Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sears: "Yeah, we're pretty much effed"

+14
The Pantry
tGreenWay
Robert J Sakimano
Senior Dickfist
Floyd Robertson
NigelUno
DWags
Dr. Strangelove
Jake from State Farm
CaptainSlow33
I.B. Fine
AnomanderRake
Blanch32
Death Roe
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sears: "Yeah, we're pretty much effed" Empty Sears: "Yeah, we're pretty much effed"

Post by Death Roe 2017-03-22, 14:02

http://wwmt.com/news/nation-world/sears-has-substantial-doubt-about-its-future-03-22-2017-155318670

Only took them 10+ years to admit.

I've read that they may declare bankruptcy near July. They have several loans coming due that they won't have any money to make payments on them.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Sears: "Yeah, we're pretty much effed" Empty Re: Sears: "Yeah, we're pretty much effed"

Post by Blanch32 2017-03-22, 14:20

interestingly the mall might go with it. not sure that's been factored into the stock market yet. tons of commercial retail real estate will be made available
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Sears: "Yeah, we're pretty much effed" Empty Re: Sears: "Yeah, we're pretty much effed"

Post by Death Roe 2017-03-22, 14:24

Blanch32 wrote:interestingly the mall might go with it. not sure that's been factored into the stock market yet. tons of commercial retail real estate will be made available

Sears owns a lot of that real estate, too. They might close their stores, but could have a second life as real estate investors.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2017-03-22, 15:23

I bought a $50 humidifier from Sears one time for $5. The guy helping me looked up the price in 3 different spots and saw it was $5 everywhere he checked, then gladly sold it to me for $5. Might be the best $5 I've ever spent.

Their store in EL/Lansing is basically a giant parking lot.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2017-03-22, 17:25

Death Roe wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:interestingly the mall might go with it. not sure that's been factored into the stock market yet. tons of commercial retail real estate will be made available

Sears owns a lot of that real estate, too. They might close their stores, but could have a second life as real estate investors.
This was Eddie Lampert's reasoning for buying them out in the first place, the real estate was supposedly worth more than the business. Unfortunately he bought at the height of the real estate bubble and then realized he didn't know a thing about retail. They've been flailing ever since.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 2017-03-22, 17:35

One article I read said that they might not have enough money to stock their stores in the near future. Sorry to see it happen, because a lot of people will be losing their jobs, but I can't say that I'm surprised.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2017-03-22, 19:18

Didn't they just sell off the Craftsman name? That's supposed to be worth a nice pile of cash.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2017-03-22, 19:27

Jake from State Farm wrote:Didn't they just sell off the Craftsman name? That's supposed to be worth a nice pile of cash.
Yes, to Black & Decker for $900 mill in January, that's how they can last until summer.
Lampert has loaned money as well, he may have separated the retail from the business, but hemorrhaging cash is an understatement.
http://www.businessinsider.com/sears-is-borrowing-another-500-million-from-its-ceo-2017-1
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2017-03-22, 20:28

Those fuckers were Amazon before Amazon and then made a conscious decision to phase out their catalog just as the Internet was taking off.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-03-22, 20:45

I.B. Fine wrote:
Death Roe wrote:

This was Eddie Lampert's reasoning for buying them out in the first place, the real estate was supposedly worth more than the business. Unfortunately he bought at the height of the real estate bubble and then realized he didn't know a thing about retail. They've been flailing ever since.

No, he still has yet to admit he knows nothing about retail
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-31, 05:59

Sears stock sky rocketing. Anybody buy before last week?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-03-31, 07:13

DWags wrote:Sears stock sky rocketing. Anybody buy before last week?

Maybe the parts are worth more than the whole.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-31, 08:45

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:Sears stock sky rocketing. Anybody buy before last week?

I hear it's the top stock holders who were buying the shit up last week. I think it's doubled. I'm sure we'll have tTy or some other ballers who insist they bought bought bought, and maybe they did, but I wouldn't have touched it with someone game be 10K and said, here Buy some sears stock.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-03-31, 08:59

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I hear it's the top stock holders who were buying the shit up last week. I think it's doubled. I'm sure we'll have tTy or some other ballers who insist they bought bought bought, and maybe they did, but I wouldn't have touched it with someone game be 10K and said, here Buy some sears stock.

I wouldn't touch it. It may have been undervalued given break up value of different parts. Maybe the big stock holders had options that made it worthwhile.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-05-31, 15:12

Four Michigan Sears stores to shut down as part of nationwide closures

Looks like the anchors at Lakeside and Fairlane are going down. Can we just implode all enclosed malls while we're at it and reclaim the space?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist 2018-05-31, 15:41

Floyd Robertson wrote:Four Michigan Sears stores to shut down as part of nationwide closures

Looks like the anchors at Lakeside and Fairlane are going down. Can we just implode all enclosed malls while we're at it and reclaim the space?

I can't remember the last time I was at Lakeside, although, I haven't lived on that side of the state in over a decade. Although, I've been to Partridge Creek a couple of times.
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-05-31, 15:47

MAGA

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-05-31, 15:54

Senior Dickfist wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:Four Michigan Sears stores to shut down as part of nationwide closures

I can't remember the last time I was at Lakeside, although, I haven't lived on that side of the state in over a decade.  Although, I've been to Partridge Creek a couple of times.

I live 10-15 minutes from Lakeside and PC. I haven't been in Lakeside since August 5, 2013.  It took me a few years after PC opened to go there, but once I did I realized it's a much better shopping experience even in the dead of winter. I mean, hello, shopping with dogs is awesome.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-05-31, 16:08

Shocked Lansing hasnt been shuttered.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist 2018-05-31, 16:10

I really only went there because I could take my dog. That mall is making America great again, right Bob...lol
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist 2018-05-31, 16:11

I haven't been to the Lansing mall in 20 some years and seemed to be dying then.
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-05-31, 18:26

Hate malls. Haven't been to Lakeside in 20 years. Surprisingly, the Sears at Oakland Mall is still open. Had a Diehard battery installed there a couple years ago. I don't consider the auto department being at the mall.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-05-31, 18:39

Implode. Then, urban farms.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-05-31, 19:31

DWags wrote:Implode. Then, urban farms.

Sounds good to me. I read not long ago that Sterling Hts is commissioning a $50K study to figure out what to do with Lakeside after it implodes. Maybe that's what the study will conclude.?

We can hope, anyway.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-05-31, 20:01

If (When) Sears in Frandor closes, we can be assured the Corr family, which owns the mall property, will somehow find a way to screw things up even worse.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-05-31, 20:03

Floyd Robertson wrote:
DWags wrote:Implode. Then, urban farms.

Sounds good to me. I read not long ago that Sterling Hts is commissioning a $50K study to figure out what to do with Lakeside after it implodes.  Maybe that's what the study will conclude.?

We can hope, anyway.
Was told a couple weeks ago our company will be moving to a brand new building in Sterling Enterprise Park next year...the acreage that use to be Sunnybrook golf course (54 holes), massive bowling alley, and ultra shitty hotel.   According to stories that site will be the largest development in SH since Lakeside was built in the mid 70's.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-05-31, 20:07

The Pantry wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Sounds good to me. I read not long ago that Sterling Hts is commissioning a $50K study to figure out what to do with Lakeside after it implodes.  Maybe that's what the study will conclude.?

We can hope, anyway.
Was told a couple weeks ago our company will be moving to a brand new building in Sterling Enterprise Park next year...the acreage that use to be Sunnybrook golf course (54 holes), massive bowling alley, and ultra shitty hotel.   According to stories that site will be the largest development in SH since Lakeside was built in the mid 70's.

I bet those stories are right. Aside from widening Mound & Schoenherr 25 years ago there's been nothing.

After almost 40 years on Mound, we're getting the hell out and moving on up to Shelby.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cain 2018-05-31, 20:26

Just because women don’t approach you in malls doesn’t mean malls suck. It just means you’re ugly
Bill Cain
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-05-31, 20:56

Bill Cain wrote:Just because women don’t approach you in malls doesn’t mean malls suck. It just means you’re ugly

This would have been a sick burn in the 90's.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cain 2018-05-31, 21:06

I get approached every time I go in public. Pretty typical evening for me
Bill Cain
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2018-05-31, 21:18

The Proactiv vending machine doesn't count.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-05-31, 21:38

Jehovah's Witnesses?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cain 2018-05-31, 23:50

Tinder...have a girl that wants in to my pants but she’s not the most attractive girl. Experience trumps all right?
Bill Cain
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-05-31, 23:55

Probably has a great personality

and a dick
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2018-06-01, 06:17

Bill Cain wrote:I get approached every time I go in public. Pretty typical evening for me

Mall security doesn't count.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist 2018-06-01, 08:25

Jake from State Farm wrote:
Bill Cain wrote:I get approached every time I go in public. Pretty typical evening for me

Sears: "Yeah, we're pretty much effed" 502811600
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2018-06-01, 08:48

Jake from State Farm wrote:

Sears: "Yeah, we're pretty much effed" 1966794946
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-06-01, 13:59

Sears: "Yeah, we're pretty much effed" 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-06-01, 15:22

Jake from State Farm wins the Swill MVP for today.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2018-06-01, 15:26

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Senior Dickfist wrote:

I can't remember the last time I was at Lakeside, although, I haven't lived on that side of the state in over a decade.  Although, I've been to Partridge Creek a couple of times.

I live 10-15 minutes from Lakeside and PC. I haven't been in Lakeside since August 5, 2013.  It took me a few years after PC opened to go there, but once I did I realized it's a much better shopping experience even in the dead of winter. I mean, hello, shopping with dogs is awesome.

That’s pretty much why we go there. I can bring my dog and get errands done at the same time.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next