 6 502811600

that's awesome. I read somewhere once that a disturbingly large percentage of people who purchase vinyl never actually listen to the records.

scratch

I probably have 300-400 pieces of vinyl and I did a brief review once and there might only be about 10-20 albums I've never listened to - and most of those were one dollar bargain bin purchases that I picked up mainly for the sweet 70's era cover art.

Yeah cheap old albums I'm not as picky but new ones are expensive. So far I'm probably hovering around 20 but I've listened to them all at least twice and like putting them on when doing stuff around the house. Of Montreal, the National, the Smiths, Velvet Underground, St. Vincent, a few others. It's a beautiful console though. Was looking for a while and it's not easy to find one similar to it.
Cool Runnings
Cool Runnings
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:07 pm

Cool Runnings wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: What are you listening to right now? - Page 6 502811600

scratch

Yeah cheap old albums I'm not as picky but new ones are expensive. So far I'm probably hovering around 20 but I've listened to them all at least twice and like putting them on when doing stuff around the house. Of Montreal, the National, the Smiths, Velvet Underground, St. Vincent, a few others. It's a beautiful console though. Was looking for a while and it's not easy to find one similar to it.
The new record by The National is pretty sweet, though I'm still partial to Boxer and even High Violet.

lots of good bands you listed, though. We have a few records by The Smiths that largely belong to my wife - she's definitely got a softer spot for the British stuff like The Smiths, New Order, Joy Division, etc.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:16 pm

Bob I hear vinyl doesn’t even sound that different than any other random audio hook ups. What are your thoughts? Ive tried to justify a vinyl set up but is it just the collecting and hobby of it or is it actually a better sound or what? Enlighten me.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:21 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Bob I hear vinyl doesn’t even sound that different than any other random audio hook ups. What are your thoughts? Ive tried to justify a vinyl set up but is it just the collecting and hobby of it or is it actually a better sound or what? Enlighten me.
depends on what you're interested in, time and money you want to invest, etc.

If you are willing to spend a bit of money on quality components, the sound (to me) can be incredible. It has this extra layer of warmth and depth to it. Listening to vinyl might not be as convenient as digital delivery systems but that's not the kind of thing that concerns me. I doubt I'll be on my death bed and wish I had all of that time back that I spent putting on an album.

then there are the intangible aspects that can be important to some people. I dig holding the record, especially the 180 gram versions that are popular in some circles these days. I love the big, dense liner notes, the cover artwork, etc.

so there are a lot of factors to consider.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:19 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Bob I hear vinyl doesn’t even sound that different than any other random audio hook ups. What are your thoughts? Ive tried to justify a vinyl set up but is it just the collecting and hobby of it or is it actually a better sound or what? Enlighten me.

If you are willing to spend a bit of money on quality components, the sound (to me) can be incredible. It has this extra layer of warmth and depth to it. Listening to vinyl might not be as convenient as digital delivery systems but that's not the kind of thing that concerns me. I doubt I'll be on my death bed and wish I had all of that time back that I spent putting on an album.

then there are the intangible aspects that can be important to some people. I dig holding the record, especially the 180 gram versions that are popular in some circles these days. I love the big, dense liner notes, the cover artwork, etc.

I confess, I'm actually a bit romantic about a little needle click now and then.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:43 pm

SawGreen wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I confess, I'm actually a bit romantic about a little needle click now and then.
damn right.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:47 pm

I'm listening to the rhythm of the falling rain.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:12 pm

tGreenWay wrote:I'm listening to the rhythm of the falling rain.
that's a soothing sound, as well
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:15 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:I'm listening to the rhythm of the falling rain.
that's a soothing sound, as well

It's telling me just what a fool I've been.
I told it to take a number and get in line.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:32 pm

Honestly. Slim Whitman What are you listening to right now? - Page 6 328670334
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:25 pm

SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:55 am

gHost Spartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:great tune, quintessential Craig Finn..

That might have been the most uninteresting "song" that I ever heard. Who the fuck listens to Led Zeppelin 3 anyway? WTF?
Seems like the dude ripped this off -

When it comes down to making out, whenever possible, put on side one of Led Zeppelin IV.
one cool thing about that tune (other than the tune itself) is that Craig recorded it the day Prince died so he included the reference to 1999 prior to Led Zeppelin 3.

#TheMoreYouKnow
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cool Runnings Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:13 am

This is my setup

What are you listening to right now? - Page 6 Record10
Cool Runnings
Cool Runnings
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:13 am

SawGreen wrote:

I've bought a total of two sound tracks to movies in my life, the big chill was one, and smoke signals was  the other.  SMoke Signals actually introduced me to Jim Boyd, which I'm forever grateful.  I've always thought one of the best sound tracks to any movie was "The Big Chill" sound track.  I've bought a total of two sound tracks to movies in my life, it was those two.  As far as the Big Chill, the movie actually put me off "A whiter shade of pale".  Kind of like maybe it didn't fit the scene or something.  Used to love the song, now, everytime I hear it, I think of the movie and I don't want to hear it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:14 am

Cool Runnings wrote:This is my setup

What are you listening to right now? - Page 6 Record10
Fly.

(whether it's yours or not is irrelevant - it's still fly).
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:13 pm

the new Brian Fallon single is pretty sweet..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:15 am

What are you listening to right now? - Page 6 3493939353
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:16 pm

Steely Dan.

Seriously.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:35 pm

STRFKR
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:21 am

Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:13 am

Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:28 am

After the ND/Miami game I hopped in bed, threw in the earbuds, and fired up Bon Iver's For Emma, Forever Ago. To me that's the perfect album for the month of November.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:22 pm

Working through some Dire Straits on YouTube. God I miss them sometimes.

Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:40 pm

Jerry Reed today. Damn, he was a righteous guitar player and just plain fun to listen to.

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:52 pm

Clarett's Folly wrote:After the ND/Miami game I hopped in bed, threw in the earbuds, and fired up Bon Iver's For Emma, Forever Ago. To me that's the perfect album for the month of November.
definitely has a good November vibe to it.

This tune by Matthew Ryan has a dark, dreary November sound, too..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:00 pm

Not what I usually listen to but it popped up on my feed. Chick rockers always make me feel tingly in my nether regions. Since my wife is still off limits I'm extra tingly.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 25 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15 ... 25  Next