** Warning science** please help me understand this: Did China just "transport" something?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

** Warning science** please help me understand this: Did China just "transport" something?

Post by DWags on 2017-07-12, 18:24

I'm lost, as usual, but this reads as the early stages of "Beam me up Scotty". is that right?

China transports something from earth to orbit. WTF? Called Quantum entanglement

Geronte

Back to top Go down

Re: ** Warning science** please help me understand this: Did China just "transport" something?

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2017-07-12, 18:44

Too early to tell. They didn't physically transport anything, and who knows if this protocol can be extended to physical teleportation.
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Re: ** Warning science** please help me understand this: Did China just "transport" something?

Post by MiamiSpartan on 2017-07-12, 18:50

No, it's not really like Beam me up Scotty, unless Captain Kirk, Spock, etc., had a physical clone on each planet. It's not physically moving an object from one place to another, but instead there are two objects, one in space and one on earth, and this transfers the information/characteristics from one to another (in this case, it's just a proton, so there's very little in the way of information/characteristics at this point, but obviously the capabilities would be likely to expand over time).
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on 2017-07-12, 18:54

Floyd Robertson wrote:Too early to tell. They didn't physically transport anything, and who knows if this protocol can be extended to physical teleportation.
It sounds like it may have more applications in communication, but that might just be based on what we can comprehend now. Who knows what, if any, new discovery/invention in the future could use this in other ways.
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2017-07-12, 18:54

Still pretty cool but not all that much different than a television yet.

Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-07-13, 01:05

DWags wrote:I'm lost, as usual, but this reads as the early stages of "Beam me up Scotty". is that right?

China transports something from earth to orbit. WTF? Called Quantum entanglement

Where can a pal score some of the weed you have?

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2017-07-13, 01:50

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:I'm lost, as usual, but this reads as the early stages of "Beam me up Scotty". is that right?

Where can a pal score some of the weed you have?

My weed is way better than that polebarn dried up shit you stuff in a bowl.
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzo Court on 2017-07-13, 13:17

Since photons move at the speed of light time does not exist for them. So a single photon can be everywhere at the same time.
Izzo Court
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ on 2017-07-13, 17:24

CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum