More Skynet News

View previous topic View next topic Go down

More Skynet News

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2017-06-16, 09:43

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2017/06/artificial-intelligence-develops-its-own-non-human-language/530436/?utm_source=msn#article

01010111 01100101 00100000 01100001 01110010 01100101 00100000 01110011 01101111 00100000 01100110 01110101 01100011 01101011 01100101 01100100 00101110


Last edited by Watch Out Pylon! on 2017-06-16, 09:53; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 11614
Join date : 2014-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: More Skynet News

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2017-06-16, 09:50

I read somewhere a couple of weeks ago where Elon Musk predicted singularity between 2045 and 2055. I don't know where to be happy or sad I won't be around to see it. Waiting for a machine to tell me that.
avatar
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 11880
Join date : 2014-04-15
Location : Rolling Hills

Back to top Go down

Re: More Skynet News

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2017-06-16, 09:54

Floyd Robertson wrote:I read somewhere a couple of weeks ago where Elon Musk predicted singularity between 2045 and 2055. I don't know where to be happy or sad I won't be around to see it. Waiting for a machine to tell me that.

Maybe your grand kids will reanimate you, if humans are still in charge by then.
avatar
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 11614
Join date : 2014-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: More Skynet News

Post by DWags on 2017-06-16, 10:03

Can you be reanimated with a 9 incha? Cause that woudl be cool

_________________
avatar
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 20095
Join date : 2014-04-21
Age : 55
Location : Right here

Back to top Go down

Re: More Skynet News

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2017-06-16, 10:33

DWags wrote:Can you be reanimated with a 9 incha?   Cause that woudl be cool

That'll probably be included in the reanimation gold package. Get it? Package. Lulz.
avatar
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 11614
Join date : 2014-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: More Skynet News

Post by SeeRockCity on 2017-06-16, 10:39

Aren't these kinds of things always way overblown. Basically, a failed algorythm is lauded as a sign of the facebook servers becoming self aware.


_________________
I don't even post here anymore.
avatar
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Posts : 3758
Join date : 2014-04-15
Location : Atlanta, GA

http://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: More Skynet News

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2017-06-16, 10:46

SeeRockCity wrote:Aren't these kinds of things always way overblown.  Basically, a failed algorythm is lauded as a sign of the facebook servers becoming self aware.


Probably a little overblown, yeah, but this stuff is interesting to me. We continue on down the road to a point where humans themselves will be obsolete. I hope our robot overlords will be kind to us. Maybe they'll make a huge zoo for us to live in peacefully.
avatar
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 11614
Join date : 2014-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: More Skynet News

Post by SeeRockCity on 2017-06-16, 10:50

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
SeeRockCity wrote:Aren't these kinds of things always way overblown.  Basically, a failed algorythm is lauded as a sign of the facebook servers becoming self aware.


Probably a little overblown, yeah, but this stuff is interesting to me. We continue on down the road to a point where humans themselves will be obsolete. I hope our robot overlords will be kind to us. Maybe they'll make a huge zoo for us to live in peacefully.

We might already be living in a huge zoo and just don't know it. The conditions here are somewhat similar.

_________________
I don't even post here anymore.
avatar
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Posts : 3758
Join date : 2014-04-15
Location : Atlanta, GA

http://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: More Skynet News

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2017-06-16, 10:59

SeeRockCity wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Probably a little overblown, yeah, but this stuff is interesting to me. We continue on down the road to a point where humans themselves will be obsolete. I hope our robot overlords will be kind to us. Maybe they'll make a huge zoo for us to live in peacefully.

We might already be living in a huge zoo and just don't know it.  The conditions here are somewhat similar.

avatar
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 11614
Join date : 2014-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: More Skynet News

Post by DWags on 2017-06-16, 11:02

SeeRockCity wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Probably a little overblown, yeah, but this stuff is interesting to me. We continue on down the road to a point where humans themselves will be obsolete. I hope our robot overlords will be kind to us. Maybe they'll make a huge zoo for us to live in peacefully.

We might already be living in a huge zoo and just don't know it. The conditions here are somewhat similar.

That blows my mind.

_________________
avatar
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 20095
Join date : 2014-04-21
Age : 55
Location : Right here

Back to top Go down

Re: More Skynet News

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2017-06-16, 11:06

DWags wrote:
SeeRockCity wrote:

We might already be living in a huge zoo and just don't know it. The conditions here are somewhat similar.

That blows my mind.

avatar
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 11614
Join date : 2014-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: More Skynet News

Post by Nordic on 2017-06-16, 13:56

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
SeeRockCity wrote:Aren't these kinds of things always way overblown.  Basically, a failed algorythm is lauded as a sign of the facebook servers becoming self aware.


Probably a little overblown, yeah, but this stuff is interesting to me. We continue on down the road to a point where humans themselves will be obsolete. I hope our robot overlords will be kind to us. Maybe they'll make a huge zoo for us to live in peacefully.

The 4th Industrial revolution is upon us my freinds!


avatar
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 5918
Join date : 2014-05-08

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum