Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guys, are we just burning it all down? I need to know because I don't want to miss the end of days party at Bob's house

5 posters

Go down

Guys, are we just burning it all down? I need to know because I don't want to miss the end of days party at Bob's house Empty Guys, are we just burning it all down? I need to know because I don't want to miss the end of days party at Bob's house

Post by Turtleneck Tue 11 Jul 2017 - 17:14

Guys, are we just burning it all down? I need to know because I don't want to miss the end of days party at Bob's house Marist%20poll%20questions%20on%20rights

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/americans-are-burning-down-the-house/2017/07/10/7b522ea6-65af-11e7-a1d7-9a32c91c6f40_story.html?utm_term=.916013a0f036
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Guys, are we just burning it all down? I need to know because I don't want to miss the end of days party at Bob's house Empty Re: Guys, are we just burning it all down? I need to know because I don't want to miss the end of days party at Bob's house

Post by DWags Tue 11 Jul 2017 - 17:38

The party of less government. Bullshit
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Guys, are we just burning it all down? I need to know because I don't want to miss the end of days party at Bob's house Empty Re: Guys, are we just burning it all down? I need to know because I don't want to miss the end of days party at Bob's house

Post by Turtleneck Tue 11 Jul 2017 - 17:45

DWags wrote:The party of less government in the economy, but no problem using the powers of government for the purposes of more order. Bullshit.

I added a little bit, DWags
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Wed 12 Jul 2017 - 11:30

Wow. Shit like this shouldn't be able to shock me anymore, but it still does. Who are all these people clamoring to have their rights taken away? What motivates them to want less?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 12 Jul 2017 - 11:37

Cameron wrote:Wow. Shit like this shouldn't be able to shock me anymore, but it still does. Who are all these people clamoring to have their rights taken away? What motivates them to want less?

They don't think it through. They don't write for a paper so they don't give a shit about freedom of the press. They can vote unimpeded so they thik we've given too many voting rights out to "others". They aren't politically active enough so they think too many of "those people" are on t.v. protesting too much.

They are not quite thinking this through, and while it's frightening, you just have to shake your head and laugh
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed 12 Jul 2017 - 12:39

They're white and know that if anyone loses rights, it won't be them.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 12 Jul 2017 - 14:57

Rocinante wrote:They're white and know that if anyone loses rights, it won't be them.

Well, except the endangered white male.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 12 Jul 2017 - 15:57

tGreenWay wrote:
Rocinante wrote:They're white and know that if anyone loses rights, it won't be them.

Well, except the endangered white male.

The man is keeping me down.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Wed 12 Jul 2017 - 21:18

I guess. I just can't wrap my head around that mindset. I'm not a journalist or anything, but I still consider freedom of the press to be one of "my" rights.

And at the risk of being reductionist and generalizing, anyone who says we've gone too far in expanding the right to vote is either stupid or some sort of bigot (or both).
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Jul 2017 - 21:35

Cameron wrote:

I guess. I just can't wrap my head around that mindset. I'm not a journalist or anything, but I still consider freedom of the press to be one of "my" rights.

And at the risk of being reductionist and generalizing, anyone who says we've gone too far in expanding the right to vote is either stupid or some sort of bigot (or both).

Is there a too far? All citizens should be able to vote.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down