Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breaking News: per sources close to the situation, Hannity will not receive Buckley Award

3 posters

Go down

Breaking News: per sources close to the situation, Hannity will not receive Buckley Award Empty Breaking News: per sources close to the situation, Hannity will not receive Buckley Award

Post by Turtleneck 21/07/17, 09:47 am

Fox News Channel star anchor Sean Hannity will no longer receive the conservative Media Research Center's William F. Buckley Award for Media Excellence at its September 21 gala, sources familiar with the situation tell CNN.

Buckley, the founder of the National Review, who died in 2008, was hailed in his day as "arguably the most important public intellectual in the United States." Giving an award in his name to Hannity -- a pugnacious talk radio host who has shared conspiracy theories on his popular cable news show -- had caused hand wringing among some conservatives.

It also caused distress among Buckley's family -- in particular his only child, best-selling author Christopher Buckley.
A source familiar with the situation tells CNN that Christopher Buckley "expressed great dismay" at the announcement that the award would go to Hannity, who has spent a great deal of time insulting conservative intellectuals on Twitter, particularly since he became a strong supporter of Donald Trump.

Buckley, sources say, called the Media Research Center and expressed his disapproval. Sources tell CNN that the MRC acquiesced and will no longer give the award to him. Hannity has since been removed from the gala website.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/07/21/media/sean-hannity-buckley-award/index.html
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Breaking News: per sources close to the situation, Hannity will not receive Buckley Award Empty Re: Breaking News: per sources close to the situation, Hannity will not receive Buckley Award

Post by Robert J Sakimano 21/07/17, 10:02 am

I'm guessing that:

a) Hannity didn't want the award anyway

b) wasn't going to attend the ceremony

c) thinks of it as nothing more than the Republican establishment trying to keep him on message.

Hannity himself couldn't reached for comment because he was studying for a standardized test that would award him a certificate of completion from 6th grade.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Breaking News: per sources close to the situation, Hannity will not receive Buckley Award Empty Re: Breaking News: per sources close to the situation, Hannity will not receive Buckley Award

Post by Turtleneck 21/07/17, 10:15 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'm guessing that:

Bob, Hannity is not a five star recruit that opts to decline an offer from UM and go elsewhere. Also, D would be "Hannity does not have the grades."
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 21/07/17, 10:18 am

Turtleneck wrote:

Bob, Hannity is not a five star recruit that opts to decline an offer from UM and go elsewhere. Also, D would be "Hannity does not have the grades."
Hannity couldn't be reached for comment, as he was busy arranging Russian prostitutes for the sexual predator.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 21/07/17, 10:22 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Hannity couldn't be reached for comment, as he was busy arranging Russian prostitutes for the sexual predator.

Bob, ur incorrigible.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 21/07/17, 10:33 am

Turtleneck wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Bob, ur incorrigible.
maybe the nicest thing that's been said about me in the esteemed annals of tSwill.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 21/07/17, 10:46 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Bob, ur incorrigible.
maybe the nicest thing that's been said about me in the esteemed annals of tSwill.

Since the topic was the president's sexual proclivities, you were supposed to focus more on the ur in part and less on the corrigible.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 21/07/17, 01:53 pm

c) thinks of it as nothing more than the Republican establishment trying to keep him on message.

Hannity himself couldn't reached for comment because he was studying for a standardized test that would award him a certificate of completion from 6th grade.

Good call, Bob.

Started with (in reply to CNN's Jake Trapper)

Sean Hannity‏Verified account @seanhannity 4h4 hours ago
Hey Fake News Jake, I was offered an award, I was unable to attend, and I respectfully turned it down.

Then ended with

Sean Hannity‏Verified account @seanhannity 4h
Fact; "Awards" are BS ways to raise $. The only "Award" I care about is serving my audience, the support of my audience, and saving the USA

So he started with your B and then ended with your A.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 21/07/17, 02:09 pm

Turtleneck wrote:

Good call, Bob.

Sean Hannity‏Verified account @seanhannity 4h4 hours ago
Hey Fake News Jake, I was offered an award, I was unable to attend, and I respectfully turned it down.

Then ended with

Sean Hannity‏Verified account @seanhannity 4h
Fact; "Awards" are BS ways to raise $. The only "Award" I care about is serving my audience, the support of my audience, and saving the USA

thanks.

I have a pretty keen insight on the inner-workings of the human mind. Especially the ones that are a bit more pathological in nature.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 21/07/17, 03:32 pm

Turtleneck wrote:

Good call, Bob.

Sean Hannity‏Verified account @seanhannity  4h4 hours ago

Then ended with

Sean Hannity‏Verified account @seanhannity  4h

Jesus, I thought OJ's "I'm gonna spend the rest of my life trying to find Nicole's killers" was bad....
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down