Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michigan's Most Dangerous Intersections

+3
y2kMgrad
Travis of the Cosmos
The Pantry
7 posters

Go down

Michigan's Most Dangerous Intersections Empty Michigan's Most Dangerous Intersections

Post by The Pantry 2017-03-31, 20:25

Ranked by number of accidents in  2016.

Some make complete sense.  I-75 & M-59 and I-696 & Van Dyke have been bad for years due to the short amount of space vehicles have to get on and off together.   And, drivers not experienced with roundabouts.  

I don't quite get some of the others.  I-75 & Big Beaver ranked #5.  To me, that's one of the smoothest intersections/interchanges because of the separate lanes for getting on and off I-75.  #12...Mound Rd & Metro Parkway.  Drive through it at least twice a day.  Only thing I can figure is the ginormous potholes on Mound near the intersection yank the steering wheel away from those unfamiliar with the road trail.

2016 Michigan's Most Dangerous Intersections
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Michigan's Most Dangerous Intersections Empty Re: Michigan's Most Dangerous Intersections

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-03-31, 20:29

I haven't seen any accidents at 14 and orchard lake, or at least I don't think I have. It's obvi up there though because they put in a traffic circle last year and at first people had no idea what they were doing. It seems to have been better lately
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Michigan's Most Dangerous Intersections Empty Re: Michigan's Most Dangerous Intersections

Post by y2kMgrad 2017-03-31, 21:16

I would think 28th and Clyde Park would be somewhere on that list. I've seen several accidents there over the years.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-03-31, 21:41

y2kMgrad wrote:I would think 28th and Clyde Park would be somewhere on that list. I've seen several accidents there over the years.

West side > East side.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-04-01, 00:16

I-75 S & M-59 interchange during the morning rush hour is a nightmare. Knock on WBH's skull, I've never seen an accident there.

75 & Big Beaver has plenty of lead in and out, that has to be due to the volume. Though, I can never remember which way I need to go on Big Beaver so I may have caused a few accidents switching lanes at the last minute.

I'll add one... 69 E to 75 S. You have about 2 seconds to decide whether to ram into the underpass or play chicken with a car hauler doing 80 in the merge lane.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-04-01, 00:17

haha, my wife got into an accident merging onto 59 E from 75 S.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-04-01, 00:30

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:haha, my wife got into an accident merging onto 59 E from 75 S.

That intersection is "no place for a nervous person"
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-04-01, 00:39

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:haha, my wife got into an accident merging onto 59 E from 75 S.

Weave lane where cars entering and exiting occupy the same lane. I frequent 7 of the top 20. 131 and wealthy sucks. I'm reading this as my crazy wife has us going down inclines in Tennessee in construction at about 78. I'm telling her to slow down and she's George costanza'ing it saying "we're making great time"
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-04-01, 00:43

Wags I'm proud of you/your wife that you are comfortable enough to sit in the passenger seat and cruise the internet/post here while she drives. I've said elsewhere that I trust my son to drive as much as I trust my wife. He's 7.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-04-01, 00:47

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Wags I'm proud of you/your wife that you are comfortable enough to sit in the passenger seat and cruise the internet/post here while she drives. I've said elsewhere that I trust my son to drive as much as I trust my wife. He's 7.

She's a pretty solid driver. She grew up in the D south of morross on Buckingham before her dad got soft and moved to tanfan town. She learned some pretty aggressive moves on outer drive and Mack
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-04-01, 00:55

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Wags I'm proud of you/your wife that you are comfortable enough to sit in the passenger seat and cruise the internet/post here while she drives. I've said elsewhere that I trust my son to drive as much as I trust my wife. He's 7.

This

That is why The Dowager Lady Margret, Countess and Prefict of Northumbria is posting. No way he can look out the window. I have to divert my eyes when my wife drives.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-04-01, 01:07

Shit. Try going to the west rim of the Grand Canyon. Some of the most gripping ride I ever experienced. Probably better now but that was the worst I've ever experienced
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down