Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Archie Miller to IU

+6
Clarett's Folly
Floyd Robertson
Blanch32
MattyFresh
tGreenWay
aualum06
10 posters

Go down

Archie Miller to IU Empty Archie Miller to IU

Post by aualum06 2017-03-25, 13:09

7 year deal. Lol 7 years
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Archie Miller to IU Empty Re: Archie Miller to IU

Post by Guest 2017-03-25, 13:11

I think he'll be a good hire for them.

Another Izzo succession candidate off the board.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2017-03-25, 13:13

LooseGoose wrote:I think he'll be a good hire for them.

They fire crean to hire Archie Miller I'm not sure that's the hire they were hoping for
And a 7 year deal?
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-03-25, 14:24

aualum06 wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:I think he'll be a good hire for them.

They fire crean to hire Archie Miller I'm not sure that's the hire they were hoping for
And a 7 year deal?

I wonder if they wanted Flex and he turned them down.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-25, 15:53

This column is almost scary.....

Doyel: Fred Glass knocks it out of the park with Archie Miller

Archie Miller came to N.C. State to play for his brother, who was on Herb Sendek’s staff with the Wolfpack, and to be groomed to become a head coach himself. Archie and his older brother, Sean, were born into a basketball family. John Miller coached his boys at Blackhawk High School, and he raised them to be coaches. All over the ACC, people knew. I mean, we knew. The Miller kids, they’re going to be monster coaches someday.

Sean Miller became one of the country’s youngest head coaches at age 35 at Xavier, then averaged 24 wins over five years, went to four NCAA tournaments, reached one Elite Eight. If he could do that at Xavier, what could Sean Miller do at Arizona? Put it this way: It took him just two years to return the Wildcats to the college basketball elite. They won 32 games this season. Earned a No. 1 seed. Arizona’s in great hands.

And now, so is Indiana. What Sean Miller did at Xavier? Archie Miller damn near duplicated it at Dayton. Go back and re-read that last paragraph, please. And then watch this:

Archie Miller became one of the country’s youngest head coaches at age 32 at Dayton, then averaged 23 wins over six years, went to four NCAA tournaments, reached one Elite Eight.

If he could do that at Dayton, what could Archie Miller do at Indiana? You’ll see. And you’ll see it soon.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-03-25, 15:56

Fife to Dayton? Archie Miller to IU 1550444538
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-25, 15:59

MattyFresh wrote:Fife to Dayton? Archie Miller to IU 1550444538

That's possible.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-03-25, 16:01

LooseGoose wrote:

That's possible.

Or cream gets it.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-03-25, 16:01

LooseGoose wrote:This column is almost scary.....

Doyel: Fred Glass knocks it out of the park with Archie Miller

Archie Miller came to N.C. State to play for his brother, who was on Herb Sendek’s staff with the Wolfpack, and to be groomed to become a head coach himself. Archie and his older brother, Sean, were born into a basketball family. John Miller coached his boys at Blackhawk High School, and he raised them to be coaches. All over the ACC, people knew. I mean, we knew. The Miller kids, they’re going to be monster coaches someday.

Sean Miller became one of the country’s youngest head coaches at age 35 at Xavier, then averaged 24 wins over five years, went to four NCAA tournaments, reached one Elite Eight. If he could do that at Xavier, what could Sean Miller do at Arizona? Put it this way: It took him just two years to return the Wildcats to the college basketball elite. They won 32 games this season. Earned a No. 1 seed. Arizona’s in great hands.

And now, so is Indiana. What Sean Miller did at Xavier? Archie Miller damn near duplicated it at Dayton. Go back and re-read that last paragraph, please. And then watch this:

Archie Miller became one of the country’s youngest head coaches at age 32 at Dayton, then averaged 23 wins over six years, went to four NCAA tournaments, reached one Elite Eight.

If he could do that at Dayton, what could Archie Miller do at Indiana? You’ll see. And you’ll see it soon.
Archie Miller to IU 1494614055

Return to greatness? Wasn't Lute Olsen the coach before Sean?
Oh and WHAT CAN HE DO?!?!? He got to the elite 8, same distance at Xavier. Meanwhile he just lost to Xavier... and was outcoached by Mack

Archie Miller to IU Captur35

Last edited by MattyFresh on 2017-03-25, 16:03; edited 1 time in total
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-03-25, 16:03

Why not, they've already tapped the Izzo pipeline before.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2017-03-25, 16:20

A quick glance at the IU boards tell me that they're coming to grips with being just another Big Ten school.
Also a certain number of them hilariously thought they'd be getting Billy Donovan. So... That's funny.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-03-25, 17:57

IU fans have zero recent memory and evidently no common sense if they thought Donovan would walk away from OKC with 3 years lefy on his 5 yr/$30M contract.

Put them back to 1971 and they would have gone apeshit when IU hired 40 year old Army coach Bobby Knight.

MSU will repeat what other good programs have done and hire a legacy coach or one that's on the current staff. Unfortunately that practice usually isn't successful. Other than Joe B Hall taking over for Rupp at UK I can't recall a successful transition.

Last edited by GRR Spartan on 2017-03-25, 18:16; edited 1 time in total
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-03-25, 18:10

GRR Spartan wrote:IU fans have zero recent memory and evidently no common sense if they thought Donovan would walk away from OKC with 3 years lefy on his 5 yr/$30M contract.

Put them back to 1971 and they would have gone apeshit when IU hired 40 year old Army coach Bobby Knight.

That's the problem with 1 coach programs. watch duke follow the same trajectory
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-03-26, 09:33

Some thought Miller would wait for the Ohio State job. Besides Motta being 49 (he was 37 when OSU hired him) Miller is going IU, a Big Ten school where basketball has always been more important than football.

At IU Miller will be paid more than the football coach and won't get the short end of any funding. That will never happen in Columbus.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-03-26, 13:10

GRR Spartan wrote:IU fans have zero recent memory and evidently no common sense if they thought Donovan would walk away from OKC with 3 years lefy on his 5 yr/$30M contract.

MSU will repeat what other good programs have done and hire a legacy coach or one that's on the current staff. Unfortunately that practice usually isn't successful. Other than Joe B Hall taking over for Rupp at UK I can't recall a successful transition.

Really? You can't think of another example of a transition being successful?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2017-03-26, 13:23

Cameron wrote:

Well there was that Izzo guy...
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-03-26, 14:14

CheesySpartan wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Well there was that Izzo guy...

Archie Miller to IU Giphy
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-03-26, 14:49

Besides MSU.  

You think MSU will get lucky twice and MSU wasn't basketball royalty like IU, UK, KU, UCLA, UNC.  Some argue MSU still hasn't broken through and Izzo is one of them.

Cheesy and Cameron got another example. MSU wasn't thought of as a Top 10 or Top 5 job when Izzo took over. I admire your condifence the MSU will get lightning in the bottle twice.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-03-26, 14:55

The old saying goes: Don't be the guy to replace a legend: Be the guy who replaces the guy who was a legend.
I hope I'm wrong, but I expect a period of disappointment with TI's immediate successor. OTOH, if Tom is allowed to name his own replacement and there's a 2-3 year transition (same as Jud to Tom) then it might work the way it did the first time. Realistically, we won't be getting another future HoF coach, nor one who spends his entire career in EL.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-03-26, 23:03

tGreenWay wrote:The old saying goes: Don't be the guy to replace a legend: Be the guy who replaces the guy who was a legend.

You just blew my mind
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-26, 23:17

Herbie Green wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:The old saying goes: Don't be the guy to replace a legend: Be the guy who replaces the guy who was a legend.

You just blew my mind

The world didn't lose much. Archie Miller to IU 4198636888

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down