Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A military option is on the table...for Venezuela

5 posters

Go down

A military option is on the table...for Venezuela  Empty A military option is on the table...for Venezuela

Post by Turtleneck 2017-08-11, 18:21

Highly doubtful this is anything more than the mouth moving ahead of the brain.

NBC News‏Verified account
@NBCNews
President Trump: "We have many options for Venezuela, including a possible military option if necessary"
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

A military option is on the table...for Venezuela  Empty Re: A military option is on the table...for Venezuela

Post by tGreenWay 2017-08-11, 18:25

How many new wars is Donnie going to get us into?

I'm glad I don't have kids or grandkids who are eligible to serve. Actually, I'm mostly just glad I don't have kids and grandkids. Mostly.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

A military option is on the table...for Venezuela  Empty Re: A military option is on the table...for Venezuela

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-08-11, 19:07

Biggest error that's being made is creating a line.

Obama made similar statement about Syria and was roundly criticised when he didn't back it up.

Keep threatening and there will be a fuck up by one side. Then the real mess starts.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-08-11, 19:14

He keeps saying these things as if we didn't already know.

Was there a miliatary plan for North Korea? Yeah. Yeah there was. For years now. Just in case shit went south at any moment.

Was there a miliatary plan for Venezuela if shit went south? Yup.

Is there a military plan for if the queen of England disbands parliament and attacks France? Fuckin probably. For 700 billion a year we have contingencies for whatever random bullshit you can think of. It's just this guy feels the need to blurt it outloud like a maniac. Everyone knew it existed already.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-08-11, 21:39

This goes back to my very unpopular view of an active military draft.

Do you think the solid base of folks who voted for Trump whould think his unfiltered saber rattling would be sounding so tough it they knew their sons, daughters and grandchildren could be called up so they could be human targets in a real shooting war?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-08-11, 21:40

GRR Spartan wrote:This goes back to my very unpopular view of an active military draft.

Do you think the solid base of folks who voted for Trump whould think his unfiltered saber rattling would be sounding so tough it they knew their sons, daughters and grandchildren could be called up so they could be human targets in a real shooting war?

They aren't very bright. So yeah... yeah they would.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-08-11, 21:49

[quote="Travis of the Cosmos"]
GRR Spartan wrote:This goes back to my very unpopular view of an active military draft.

They do have a "That won't happen" attitude until it does and then they are shocked.

I saw some interviews with Trump supporters and a lot of grandparents were the staunchest Trump supporters regarding Korea and I think they are insulated knowing none of their kin would ever be harmed. They have no skin in the game.

They aren't very bright. So yeah... yeah they would.

Last edited by GRR Spartan on 2017-08-12, 09:01; edited 1 time in total
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy 2017-08-12, 06:57

Heck any different then anything we did in Panama or with Pinochet?
Honestly Donald Trump is karma just coming around for the USA.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down