Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solid Article in the LSJ (of all places) On T.J Duckett..

4 posters

Go down

Solid Article in the LSJ (of all places) On T.J Duckett..  Empty Solid Article in the LSJ (of all places) On T.J Duckett..

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-02-13, 08:26

TJ Duckett has had two life-changing moments at Spartan Stadium.

The one everyone knows about happened in the south end zone.

The other moment happened at 4 a.m. on a bench right outside the stadium's front gate.

It was 2009, a few months after Duckett had been unceremoniously dumped by the Seattle Seahawks,  The former running back sat outside the stadium walls alone, drunk and confused, wondering where the glory had gone.

How T.J. Duckett Fought Depression and Found Life After Football
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Solid Article in the LSJ (of all places) On T.J Duckett..  Empty Re: Solid Article in the LSJ (of all places) On T.J Duckett..

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-02-13, 08:47

I read that a little earlier. I knew that he had some struggles with depression after football, but I didn't know about the 4AM thing. Glad he's found some things that he's committed to and having fun with them.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Solid Article in the LSJ (of all places) On T.J Duckett..  Empty Re: Solid Article in the LSJ (of all places) On T.J Duckett..

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-02-13, 08:57

Floyd Robertson wrote:I read that a little earlier. I knew that he had some struggles with depression after football, but I didn't know about the 4AM thing. Glad he's found some things that he's committed to and having fun with them.
yep - we all have to have a purpose in life.. glad he's found his.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-02-13, 09:04

duckett is the man. although, i still wish we played him at LB. think he would have been an all time at that position instead
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2017-02-13, 09:58

Thanks for posting Bob.

This goes to show you how fleeting an NFL career is. And how mentally and physically demanding it can be. TJ was walking with a cane before he was 30 years old.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-02-13, 10:03

duffy munn wrote:Thanks for posting Bob.

This goes to show you how fleeting an NFL career is. And how mentally and physically demanding it can be. TJ was walking with a cane before he was 30 years old.
yep - and how hard it is once a player is separated from it. It's often all they've ever known - the glory, the fame.. the locker room - it's not the kind of thing that can be replicated in their every day world that they're suddenly thrown into.

often, the same characteristics and attributes that create these players are the very same characteristics and attributes that make it so difficult for them to leave the game.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-02-13, 10:04

duffy munn wrote:Thanks for posting Bob.

(oh - and I believe it does say in the article that the cane isn't necessary for him to walk.. it's more like his trademark look).
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-10-08, 14:24

Fast-forward a few years, it's nice to see him enjoying himself here.

[tw]1314203905690144768[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down