Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Russia knew of Syrian chemical attack in advance, US official says

5 posters

Go down

Russia knew of Syrian chemical attack in advance, US official says Empty Russia knew of Syrian chemical attack in advance, US official says

Post by NigelUno Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:21 pm

Russia knew of Syrian chemical attack in advance, US official says
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Russia knew of Syrian chemical attack in advance, US official says Empty Re: Russia knew of Syrian chemical attack in advance, US official says

Post by NigelUno Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:28 pm

Pentagon must have called FoxNews for running with the AP story.

FoxNews says Pentagon won't confirm.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Russia knew of Syrian chemical attack in advance, US official says Empty Re: Russia knew of Syrian chemical attack in advance, US official says

Post by Rocinante Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:36 pm

It sounds pretty flimsy. Not that I wouldn't believe it, but one official, who won't discuss details and bases it all on the a drone that was flying over the hospital that was bombed after treating some of the victims?

Even if it were true, the hospital was damaged, not destroyed. Pretty piss poor cover up.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:49 pm

Rocinante wrote:It sounds pretty flimsy. Not that I wouldn't believe it, but one official, who won't discuss details and bases it all on the a drone that was flying over the hospital that was bombed after treating some of the victims?

Even if it were true, the hospital was damaged, not destroyed. Pretty piss poor cover up.

It was a Russian drone. Who was flying it seems to be the question. Not sure if they said whether the plane that bombed the hospital took off from the same airfield.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:52 pm

NigelUno wrote:
Rocinante wrote:It sounds pretty flimsy. Not that I wouldn't believe it, but one official, who won't discuss details and bases it all on the a drone that was flying over the hospital that was bombed after treating some of the victims?

It was a Russian drone. Who was flying it seems to be the question. Not sure if they said whether the plane that bombed the hospital took off from the same airfield.

What I'm saying is regardless if it was the Russians, I'm pretty sure they have the capability to level the hospital if they want to, and they didn't.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:57 pm

I am still wondering why killing Syrian children with mortar rounds, anti-personnel bombs and rockets from motorized launchers was acceptable but killing them with nerve gas is unacceptable.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:03 pm

GRR Spartan wrote:I am still wondering why killing Syrian children with mortar rounds, anti-personnel bombs and rockets from motorized launchers was acceptable but killing them with nerve gas is unacceptable.

White House seeks to clarify barrel bomb comments on Syria

"The White House on Monday sought to clarify a suggestion that Syrian leader Bashar Assad’s use of barrel bombs against civilians could prompt a response by the U.S. military.

“If you gas a baby, if you put a barrel bomb into innocent people, I think you will see a response from this president,” White House press secretary Sean Spicer told reporters when asked what constitutes President Trump’s “red line’ for military action.

Hours later, Spicer tried to clear up his comments, which implied a significant change in U.S. policy toward Syria."
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:43 pm

GRR Spartan wrote:I am still wondering why killing Syrian children with mortar rounds, anti-personnel bombs and rockets from motorized launchers was acceptable but killing them with nerve gas is unacceptable.

That makes two of us. Dead is dead.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:56 pm

Or blocking them from seeking shelter here is a good thing for America.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:57 pm

DWags wrote:

Or blocking them from seeking shelter here is a good thing for America.

Yeah. If we're picking sides (and dropping bombs), I'm not sure how we can exclude Syrian refugees.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:41 am

If you really don't understand why chemical weapons are considered crueler than conventional weapons, read about the Geneva protocol. If you're just making a philosophical statement about war, yeah, we all get it. Unfortunately that's not how the world works.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:29 pm

My point is it was clear the Assad regime was already targeting civilians and killing women and children with conventional non-chemical weapons killing 1000's .

Trump acting like this latest chemical attack was unique because children died. He wants to pick and choose. He's the one differentiating to justify using a cruise missles to target one base and gave Russia advanced warning so their personnel could be moved out of targeted area.

Playing by the dead children card was great theater.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:44 pm

GRR Spartan wrote:My point is it was clear the Assad regime was already targeting civilians and killing women and children with conventional non-chemical weapons killing 1000's .

Trump acting like this latest chemical attack was unique because children died. He wants to pick and choose. He's the one differentiating to justify using a cruise missles to target one base and gave Russia advanced warning so their personnel could be moved out of targeted area.

Playing by the dead children card was great theater.

Well, duh. There was no risk and so much potential reward with the strike. Hawks cream their jeans at opportunities like that. And surprise!! He's talking regime change and thumping his chest at Korea. Nothing to see here folks. We love a fucking bully.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down